• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Use AnyDVD 6.5.1.0 beta] How to back-up Bangkok Disaster with AnyDVD and Clone DVD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im Packing

Ok, I figured out a way to get it to work! There is no way to rip it to the hdd, yet. This is just a temporary solution. First disable the AI and let AnyDVD 6.5.0.8 scan the disc. Then re-enable it and let it scan the disc again (AnyDVD will not produce a complete log with AI enabled). Then run CloneDVD2 2.9.2.0 back up entire movie with menu. Then removed titles 20 23, 24, and 25. It then had no problems creating, processing, and writing the files! Voila! A working copy of Bangkok Dangerous with special features and trailers works with a DVD9 back-up. An attempt to do a full back-up on to a DVD5 would result in the process hanging at 47%.

Bangkok

IronClaw,

Just an update. Like I said I used AnyDVD 6.5.0.7 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.9 and was able to get the movie and special features.

I selected titles 1-19, 21 & 22 and I have the alternate ending.

I tried to open CloneDVD again to get screen shots and it comes up with a read error. Don't know if I was lucky or not but I was successful.

Again, this is the single-sided Disc 1 special edition Widescreen (Cat No. 24749 is printed on the disc)

Have not tested, guessing you are using a single layer dvd to back it up too ?

banhkok problems

I tried this and it froze at 65% so any more suggestions would be helpful

Entire movie and special features including alternate ending works. Odd thing is it still shows copy protection on the back-up.

Listed is the AnyDVD scan of the back-up disc along with log files from AnyDVD (AI disabled) and CloneDVD2 of the back-up disc.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.5.0.8)
LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-16H5S LPVC 2005/08/16 01:03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd+r dl (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1766736 sectors (3450 MBytes)
Total size: 3533456 sectors (6901 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Bangkok Dangerous
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 1 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_Bangkok Dangerous_backup.zip
    103.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Bangkok_Dangerous_all.txt
    15.4 KB · Views: 8
Not been able to purchase this movie just yet.. but has anyone had any issues backing up this movie with just the main title?

Typically.. that's all I ever rip is the main title.

Looks like this should work for a dvd5 disc.

"In CloneDVD2 I had to deselect titles 20,23,24 and 25. Title 1 is the movie."

Have not tried my self, just surfing the web and found that.

Ok, I figured out a way to get it to work! There is no way to rip it to the hdd, yet. This is just a temporary solution. First disable the AI and let AnyDVD 6.5.0.8 scan the disc. Then re-enable it and let it scan the disc again (AnyDVD will not produce a complete log with AI enabled). Then run CloneDVD2 2.9.2.0 back up entire movie with menu. Then removed titles 20 23, 24, and 25. It then had no problems creating, processing, and writing the files! Voila! A working copy of Bangkok Dangerous with special features and trailers works with a DVD9 back-up. An attempt to do a full back-up on to a DVD5 would result in the process hanging at 47%.

Some of use dont want to waste a duel layer, this is one of those movies that we need to be patient for a update.

Some of use dont want to waste a duel layer, this is one of those movies that we need to be patient for a update.

For the time being it is possible to make a movie+menu backup without extras or bonus features with AnyDVD 6.5.0.7 and CloneDVD 2.9.2.0 and you could compress to DVD-5 at ~91% quality if my memory is right. Only backup Title 1 and the menus or don't keep the menus. It's up to the user. This is, obviously, not a perfect solution.

The problem will be fully resolved soon. Please be patient.

I was able to back this title up by unchecking Titles numbered 20, 23, 24, 25. AnyDvD and CloneDvD recorded it perfectly. I actually watched my copy with no probs.

For the time being it is possible to make a movie+menu backup without extras or bonus features with AnyDVD 6.5.0.7 and CloneDVD 2.9.2.0 and you could compress to DVD-5 at ~91% quality if my memory is right. Only backup Title 1 and the menus or don't keep the menus. It's up to the user. This is, obviously, not a perfect solution.

The problem will be fully resolved soon. Please be patient.

I just tried again at lunch I got it to read finally by disabling the AnyDVD AI and using CloneDVD. I tried just doing the Title 1 and it go to 99% and then gave a read error. I took it out made sure it was clean and nothing on it and still same thing. I was using AnyDVD 6.5.0.7 and Clone DVD 2.9.2.0.

I turned off the AI and left it off while trying to use CloneDVD should I turn it back on and it won't continually read?

I won't be able to try again now for another 4 hours.

I just tried again at lunch I got it to read finally by disabling the AnyDVD AI and using CloneDVD. I tried just doing the Title 1 and it go to 99% and then gave a read error. I took it out made sure it was clean and nothing on it and still same thing. I was using AnyDVD 6.5.0.7 and Clone DVD 2.9.2.0.

I turned off the AI and left it off while trying to use CloneDVD should I turn it back on and it won't continually read?

I won't be able to try again now for another 4 hours.

With 6.5.0.7 you don't turn off the A.I. Scanner to make this backup.

I was able to back this title up by unchecking Titles numbered 20, 23, 24, 25. AnyDvD and CloneDvD recorded it perfectly. I actually watched my copy with no probs.

So, do you have the bonus features? I am pretty confident when you go to play them you will find they aren't there. Titles 2, 3, and 4 were blanked. The trailers are there, of course, but that does little good if you want to watch the movie. :)

So, do you have the bonus features? I am pretty confident when you go to play them you will find they aren't there. Titles 2, 3, and 4 were blanked. The trailers are there, of course, but that does little good if you want to watch the movie. :)

No I didn't see the bonus material on the backup. Your right! Although I do like getting the bonus material on the backup if possible. That's only secondary though if you own the retail, which I do. I can always watch the trailors on the retail version if I really want to watch them. The trailors were there though.

The important part to me is getting the movie itself to record. If I accomplish that I'm happy since I watch the movies primarily for the movies. The bonus material is just that. A bonus. ;)

Some movies come in a two disc set with the bonus material being on the 2nd disc. I don't record the second disc, I just record the main disc. As I said I can always watch the bonus on the retail.

The best way to say all this is that "If someone throws me a steak, I'm not going to complain if it ain't got the bone!" ;)

Last edited:
The important part to me is getting the movie itself to record. If I accomplish that I'm happy since I watch the movies primarily for the movies. The bonus material is just that. A bonus. ;)

Some movies come in a two disc set with the bonus material being on the 2nd disc. I don't record the second disc, I just record the main disc. As I said I can always watch the bonus on the retail.

The best way to say all this is that "If someone throws me a steak, I'm not going to complain if it ain't got the bone!" ;)

I Feel the same way. If you're using a DVD-5 it's silly to add all the extra stuff - all that space sharply reduces the movie quality.

I just take the Main Movie with the AC3-5.1 audio steam and PERHAPS the Directors Comments, assiming I care what he has to say.
Then (Using DVDShrink) I "force" the 5.1 audio stream. If I want the comments, they are 1 click of the remote controll away - no menu needed.

-W

With 6.5.0.7 you don't turn off the A.I. Scanner to make this backup.

Will have to try again when I get home but if I just left the AI on then it scanned forever or at least the 5+ hours I let it scan for the first time.

But, I have yet to try to turn it off let it read it then turn it back on and see if the CloneDVD then works or even if AnyDVD quits scanning.

Will have to try again when I get home but if I just left the AI on then it scanned forever or at least the 5+ hours I let it scan for the first time.

But, I have yet to try to turn it off let it read it then turn it back on and see if the CloneDVD then works or even if AnyDVD quits scanning.

That would have happened with v6.5.0.8 beta for me but v6.5.0.7 it didn't.

Anyway, I'd say sit back and relax. I'm sure James is working on resolving this soon enough. Only he knows how long it might take but based upon previous experience I'd say he'll have a solution within a few days at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back