• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Upgraded to AnyDVD 8 and now it says my Lifetime LIC expired???

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually cheaper than the Slysoft license was. Throw in a 20% discount too.
The download page has warnings about 8.x.x.x spammed all over it.
And you need to use the download page to get the software.
Unless of course you used a forum link to a beta - in which case the forums are alive with this issue.
-W

It's actually cheaper than the Slysoft license was. Throw in a 20% discount too.
The download page has warnings about 8.x.x.x spammed all over it.
And you need to use the download page to get the software.
Unless of course you used a forum link to a beta - in which case the forums are alive with this issue.
-W
The fora are chock full of discussion about 8.x.x.x requiring a new RedFox license as well.

The fora are chock full of discussion about 8.x.x.x requiring a new RedFox license as well.

Not everyone goes to the forums - unless a problem arises.
But read the last line of my post again - carefully.
I covered the forum angle too.
-W

Last edited:
Not everyone goes to the forums - unless a problem arises.
But read the last line of my post again - carefully.
I hit the forums too.
-W
And using a beta link from the forum requires being IN the forum. Where there are discussions. Many times in the very thread with the download link.

I am not hitting you or anyone else. The situation is bad, no matter what happens. Courtesy of the US government forcing SlySoft to close involuntarily.

And using a beta link from the forum requires being IN the forum. Where there are discussions. Many times in the very thread with the download link.

I am not hitting you or anyone else. The situation is bad, no matter what happens. Courtesy of the US government forcing SlySoft to close involuntarily.

I get that. That's why the last line in my post said:

-W

The 20% off 2-month promotional discount is automatically applied when making a purchase. It is a blanket discount for everyone, new users and SlySoft license holders who purchased before December 2015.

Gotchya.

Thanks.

I upgraded to 8 not knowing it would require a new license. After it killed my license I got on the forums to see that it needs a new license. My issue now is that I can not seem to run my last version. Whenever I try to run AnyDVD, it only sees the new version that I no longer have a license for. Does anyone know how to either run or restore the older licensed version?

Like a lot of people, I am struggling to decide whether or not to renew the license. I get all that is happening here and I'm glad that the company was able to reinvent itself. However, I am wrestling with the fact that the ownership is the same as before but does not seem to have any feelings or obligations towards having sold a lifetime membership to lots of people. I know that legally it is a new company and there is no legal obligation whatsoever. I am struggling with the ethical aspect of it. Just because it is legal, does it make it right?

I get that they need money. What I was hoping for thought was some residual nod to people that had supported them and providing at least a 50% discount. They don't to want to do that which makes me wonder if I want to continue to support them. It's not about being able to afford the difference between 50% and 20%, it's more about how people are treated when they have provided loyal support for a long period of time.

I also understand that different people will feel differently about this, so I am not saying I am right. Just saying that's how I feel and am trying to decide whether or not to renew. Right now, I'm kind of leaning towards just walking away from it.

How to restore? Just install 7695 over the top again. You don't need to wrestle with anything. The ownership is NOT the same. The slysoft owner isn't even remotely connected. It's all just former staff and developers.

How to restore? Just install 7695 over the top again. You don't need to wrestle with anything. The ownership is NOT the same. The slysoft owner isn't even remotely connected. It's all just former staff and developers.

ah... didn't know the ownership changed. So I guess they just need to do an analysis of how many people wouid renew at a 50% discount vs how many would renew at a 20% discount and see what gets them the most revenue.

And thanks. I'll re-install 7695 again.

The 20% off 2-month promotional discount is automatically applied when making a purchase. It is a blanket discount for everyone, new users and SlySoft license holders who purchased before December 2015.
Well... I waited a while and today, coming back to check whether anything had been decided, I found out about this. As a lifetime license user I have to say that I'm not happy about receiving the same offer anyone is getting. As a long time client I can't understand the reasoning behind treating me worse than a new client. It's kinda the opposite of what one would expect.

While I understand the desire to have really new lifetime clients being treated well because they might feel robbed, with a lifetime license used for a few months, I think a differentiation would have gone a long way in making lifetime clients not feeling the way I'm feeling now. Say a 30% instead of 20%? The way you are describing this, the fact that I bought a lifetime license which I've gotten nine years out of becomes irrelevant.

Last edited:
The different discount options are set and final, they are not up for debate.

While I understand the desire to have really new lifetime clients being treated well because they might feel robbed, with a lifetime license used for a few months, I think a differentiation would have gone a long way in making lifetime clients not feeling the way I'm feeling now. Say a 30% instead of 20%? The way you are describing this, the fact that I bought a lifetime license which I've gotten only a couple of years out of becomes irrelevant.

I understand the "feeling thing".
Manually checking the newer 50% people is overwhelming the system now.
Doing all the old lifetime licenses manually - would have resulted in a mega-fail.
Only option was to go 20% across the board.
-W

I wasn't debating them. I was just expressing my opinion. I didn't and don't want to pick a fight. I feel that, as a long time client, I'm at least entitled to say how I feel the situation has been handled. By the way, I checked and I was mistaken, not by a little. I've been a client since 2007... So my license lasted for nine years or so. Not bad but clearly no lifetime. In any case, I said what I thought and I won't come back to the same point.
Cheers.

I bought a product, not a company. I don't care who owns the product, AnyDVD HD, I care about the product I invested my money on. As far as I can tell, RedFox or Slysoft, the product is the same, and some people decided that my lifetime license is not good any more. Am I getting something wrong here? Terrible, TERRIBLE decision, and expensive, ridiculously expensive product for something I already paid. Please reconsider, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Well... I waited a while and today, coming back to check whether anything had been decided, I found out about this. As a lifetime license user I have to say that I'm not happy about receiving the same offer anyone is getting. As a long time client I can't understand the reasoning behind treating me worse than a new client. It's kinda the opposite of what one would expect.

While I understand the desire to have really new lifetime clients being treated well because they might feel robbed, with a lifetime license used for a few months, I think a differentiation would have gone a long way in making lifetime clients not feeling the way I'm feeling now. Say a 30% instead of 20%? The way you are describing this, the fact that I bought a lifetime license which I've gotten nine years out of becomes irrelevant.
I am not happy either, having to purchase new licenses, but it is not the fault of SlySoft/RedFox. Blame the situation on the US government and the DMCA. They forcibly shut down SlySoft.

Iám a long term AnyDVD HD user and NOT happy at all how this is handled by the "Redfox"company....
I concur with Tsigarid here that we bought a product NOT a company so i think it's a bit ridiculous to expect that Lifetime License holders will
immediately go over to buy a new lifetime license for if i may say so a ridiculous price.
I'am thinking of leaving AnyDVD HD and Redfox for what it is and find another way to copy my dvd's.

Thnx but no thanx Fedfox.

If you stop and think for a moment, a lifetime license is only good for the lifetime of the company that produces it.
Slysoft is gone, it's owner is gone, it's money is gone.
The only way the Dev's can keep this thing alive is start from scratch and get paid for it.
Not optimal - but since there's nothing nearly as good as AnyDVD - I'll go for it.
With the 20% discount, a LTL is actually much cheaper than the old Slysoft price.
-W

Last edited:
Everyone must understand THIS was the only viable solution to a VERY BAD situation that affected ALOT of users but IS the ONLY WAY it could CONTINUE development and support cost's money people say they would DONATE but if there's nothing MAKING YOU then over 80% I'd say would NEVER PAY another CENT to help RedFox START-UP & CONTINUE . I look at it like this they are letting both CCD & CDVDM continue to work with old sly license for the foreseeable future (until engine change for mobile, CCD not sure it ever will get one) and they also decided to offer LTL again which if you do a search you can see that's something they DIDN'T want to do period due to a lack of continuous revenue for maintaining infrastructure & development (however alot of sly's $ spent on lawyers fighting for are rights to backup) and because of this very situation, now they are offering a global 20% discount along with a bundle discount if you purchase 2 or more keys on same order and it's stackable with global meaning up to 40% off and if you use bitcoin you get another 10% off added and that's a total of 50% off which I think is pretty damn fair to me considering everything that's gone on since 2/22.
So either support RedFox going forward or don't it's your decision now. I myself would gladly take another 8-9 yrs without having to pay another CENT to RedFox.

_________
I agree with you.
The license for the Redfox product is extremely expensive. And then I wonder - seeing that its "legal framework" and geographic situation is pretty much the same as Slysoft was, I would say one can ask what the chances are of it also being closed down. In the exchange rate context of where I live a license is almost 2 000 bucks. Too expensive, sorry.
Zimbabwean dollars it would be around 40,000, New Taiwan dollars nearly 2,000.
Where I live the exchange rate comes to CDN $130 for a lifetime licence after the 20% discount.
I have lifetime licenses on CloneBD (a freebie as an alpha tester), CloneCD, CloneDVD and CloneDVDMobile. I bought my AnyDVD HD lifetime in November of 2007, so I really got my money's worth out of it.
I am happy to contribute to the RedFox project if it can keep the HD database alive - even if they go out of business eventually. Hopefully my other licences will still be ok.
Upgrading today.

Yeah, no thanks from me too. I bought one lifetime AnyDVD license, I'm not about to fall for the whole lifetime license "trick" again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back