• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Upgrade fee for BD+

The useful of AnyDVD is not strictky reserved to "just watch" or "ripping". It does some other useful services. For example it can patch the bluray zone, remove the macrovision from dvd, suppress the advertising when starting the discs. It help me to use a wide range of old VGA monitors...
Securly I will pay for a better AnyDVD.

True, true. I was operating under the assumption that most people purchase AnyDVD for the "other" side of the equation; I may well be wrong in this assumption.

The useful of AnyDVD is not strictky reserved to "just watch" or "ripping". It does some other useful services. For example it can patch the bluray zone, remove the macrovision from dvd, suppress the advertising when starting the discs. It help me to use a wide range of old VGA monitors...
Securly I will pay for a better AnyDVD.

Yes, indeed, I second that. I actually never ripped any DVD/HD-DVD or BR myself ....

However AnyDVDHD is very valuable to me, and even if you have an HDCP compliant equipment, you never know when it starts acting up... I can see that from time to time with my HDCP compliant HD-satellite receiver and changing projectors, just a pain in the rear ....

Fair enough. With as cheap as HDCP video cards are, though, assuming you had/have an HDCP compatible TV, kind of silly to use AnyDVD in lieu of "just watching it" IMHO. Each to their own, though.

Sure I could buy a 2400 but this card is no good for gaming.

Sure I could buy a 2400 but this card is no good for gaming.

Build another machine to watch HD material on :D? Add a 8500GT/8400GS/2400(if ATI) to your current gaming rig (you DO have two PCI-e slots, right ;)?), and use that :D?

Build another machine to watch HD material on :D? Add a 8500GT/8400GS/2400(if ATI) to your current gaming rig (you DO have two PCI-e slots, right ;)?), and use that :D?

My HTPC is in my living room near my LCD-TV. I have to use it for gaming, Internet, music, viewing DVDs, etc. I certainly will not build a 2nd HTPC. One machine for everything.

If the cost is justified, why not? I'm thinking something in range of 15-30 USD max... Anything above that will scare away many...

If the cost is justified, why not? I'm thinking something in range of 15-30 USD max... Anything above that will scare away many...

Let's just see if and when they crack it first. It's been 3 weeks and no word yet.

And according to what I read in the past (can't find that link though) it'll be another 3+ weeks too.

I think it's only been 1 week since James posted about that. I think you're look at (at least) another 5 weeks.

Let's just see if and when they crack it first. It's been 3 weeks and no word yet.

Today is October 21st...

On October 12th James posted:

No. This will most likely take 1-2 weeks more as I saw James post.
BD+ will more likely take 6 weeks.

On Octber 14th James posted:

Slysoft will have BD+ beat within 2 weeks.
Certainly not.

It's been 9 days, people.

7 [days] * ~6 [weeks] = ~42 [days].
~42 [days] - 9 [days] = ~33 [days].

The above math is assuming they work 7 days a week. Their work week might actually be 5 or 6 days so that extends the actual release date by maybe an extra 5 or 6 days making the release maybe ~37 days away.

Of course James never specified whether he meant 6 weeks in terms of actual days or business days. ;)

Patience, people. Patience.

Last edited:
Today is October 21st...

On October 12th James posted:

On Octber 14th James posted:

7 [days] * ~6 [weeks] = ~42 [days].
~42 [days] - 9 [days] = ~33 [days].

The above math is assuming they work 7 days a week. Their work week might actually be 5 or 6 days so that extends the actual release date by maybe an extra 5 or 6 days making the release maybe ~37 days away.

Of course James never specified whether he meant 6 weeks in terms of actual days or business days. ;)

Patience, people. Patience.
Hopefully people don't get too hopeful with exact dates though. This is unlike a normal software release project. There is no real project target date. They could make a break-thru this week, or they may be lucky to crack it my the new year, or at all.

EDIT: but according to James, he's hoping for the Thanksgiving timeframe.

Hopefully people don't get too hopeful with exact dates though. This is unlike a normal software release project. There is no real project target date. They could make a break-thru this week, or they may be lucky to crack it my the new year, or at all.

I fully agree.

I'm looking at what I expect the minimum amount of time for release to be. I wouldn't be shocked at all if it takes longer and I also wouldn't be upset by it. Of course, I am not a person who currently has HD/BD drives/players but for me it's more about Slysoft accomplishing it and doing it the right way and the way that works best. If it takes them 6 months or more that's also fine by me.

At present I see the Industry as a government supported criminal organization extorting people. They abuse their paying customers while saying the paying customers are at fault. In the end I simply want the Industry to realize no matter how much money and effort they waste taking away the Fair Use rights of users they simply can not win.

Speculation is always wrong. It will be released when it is ready to be, that's it. I am sure they are working as hard as possible to give us a great new product, patience is a virtue.:agree:

I fully agree.

I'm looking at what I expect the minimum amount of time for release to be. I wouldn't be shocked at all if it takes longer and I also wouldn't be upset by it. Of course, I am not a person who currently has HD/BD drives/players but for me it's more about Slysoft accomplishing it and doing it the right way and the way that works best. If it takes them 6 months or more that's also fine by me.

At present I see the Industry as a government supported criminal organization extorting people. They abuse their paying customers while saying the paying customers are at fault. In the end I simply want the Industry to realize no matter how much money and effort they waste taking away the Fair Use rights of users they simply can not win.

AMEN!!! :clap:

Well after you invest 50 for Anydvd plus another 30 for the HD and now would be another 30 on top of that is a bit pricey.I do believe that Slysoft should be compensated for as much work as it is going to take to crack BD+ but i believe a 15 dollar fee is fair to Slysoft and the members here who support them and their products.At the least they could offer paying members a upgrade fee of 15 which im sure most people wouldnt even question.If they would have keep the fee for BD + instead of HD that would be a different story but i hope Slysoft doesnt try to take advantage of the members.Not trying to cause trouble just state my opinion and then again it was only mentioned by James so we will have to see what actually happens.Just seems like 30 here and there is adding up fast and with them always updating protections where is it going to end!

Last edited:
It wouldn't make sense to have an upgrade to HD-DVD and Blu-Ray and then another upgrade to BD+ since all future titles will eventually have BD+. You misewell just increase the price of the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray upgrade.

I could be wrong, but I thought that BD+ first appeared on The Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer, and The Day After Tomorrow, which were released on October 2nd. That was 19 days ago, not 9. All I am saying is let's not put the buggy before the horse here. When and if BD+ is cracked, hopefully when, but who knows. Then I will gladly pay an extra upgrade fee if Slysoft is asking for one. All that the comment
BD+ will more likely take six weeks.
means is: Not anytime soon. So, All you can do is wait and see.
Goodluck Slysoft.

Last edited:
Look, when a developer tells you something will take XXX hours/days/weeks/etc, you need to understand that most of the time they're pulling that number right out of their @$$. :) Trust me...I do it all the time at work. :D It's just a guesstimate. What James was trying to say was that "we hope" and "this is harder than we thought it might be". They'll crack it, you can be sure of that. When is anyone's guess, including Slysoft's. We will need to be patient. They will release a new version that handles it when it's ready. Just don't take estimated timeframes as "we have 42 days, 6 hours, and 22 minutes left until their self imposed deadline is up and after that they've broken a solemn promise to have it out by when THEY SAID they would." Please...give me a break. That's like saying MS can put out an OS on time. :) I trust Slysoft's estimates FAR more than MS, but, it's still just a guess.

Back