[Use AnyDVD 6.5.1.0 beta] Problem with bangkok dangerous (Disc 1 of 2 disc S.E.)

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by patsy132, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwald

bwald Member

Don't know Drink.....VSO shows region 1-8 but I think that is not neccesarily a report on this disc.(see image) The disc itself says Region 1 on the label.
    I only know I did have issue with this movie when I first purchased it, same as everyone else. anydvd hung up and clone failed as well as anydvd rip to harddrive.

The work around resolved my problem.

FYI: adding titles 2-18 +23 only adds the previews to the end of the movie. You will not get the menu or alternate ending.

2. Carfanatic

Carfanatic Member

I have done a clean uninstall and reinstall on AnyDVD using all past versions I still have on my computer up to 6.5.0.7 and all of them just keep getting stuck in the endless scanning loop. It isn't just limited to the 6.5.0.8 beta which I never even tried until 6.5.0.7 and the past ones didn't work for me. I have even tried other CSS removal software and it does the same thing.

3. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

The information for the titles is very very different between AnyDVD 6.5.0.7 and 6.5.0.8. According to AnyDVD 6.5.0.8 the bonus features are in Titles 2, 3, and 4. Titles 2, 3, and 4 are blanked by AnyDVD 6.5.0.7.

For now, apparently, a movie-only or movie-only+menus backup should be possible with AnyDVD 6.5.0.7.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  4. chatterx

chatterx New Member

I downgraded to anydvd 6.4.7.0 and got it to scan. Was only able to do the movie only though. kept on getting read errors if I tried whole disc

5. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Anyone post the 6.5.0.7 log files yet? I figgure James might find them helpful?

-W

6. nomadblue

nomadblue New Member

Bangkok Dangerous WS single side

Anybody know why this dvd disables AnyDVD?
    Settings report - AnyDVD is disabled for Drive E:!
    and the red fox reports - Off: 1
    Put in any other DVD and it is enabled / On
    AnyDVD 6.5.0.7
    CloneDVD 2.9.2.0
    Plays fine in portable and on computer

7. IronClaw

IronClaw Member

Just an update. Like I said I used AnyDVD 6.5.0.7 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.9 and was able to get the movie and special features.

I selected titles 1-19, 21 & 22 and I have the alternate ending.

I tried to open CloneDVD again to get screen shots and it comes up with a read error. Don't know if I was lucky or not but I was successful.

Again, this is the single-sided Disc 1 special edition Widescreen (Cat No. 24749 is printed on the disc)

8. IronClaw

IronClaw Member

Where does it put the logfile?

9. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

In your My Documents folder by default. You need to right click the little fox and "create logfile" 1st.

-W

10. I bought the movie and tried to make a backup before my son got his hands on it. I got just a single sided dvd, it is not double sided. In trying to back up the dvd nothing works. I have tried on 3 drives. I also got Pineapple Express and that one I got to back up just fine, the single sided dvd kind.

11. IronClaw

IronClaw Member

Ok, I turned off A.I. Scanner and did the logfile. How long does it typically take? it keeps scanning the disc. Is that right?

It get to about 415KB and then AnyDVD just keeps scanning the disc.

Ok, Here is what I got...hope it helps!

Attached Files:

12. Heathw

Heathw Member

Bangkok Dangerous

Does anyone know when anydvd will work to backup Bangkok Dangerous. I'm using Any DVD 6.5.0.7 and it just sits there and keeps scanning the disk.

13. This section says you can backup the movie just not the full movie. Says to backup

"titles 1-19, 21 & 22 and I have the alternate ending."

have not tested it yet myself.

14. Heathw

Heathw Member

Bangkok Dangerous Log File

Here is my log file turning the AI off. If I put it on automatic the disk just sits there and scans and scans and scans.

Attached Files:

15. Wadadli

Wadadli New Member

Bangkok Dangerous

insert your disc open anydvd after scanning is complete open clonedvd2 select clone dvd. On the next screen select as usual and then uncheck 20, 23, 24 and 25 be sure to have dvd-5 selected at the botom and uncheck preserve menus. You are now in business. Took all night

16. chadwin405

chadwin405 New Member

Bangkok a success

I have the latest versions of both anydvd and clonedvd, and I toyed around with the checked chapters and found that if you'd remove 01,20,21,24, and 25 and be able to preview the movie on the clonedvd preview. It backs up just fine. You might have to make a few adjustments to get it to work, but dont give up. :cool:

17. litlbit2001

litlbit2001 Member

DVDshrink cloneDVD

It seems that disabling the IU in anyDVD and use DVDshrink seems to work and then using CloneDVD to burn. Of course my friend only selected the movie and not the whole disk option. It worked and was successful. I'm referring to the one side region 1 widescreen movie Bangkok Dangerous, not the 2 sided one.

18. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Don't worry. Fix is coming.

19. poolshark2014

poolshark2014 Well-Known Member

Please tell me at least today as I am Having problems with Bangkok Dangerous,Pineapple Express, and Disaster Movie.

20. ddean32

ddean32 Member

Bangkok Dangerous

I'm able to scan up to 45% in Clone and then it simply stops. This is without deselecting any titles. Can someone offer advice please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.