• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Upgrade fee for BD+

per haps a status on progress each week could be a good thing for every body ..

I think we are several that dont want to buy any blu ray disk now until the protection is bypassed ... I have already "fantastic 4" at home and I can read it, so my next buy ( kingdom of heaven, day after tomorrow etc) will wait the time I have a chance to read it :mad:

per haps a status on progress each week could be a good thing for every body ..

How do give a staus report on breaking encryption? :disagree:

Day 1. "Not broken encryption yet"
Day 2. "Not broken encryption yet"
Day 3. "Not broken...
Day 30. "Yay, encryption broken!" :D

Yea, I have to agree. A status report is pretty useless. Just know that they are working on it, it's a top priority for them, and that it'll get done when it gets done unfortunately. Until then, we just have to wait and be patient.

I assumed they had already broken the protection and are holding back on releasing it in order to justify an extra charge for the new BD+ version.

After all if they admitted to breaking it in two days, we wouldn't want to pay extra!

(or am I just too cynical?)

I assumed they had already broken the protection and are holding back on releasing it in order to justify an extra charge for the new BD+ version.

After all if they admitted to breaking it in two days, we wouldn't want to pay extra!

(or am I just too cynical?)

It wouldn't take 2 days to beat BD+. Frankly, I was shocked to read that James felt it could be broken at all, much less in 6 weeks . . .

And if Slysoft had broken it already, you can be assured they would have offered the program.

I could be wrong, but I thought that BD+ first appeared on The Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer, and The Day After Tomorrow, which were released on October 2nd. That was 19 days ago, not 9. All I am saying is let's not put the buggy before the horse here. When and if BD+ is cracked, hopefully when, but who knows. Then I will gladly pay an extra upgrade fee if Slysoft is asking for one. All that the comment means is: Not anytime soon. So, All you can do is wait and see.
Goodluck Slysoft.

First aacs mkbv4 must be cracked. James hoped for 16/10 for transformers but not yet. Then they will start bd+ work next. So look for how late release is for aacs update before thinking of bd+. ;)

Or maybe they're close on BD+ and are holding out for releasing both at the same time. :D

AACS will definately be first, I mean come on-it will be the easier of the two. I am also guessing that many BD discs that are not rippable right now may just be encrypted with the new version of AACS. I say this based on the guess that various studios will have to pay for BD+ and maybe some want to see how it works out for Fox before they invest a ton of money in it. Slysoft has been one of the best pieces of software I have ever owned, and these guys don't dissapoint. I am sure that when it is ready for us, they will let us know. I am just as anxious for all the encryption to go away as everybody else, but obviously we are just going to have to wait.

It wouldn't make sense to have an upgrade to HD-DVD and Blu-Ray and then another upgrade to BD+ since all future titles will eventually have BD+. You misewell just increase the price of the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray upgrade.

I admit I do not know what BD+ is, can some tell what it is. :confused:

I admit I do not know what BD+ is, can some tell what it is. :confused:
BD+ is effectively a small virtual machine embedded in authorized players. It allows content providers to include executable programs on Blu-ray Discs. Such programs can:[48]

* examine the host environment, to see if the player has been tampered with. Every licensed playback device manufacturer must provide the BD+ licensing authority with memory footprints that identify their devices.
* verify that the player's keys have not been changed.
* execute native code, possibly to patch an otherwise insecure system.
* transform the audio and video output. Parts of the content will not be viewable without letting the BD+-program unscramble it.

If a playback device manufacturer finds that its devices have been hacked, it can potentially release BD+-code that detects and circumvents the vulnerability. These programs can then be included in all new content releases.

The specifications of the BD+ virtual machine are only available to licensed device manufacturers. A list of licensed adopters is available from the BD+ website[2].

BD-ROM Mark is a small amount of cryptographical data that is stored physically differently from normal Blu-ray Disc data. Bit-by-bit copies that do not replicate the BD-ROM Mark are impossible to decode. A specially licensed piece of hardware is required to insert the ROM-mark into the media during replication. Through licensing of the special hardware element, the BDA believes that it can eliminate the possibility of mass producing BD-ROMs without authorization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BD+#Digital_rights_management_.28DRM.29

AACS will definately be first, I mean come on-it will be the easier of the two. I am also guessing that many BD discs that are not rippable right now may just be encrypted with the new version of AACS. I say this based on the guess that various studios will have to pay for BD+ and maybe some want to see how it works out for Fox before they invest a ton of money in it. Slysoft has been one of the best pieces of software I have ever owned, and these guys don't dissapoint. I am sure that when it is ready for us, they will let us know. I am just as anxious for all the encryption to go away as everybody else, but obviously we are just going to have to wait.

Yes. Anydvd 6.1.8.6 beta break aacs mkbv4 :D but not bd+ :(

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=8883

You can buy an HDCP compliant video card for a lot cheaper than the cost of AnyDVD, FWIW. I bought an 2400Pro that does HDCP just fine, for less than 50 bucks.
But you won't get a HDCP compliant display for the cost of AnyDVD HD. ;)

Yes. Anydvd 6.1.8.6 beta break aacs mkbv4 but not bd+
And you know this how? The announcement for the new beta doesn't actually mention support for the new aacs.

First aacs mkbv4 must be cracked. James hoped for 16/10 for transformers but not yet. Then they will start bd+ work next. So look for how late release is for aacs update before thinking of bd+. ;)

You hit the nail on the head.

It doesn't (with the exception of "Evan Almighty" HD DVD, US).
Figures - I loaned my Evan out (my buddy wanted to watch the dvd side of it) so I can't try it yet. :(
Edward Scissorhands Blu-Ray is now ripping though - not sure if that was mkbv4 or not. I'll have to see if it plays correctly though (thought I saw a post about issues playing/corrupt color/somesuch after ripping).

EDIT: sorry, Scissorhands plays fine. It was RoboCop that someone posted having issues playing

Last edited:
from AACS homepage:

September 7, 2007 - AACS LA Announces Security Updates

Advanced Access Content System Licensing Administrator, LLC (“AACS LA”) announces that it has taken action to expire AACS encryption keys being used in an illegitimate product made by an unlicensed party to make unauthorized copies of HD DVD and Blu-ray movies. In accomplishing this expiration, AACS LA worked closely with the licensee which manufactured the player from which the AACS keys were extracted.

Consumers can easily continue to enjoy content that is protected by the AACS technology by downloading the latest version of their HD DVD and Blu-ray software players, thereby refreshing the encryption keys associated with those players. Consumers are advised to check with the manufacturer of their AACS-enabled Blu-ray or HD DVD PC-based player to make sure you have installed the latest version. The following manufacturer has provided a link to provide relevant information and facilitate consumer updating of their players:

CyberLink – publishers of PowerDVD products http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/patch/index.jsp

September 7, 2007 – AACS LA Announces Commencement of “Proactive Renewal”

AACS LA announces that it has started periodic “proactive renewals”, which, primarily for software player applications, provide for periodic renewal and refreshing of AACS encryption keys by licensed manufacturers and eventual expiration of old keys by AACS LA. This helps maintain the AACS technology as a vital means of distributing valuable high definition content to consumers. Consumers should expect that updates/patches will be periodically offered by their software manufacturer in order to ensure that the players continue to function as intended. The upgrading of software is a common practice in the software industry. Pursuant to the AACS technology licenses, manufacturers of software players are required to perform such updates in a consumer-friendly fashion.

Makes you wonder if anyone including SlySoft can break this thing...:doh:

Back