• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

US Phantom HDDVD Logfile

rory83

There must be a little more to it than this because if I play the disk (In my case 'An American Werewolf...' HDDVD) using PowerDVD it plays fine, but if I use the same PowerDVD on the same machine on the rip, I get this corruption too. And PowerDVD doesn't use the Msoft codecs. This is the first time I've used AnyDVD and it is thus a little disappointing.:(

Last edited:
PowerDVD v3104/3319 does not have this problem with Unforgiven rip on my PC
Arcsoft Total player does not have this problem with Unforgiven rip on my PC
MPC does have this problem but only for the first 10 mins of the movie (using Haali + DMO)
MPC does not have this problem using Sonic splitter + sonic video decoder

My American Werewolf rip has no video corruption in MPC, but audio is strange.

Have you tried to re-rip and play? I think earlier versions of AnyDVD may not have ripped everything quite right.

Last edited:
PowerDVD v3104 does not have this problem with Unforgiven rip on my PC
MPC does have this problem but only for the first 10 mins of the movie (using Haali + DMO)
MPC dos not have this problem using Sonic splitter + sonic video decoder
My PDVD is 3319a.

Have you tried to re-rip and play? I think earlier versions of AnyDVD may not have ripped everything quite right.

Yes, reripped. I also have the same issue on my only other disk, Phantom. Interestingly each time I rip them, the corruptions occur in different places. Shows OK for a minute or 2 then corruption creeps in and at times completely pixellates the output. And yet the actual disks play fine via PDVD so it's not a media problem. Tried both the current production version and the last beta of Anydvdhd, tho' I see there's a new beta there this am. But it doesn't mention any changes to the decoding itself. Phantom is a US disk and American Werewolf was UK bought.

This is using the LG dual reader with a 6600Quad.

It is also not a playback codec issue, the same rip does the same breakup on my Sigma 8634 based media centre.

Last edited:
This refers to my post ref the pixellation I get on both the disks I've tried so far in any AnyDVDHD. Here is the logfile for the Phantom disk. Note that although listed in the filters, InCD is not running, I've commented it out in the registry.

Edit... Well that's odd, despite my removal of Incd from LM/windows/run, I see in the process list it's still there, though its icon doesn't show up in the start bar any more. I'll kill it, and try again...
Edit Edit: Incd, as well as its 'run' registry entry, also installed itself as a service. So I've disabled that and will try another rip...

One hour later.. well that's eliminated Incd as the cause of the problem, still pixellation everywhere...
Any ideas anyone please?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_PHANTOM_OF_THE_OPERA_V8_1_AACS.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
This refers to my post ref the pixellation I get on both the disks I've tried so far in any AnyDVDHD. Here is the logfile for the Phantom disk. Note that although listed in the filters, InCD is not running,

Doesn't matter. The filters need to be removed

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
InCDPass (system32\drivers\InCDPass.sys), Version: 5.7.1.1 (5.7.1.1)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD
Copyright: Copyright 2007 Nero AG and its licensors
Description: Nero InCD RW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 5, 7, 1, 1
ProductVersion: 5, 7, 1, 1

incdrm (system32\drivers\InCDRm.sys), Version: 5.7.1.1 (5.7.1.1)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD Reader
Copyright: Copyright 2007 Nero AG and its licensors
Description: Nero MRW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 5, 7, 1, 1
ProductVersion: 5, 7, 1, 1

Afc (system32\drivers\Afc.sys), Version: 1.0.0.2 (1.0.0.2)
Company: Arcsoft, Inc.
Product: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.
Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2

And AFC.sys is well known for causing problems.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "InCDPass". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "incdrm". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "Afc". Click "Remove Selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Thanks for your reply. Bet you get bored repeating it...Sorry. :(
I deinstalled the whole of Nero, and it doesn't appear in the o/p from the Imgburn list. But afc does, so I'll remove that, and also something called cdrbsddrv, from something called 'B's recorder gold'. I think all these have appeared because I have installed several video editor trial packages on this machine at different times. What a mess...
I'll eliminate them and try again!

Nero is fine, but Incd isn't. You can install Nero (just don't install Incd).
Never liked Nero anyway!
No better I'm afraid, though Imgburn seems to list only redbook, the drive, Anydvd and imapi. I've attached the updated zip.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_PHANTOM_OF_THE_OPERA_V8_1_AACS.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 3
Do not post in other's troubleshooting threads unless you want to help them, please.
click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=53 and read fully

I just merged your posts from two threads concerning the same issue and was confused from not realizing you had posted elsewhere providing other pertinent information concerning your problem. Troubleshooting becomes very difficult if people need to read multiple threads concerning an issue that someone is having.

Last edited:
And yet the actual disks play fine via PDVD so it's not a media problem.

Just because a disc plays fine doesn't mean it is fine.
But I doubt the original disc is the problem if no errors occurred while ripping.

Last edited:
Yes. (lengthens message so it isn't rejected!)

Other than trying different versions of Powerdvd, I'm out of suggestions I'm afraid.
Perhaps others will.

You don't have "rename highest XPL file" enabled in Anydvd, right?

Other than trying different versions of Powerdvd, I'm out of suggestions I'm afraid.
Perhaps others will.

You don't have "rename highest XPL file" enabled in Anydvd, right?

No, that option is off. And I do not think it is a PowerDVD problem because it's in the rip, and the errors are visible via my media player if I transcode the rip to it.

There must be a little more to it than this because if I play the disk (In my case 'An American Werewolf...' HDDVD) using PowerDVD it plays fine, but if I use the same PowerDVD on the same machine on the rip, I get this corruption too. And PowerDVD doesn't use the Msoft codecs. This is the first time I've used AnyDVD and it is thus a little disappointing.:(

Does PowerDVD play the disc correctly, if AnyDVD is running?

Does PowerDVD play the disc correctly, if AnyDVD is running?
Yes, it's running now with AnyDVD in the startbar. I have the information window up and it's showing it as a VC1 video ,with varying bit rates around 20Mbps, plus DDPlus 5.1 at 640Kbps.

Last edited:
Further observations

I've been trying some further experiments tonight. First of all I note that for some reason things seem, since I removed those installed filters and misc applications, to have become rather sluggish on the PowerDVD front. It seems to pause a lot before it starts playing, with periods where the disk light is not on, and little appears to be happening. But if you wait, up comes the video...
OK. So, I decided to retry my first HDVDVD, American Werewolf. But this time I made sure I'd made it play in PowerDVD first. Plays fine. OK, rip it... Eureka, the rip seems fine!!!.
So I went back to Phantom, waited for AnyDVD to finish its load. Loaded up PowerDVD, waited through several multisecond pauses till it started. Playing fine. Stop PowerDVD, and immediately rip.... Seems fine at last, tho' I've only watched the first 10 mins, but previously it's all been broken up by then.
So... conclusions:
1.By using the PowerDVD first it's sorting out some odd buffering problem?
2. New LG drive taking a little time to run in and, though it works OK for PowerDVD at normal playing rates from disk, AnyDVD does something it can't quite cope with till its warm?

Clutching at straws, but at least I seem to have a modus operandi at present. And I've now done the only 2 disks I have at present!
The 2 EVOs that make up the main feature on Phantom total 19GB by the way: AnyDVDHD takes about an hour to rip them on this Quad6600.

Last edited:
1.By using the PowerDVD first it's sorting out some odd buffering problem?
No, there shouldn't be any difference, but you must wait for AnyDVD to finish the decryption before you start to rip.

2. New LG drive taking a little time to run in and, though it works OK for PowerDVD at normal playing rates from disk, AnyDVD does something it can't quite cope with till its warm?
No, see above.

Clutching at straws, but at least I seem to have a modus operandi at present. And I've now done the only 2 disks I have at present!
The 2 EVOs that make up the main feature on Phantom total 19GB by the way: AnyDVDHD takes about an hour to rip them on this Quad6600.
The drive is the limiting factor. You can use the "xcopy" command or windows explorer drag'n'drop if you think this is faster. Or the Samuri method (see sticky thread).

I've always waited until the balloon from Anydvd vanishes: whether it is the case that it vanishes too early under some circumstances I don't know.

As for the drive, I'm at a loss to know why the corruption was different on each run. And it was noticeably a 'phased' effect. It came, got worse, continued badly until the screen was entirely broken up, and then gradually got better again, a cycle that randomly repeated itself throughout the rip.

No matter, got my 2 rips OK now! Now to face the challenge of transcoding to a format my media box will understand using the Doom 9 guide...

Thanks for your comments. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Back