• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Upgrading from v4.0.2.8 to 4.1.1.5 Losing Registration

FixitMAD

Hi,

I'm not sure what to do. I am on a Windows XP - 32bit system (Standalone) and I upgraded to v4.1.1.5 from v4.0.2.8 and now it says my program is no longer registered.

On my flash stick, I keep all my paid Slysoft registration keys so I tried to use my GameJackal Pro key and it said it loaded up the registry file fine but everytime I try to start GameJackal it says it is no longer registered.

I have rebooted and tried again, but something is wrong with the update that I installed. Will upgrading to v4.1.1.7 fix this problem?

Thanks.

There should be no reason for the registration not to work. Is there an error code being displayed?

Hi,

No just the pop up window indicating that the registration is invalid. I can try to take a screenshot if that would help?

Thanks.

What happens if you apply the registration again?

Try using RevoUninstaller pro (30 day trial) to uninstall (moderate is fine) Gamejackal. Delete the registry settings revo finds (make sure they are really from GJ first). (most times I will clear the prefetch also)
Reboot afterwards.
Re-install GJ latest.
Reboot.
Launch GJ (Should ask for registration), and double click your activation file to register.
Reboot.

I have found this is THE best way to handle ANY Slysoft install.
When you over-install, or even just regular uninstall a slysoft app, things tend to go wrong. A completely fresh start (that slysoft uninstall does NOT provide), results in a perfect working app, 99% of the time.

Last edited:
Matthew,

I have attached the Screenshot since I have rebooted several times and the registration file does not seem to work.

Dave3d, thank you for your suggestion, I will try this out. Will un-installing this program remove my saved profiles?

Thanks /

Attachments

• Game_Jackal_expired1.JPG
    Game_Jackal_expired1.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 12
You should save the 2 folders that have the name 'profile' in them (sorry, I am at work, so cant check the real names). Make sure you back them both up somewhere else. Only saving 1 wont work, and you will lose all profiles.

In the GJ folder there should be a server.gjlog file, can you please post here.

Hello,

Thank you for your help Dave3d. Matthew, I will get that file tonight and post the file tomorrow. I will wait to hear back from you before I un-install anything in case you need any other file. I should mention that the system I have GameJackal Pro on is on a stand-alone system with no access to the Internet.

Thanks.

Hmmmmm.
Doesnt activation require access to the net, to see if its a valid activation code?

This older system I am using the software on, worked fine under v4.0.2.8 and under v3. My .reg code from Slysoft had always worked. Not sure why this is not working now.

Matthew, here is the log file you indicated you needed. Please let me know what else you need. I noticed that the log file says something about v4.1.1.2 which is strange because I used the SetupGameJackal4115.exe file.

After I uninstall all of this, I will try the new new version v4.1.1.7 but I will wait until I hear back from Matthew.

I just noticed that I did initially indicate this system was a (standalone) in my original post. Sorry. I thought I had forgotten to mention that.

Thanks. :agree:

Attachments

• Server.zip
    576 bytes · Views: 4
Last edited:
The log is indicating that the license has expired. This issue might be best handled by support.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your help. I have just sent a request for help from support using the contact page.

Thanks.

Support has still not been able to help me regarding this issue. I find it annoying that I am still waiting on a response back from Slysoft if they have any special cleaners or some kinda of uninstaller that will clean out my system of the GameJackal program.

I paid for this program and now I cannot use it. Last month a tech indicated that I could not have v3 and v4 installed at the same time. Well, when v4 came out Slysoft indicated the new version would take the game profile info and "copy" it over to v4. Like I indicated earlier, I was using an early version of GameJackal Pro v4 up until I tried to install the latest v4.1.1.7. Now I cannot use v4 or v3. I have since uninstalled both versions. Ran CCleaner rebooted, ran defrag, ran registry cleaner from ccleaner and rebooted again.

When I start v4 of GameJackal Pro it says that my trial version has expired!! I want to use this software that I legally bought through Slysoft.

:rock:

(Sorry, just venting)

Please check if your license is listed here in Registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SlySoft\GameJackal\Key

If the key value is matching the one inside your keyfile (you can open it with notepad), please check also "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SlySoft\GameJackal" if there is a GameJackal.lic file with your key inside, if both are yes, then it is very likely a blacklisted license.

Back