• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Use 6.5.9.4 beta] Having Trouble with Tranformers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Webslinger I tried to rip to hard drive with no luck it said no source

Yes, I know.

Allow Anydvd up to 10 minutes to scan the disc before opening any other program. If that doesn't work, then your disc is likely defective and needs to be exchanged. Everyone else here can rip the disc. It's just the playback order is all messed up.

My point was that, no matter what, you're either going to need to use "rip video dvd to harddisk" if you're using Anydvd. You can't use Windows Explorer and start dragging and dropping files and expect that to work properly.

Last edited:
If you are using AnyDVD 6.5.9.3 beta and you are pointing to the drive the DVD is in then you are have a completely different problem than anyone else.

When viewing the AnyDVD status window does the disc show up as being acknowledged?

that only happened when I tried to use save to hard drive

I just tried the wait 15 minutes for scanning then open 1-click pro and I took a screen shot of the results, and this was after 19 minutes
I am now trying to duplicate that and this time get a log fife for you

Attachments

• after 19 minutes of scanning.7z
    154.6 KB · Views: 3
There's definitely an issue with playback ordering, but no one except you has mentioned a computer crash.

I am using Media player classic, I tried a couple of others but I get no picture at all.... MPC reboots my computer. I have been using anydvd hd since it came out never have I seen this before.

Jerry

that only happened when I tried to use save to hard drive

I just tried the wait 15 minutes for scanning then open 1-click pro and I took a screen shot of the results, and this was after 19 minutes
I am now trying to duplicate that and this time get a log fife for you

Please put another DVD in the drive and create log files with it and then post the logs.

1. Ensure Anydvd is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile"
  5. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
  7. Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar)
  8. When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
  9. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
  12. click "upload"
  13. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

this is in rip to Hard drive modeD mode that this occurs in with it keeping scanning

I went back to one before the beta and I tried to rip to disc and I got this message
AnyDVD Ripper
File 0 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 1048576 655360

oh yeah when WMP opened up with any dvd active movie didn't start and WMP froze on black screen and I had to use task manager to close it

I went back to one before the beta and I tried to rip to disc and I got this message
AnyDVD Ripper

oh yeah when WMP opened up with any dvd active movie didn't start and WMP froze on black screen and I had to use task manager to close it

Yeah, a FileIO 3 error is a read error. Please post a log files.

Please put another DVD in the drive and create log files with it and then post the logs.

1. Ensure Anydvd is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile"
  5. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
  7. Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar)
  8. When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
  9. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
  12. click "upload"
  13. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

this is the log file I was notified about I used my Santana dvd and I know that one worked, but then got another one so here is both

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.8.7_Info_E_SANTANA_LIVE_BY_REQUEST.zip
    72 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_6.5.8.7_dump.zip
    752.8 KB · Views: 0
AnyDVD Ripper

6.5.9.3 is the only Anydvd version where you shouldn't be getting a read error using "rip video dvd to harddisk". Older versions will give you a read error.

Again, allow Anydvd up to 10 minutes to scan the disc before opening any other program. If that doesn't work, then your disc is likely defective and needs to be exchanged.
Everyone else here can rip the disc. It's just the playback order is all messed up.

Last edited:
here are the two you requested

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.8.7_Info_E_SANTANA_LIVE_BY_REQUEST.zip
    72.1 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_6.5.8.7_Info_E_TRANSFORMERS2_D1_VANILLA.zip
    708.3 KB · Views: 1
I am using Media player classic, I tried a couple of others but I get no picture at all.... MPC reboots my computer. I have been using anydvd hd since it came out never have I seen this before.

Anydvd 6.5.9.3 certainly isn't handling the playback order properly on this disc yet. Whether that's causing MPC to reboot your system, I have no idea, but it's possible.

from my experience with the beta version it(rip to hard drive) still doesn't work on either computer

from my experience with the beta version it(rip to hard drive) still doesn't work on either computer

Your disc could be defective. Regardless, that problem is on your end.
Ripping works for everyone else who has a non-defective disc with 6.5.9.3, except the playback order is messed up.
Make sure you click the "default" button in Anydvd. Then click "ok". The playback order being messed up is an Anydvd issue. Borderline defective discs are not.

Last edited:
here are the two you requested

When a disc uses structural protections, is borderline bad, or even just an outright bad disc the problem can be compounded if a user has problematic filters installed. Those filters can be the difference between the disc being properly scanned and acknowledged or it not.

I recommend updating to AnyDVD 6.5.9.3 beta again.

From your logs:

Pwd_2k (system32\drivers\Pwd_2k.sys), Version: 5.3.5.10 (5.3.5.10)
Company: Roxio
Product: DirectCD
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2001-2003, Roxio, Inc.
Description: Win2000 Framework for Packet Write Driver
FileVersion: 5.3.5.10
ProductVersion: 5.3.5.10

Cdralw2k (system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys), Version: 5.3.5.10 (5.3.5.10)
Description: CDRAL for Windows 2000 Kernel Driver

Cdr4_xp (system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys), Version: 5.3.5.10 (5.3.5.10)
Description: CDR4_XP CDR Helper

These filters should be removed because they can lead to problems. Refer here for a list of known problematic filters: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15536.

Remove the filters:

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "Pwd_2k". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Select "Cdralw2k". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  6. Select "Cdr4_xp". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  7. Reboot

Whatever programs installed the filters may no longer work properly. Reinstall the piece of software that originally installed the filter to get things working again if necessary but I advise against this because the result will likely problems down the road due to the filters.

After rebooting and updating to AnyDVD 6.5.9.3 beta, insert the Transformers 2 DVD in the drive. Is the disc still not being scanned and acknowledged as being present?

Your disc could be defective. Regardless, that problem is on your end.
Ripping works for everyone else who has a non-defective disc with 6.5.9.3, except the playback order is messed up.
Make sure you click the "default" button in Anydvd. Then click "ok". The playback order being messed up is an Anydvd issue. Borderline defective discs are not.

after installing the 93 beta twice it is finally ripping to harddrive
I have made over 12 attempts on this so far previously with different versions of AnyDVD..maybe I got as cleaner install this last time and I have tried to rip to my harddrive with all of them, remembering your comments once before on another disc

I have made over 12 attempts on this so far previously with different versions of AnyDVD..maybe I got as cleaner install this last time and I have tried to rip to my harddrive with all of them, remembering your comments once before on another disc

The disc may be a borderline bad disc with the problematic filters I noted above compounding the problem.

Those filters can be the difference between the disc being properly scanned and acknowledged or it not.

They weren't listed in the 6.5.9.3 log from back here, and Dee_ni_al said he or she was still having problems:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=223693&postcount=86

Consequently . . . allow Anydvd up to 10 minutes to scan the disc before opening any other program. If that doesn't work, then your disc is likely defective and needs to be exchanged. Everyone else here can rip the disc. It's just the playback order is all messed up.

As for the system with that packet writing junk installed, yes, those filters should be removed.

Even if it does rip, playback will be messed up.

you mentioned play back order was incorrect..my question will it play correctly when completer

I forgot this one time I got 1 click to rip but it finished at over 975% completed, go figure

you mentioned play back order was incorrect..my question will it play correctly when completer

:confused:

Only the original disc without Anydvd running in the background will play correctly.

Anydvd needs to be updated to handle this disc properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back