• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Use AnyDVD 6.5.1.0 beta] Problem with bangkok dangerous (Disc 1 of 2 disc S.E.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsy132

Here ya go

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_Bangkok_Dangerous.zip
    414.8 KB · Views: 317
Here ya go

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

1. State the full error message(s) you encountered (click "details"),
  2. tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and
  3. describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

Your ZIP cannot be opened. You'll need to read the link I posted, tell us what your problem is and re-upload logs.

ok sorry, i am using anydvd 6.4.9.2 and clone 2.92.0 what is happening is that i put the disc in and it gets stuck on scanning disc the one time it did read the disc i sent you the log file but even that didn't work right ...the log file didn't appear until sometime later. I know it's not the program... i did pineapple express, righteous kill and disaster movie and they all worked fine. I tried the same thing in another computer... i played it on my stand alone dvd player, thinking it might be a bad disc, but it played fine. I am attaching another log file...see if you guys can figure it out please.

Attachments

414.8 KB · Views: 45
I tried a new zip file...try this one. thanks

Attachments

758.4 KB · Views: 101
The description of your problem and the logs make me believe the issue is a bad disc be it badly pressed or damaged.

From your logs:

Added cell VTS 1, PGC 2, Cell 24
Highest steps: 4
Highest total steps: 116
Highest Button depth: 1
Total count: 4
Total cell count: 25
read sectors failed, sense 4:3e:2
tries 2 retry 257366 to 257367
tries 1 retry 257366 to 257367
tries 0 retry 257366 to 257367
read error 257366 to 257367, max 4169920, io->read_error 0
WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector 8350, absoluteSector 257366

<snip>

There are numerous locations where there are read errors and then you ejected the disc during the process of creating the logs:

Added cell VTS 1, PGC 2, Cell 83
Highest steps: 1
Highest total steps: 352
Highest Button depth: 1
Total count: 1
Total cell count: 105
read sectors failed, sense 2:3a:2
unit ready failed, sense 2:3a:2
unit ready failed, sense 2:3a:2
Medium removed!
WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector 19870, absoluteSector 268886

You have no bad filters installed and there are many read errors. It's more than possible for this disc to play just fine in a standalone or just viewing it but still be a flawed/damaged disc. Some DVD drives tend to be better readers than others. You can try the disc in another DVD drive to see how that drive handles the disc.

In my opinion, this is a flawed or damaged disc.

I'm having issues with bangkok [Bangkok Dangerous]

log file attached

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_Bangkok_Dangerous.zip
    777.8 KB · Views: 30
I separated your post into its own thread. You are having read errors, as well. This disc release may contain many bad pressings. In the meantime we need to address each problem separately.

Your logs do differ in that your DVD drive region is not set.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.4.9.2)
ATAPI DVD ALH-1H18AX HA71 2006/12/04 15:47
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

It should be set. Not setting the drive region can lead to problems obtaining titlekeys and decrypting discs. All you need to do is set it once and you're all set.

1. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
  2. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
  3. Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
  4. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
  5. Click "properties".
  6. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
  7. Select the region that you're in
  8. Start Anydvd

Once you have set your drive region please create and post a new set of log files.

Looks bad to me

Usually when you see anything like this you can assume the DVD is really bad:

read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
tries 2 retry 3788298 to 3788299
tries 1 retry 3788298 to 3788299
tries 0 retry 3788298 to 3788299
read error 3788298 to 3788299, max 4169920, io->read_error 0
WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector 15666, absoluteSector 3788298

bankok dangerous

I was having the same type of problems with this title as the other two people mentioned. I'm attempting to back this up right now. I had to deselect a few titles,I think they where 22,23,and 25. So far everything is going good. I'll post back in awhile and let ya'll know.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.9.2: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6492.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar, and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.2.0: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2920.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

D) Provide the Clonedvd log file after Clonedvd has finished--or after you receive an error message.

attachment.php

i)In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
ii)Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
iii) The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
iv) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
v) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
vi) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
vii) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
viii) click "upload"
ix) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Here is what I get when I checked the AnyDVD status window:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.9.2)
MEMOREX DVD+-RAM 525G V1 G.01 06/11/10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Bangkok_Dangerous
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I am also using the latest ClondDVD2. When I click on creat log file it messes back up,it seems this title has a new form of protection on it. But if you are using the latest AnyDVD and CloneDVD2,this is the solution I used to make a full back-up. I deselected titles 20,23,24,and 25. The movie is title 1. Everything is working fine with the back-up. I will try and create the log file for you guys.

Please do step 6 and 7 so that I can pass that information along to a developer. With step 7, select everything. I want the full error message in the log file so I can pass that info along.

I clicked on create logfile and it's still hanging up. I will let it run for a few and see what happens.

Last edited:
View attachment CloneDVD2 log file.txt

I kept getting read errors without any titles deselected.(CloneDVD2 only ran for about 2 mins before the errors.) I still can not create a log file for AnyDVD. AnyDVD keeps hanging up. But the back-up I made using the method above,everything including extras work.

View attachment 5263

I kept getting read errors without any titles deselected.(CloneDVD2 only ran for about 2 mins before the errors.) I still can not create a log file for AnyDVD. AnyDVD keeps hanging up. But the back-up I made using the method above,everything including extras work.

O.k., thanks

View attachment AnyDVD_Info_F_Bangkok_Dangerous.zip

See if this log file might help Webslinger. It's from AnyDVD,a few of the other logs were corrupted,this one I was able to open and look in. This log might not show everything because I had to reset AnyDVD,but like I said titles 20,23,24,and 25 and the bad ones.

Last edited:
It might be a funny copy protection. I'll check. Unfortunately the log isn't complete (disc was removed before the end), but I'll try...

It might be a funny copy protection. I'll check. Unfortunately the log isn't complete (disc was removed before the end), but I'll try...

Three people have reported problems and in all 3 cases the logs are not complete because the people removed the disc during scanning. Good luck, James. :)

View attachment 5264

See if this log file might help Webslinger. It's from AnyDVD,a few of the other logs were corrupted,this one I was able to open and look in. This log might not show everything because I had to reset AnyDVD,but like I said titles 20,23,24,and 25 and the bad ones.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

I know the reason why I stopped the scan for my log file was because AnyDVD would hang up trying to create the log file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back