Upgrade fee for BD+

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by kissel01, Oct 18, 2007.

1. kissel01

kissel01 Member

I would contribute $15 for a BD+ update, as SlySoft deserves it. They are the company that has a team of developers that can actually write software for this media. Forget Cyberlink, Intervideo, NERO, and Arcsoft. Even the hardware developers like Samsung and LG cannot get it right when this new copy protection sh*t is launched. I am so sick of the movie industry trying to prevent piracy. STAND ALONE media will always be vunerable to copy, as well as it being our constitutional right to back up all media purchased.

2. kdssrugby

kdssrugby Well-Known Member

I agree, I would pay also for such a service.

3. hotdog453

hotdog453 Well-Known Member

While I would pay it, due to a lack of other options, we do have to remember that these guys are a company, in this to make money. I <3 them, I love their work, I'd give them all a reach around if I ever met them, but let's not pretend they're doing this for jollies.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Suddenly, I'm glad I don't work for Slysoft.

5. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Come on Webslinger you know you want a " HUG ".:D:D

6. hotdog453

Most awkward hug of your life.

7. kdssrugby

Wow, I didn t know how progressive Slysoft really was!

8. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

Not that there's anything wrong with hugging another man.. (in friendship, of course)....

:)

9. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

10. talon95

talon95 Well-Known Member

I'll go the 15 bucks, but not anything else! :disagree:

11. kdssrugby

LOL! Nice one Charlie.

12. Charlie

So much tension we all needed a good laugh.

13. kdssrugby

And maybe a hug?
    But seriously, about BD+.
    Would it be a standalone app, or an upgrade?

14. Charlie

It's a coin toss on the company it will be either an update or an upgrade.

15. Rathbone80

Rathbone80 Well-Known Member

If they charge for BD+ I will return my key or sell it. Bought this software, cause it was advertised with free updates for lifetime. This includes BD+ and new Master Keys. What's the use of a NOT CHEAP software when after only a year it doesn't play new titles? If I have to pay 95 bucks in total, I can buy a HDCP compliant graphics card and do not have to wait for updates. :mad:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  16. hotdog453

You can buy an HDCP compliant video card for a lot cheaper than the cost of AnyDVD, FWIW. I bought an 2400Pro that does HDCP just fine, for less than 50 bucks.

But where's the fun in NOT ripping titles to the HDD ;)?

17. Rathbone80

Rathbone80 Well-Known Member

Have never ripped any DVD, HD-DVD or Bluray in my entire life. I simply like originals, not copies or rental rips.

18. hotdog453

Fair enough. With as cheap as HDCP video cards are, though, assuming you had/have an HDCP compatible TV, kind of silly to use AnyDVD in lieu of "just watching it" IMHO. Each to their own, though.

19. Dekyon

Dekyon Well-Known Member

The useful of AnyDVD is not strictky reserved to "just watch" or "ripping". It does some other useful services. For example it can patch the bluray zone, remove the macrovision from dvd, suppress the advertising when starting the discs. It help me to use a wide range of old VGA monitors...
    Securly I will pay for a better AnyDVD.

20. eraser2002

eraser2002 Member

I too would gladly pay the extra fee if they can break the BD+ protection :bowdown: