• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Upgrade fee for BD+

kissel01

I would contribute $15 for a BD+ update, as SlySoft deserves it. They are the company that has a team of developers that can actually write software for this media. Forget Cyberlink, Intervideo, NERO, and Arcsoft. Even the hardware developers like Samsung and LG cannot get it right when this new copy protection sh*t is launched. I am so sick of the movie industry trying to prevent piracy. STAND ALONE media will always be vunerable to copy, as well as it being our constitutional right to back up all media purchased.

While I would pay it, due to a lack of other options, we do have to remember that these guys are a company, in this to make money. I <3 them, I love their work, I'd give them all a reach around if I ever met them, but let's not pretend they're doing this for jollies.

Not that there's anything wrong with hugging another man.. (in friendship, of course)....

:)

bushtommyhf7.jpg

:D:D

And maybe a hug?
But seriously, about BD+.
Would it be a standalone app, or an upgrade?

It's a coin toss on the company it will be either an update or an upgrade.

If they charge for BD+ I will return my key or sell it. Bought this software, cause it was advertised with free updates for lifetime. This includes BD+ and new Master Keys. What's the use of a NOT CHEAP software when after only a year it doesn't play new titles? If I have to pay 95 bucks in total, I can buy a HDCP compliant graphics card and do not have to wait for updates. :mad:

Last edited:
You can buy an HDCP compliant video card for a lot cheaper than the cost of AnyDVD, FWIW. I bought an 2400Pro that does HDCP just fine, for less than 50 bucks.

But where's the fun in NOT ripping titles to the HDD ;)?

You can buy an HDCP compliant video card for a lot cheaper than the cost of AnyDVD, FWIW. I bought an 2400Pro that does HDCP just fine, for less than 50 bucks.

But where's the fun in NOT ripping titles to the HDD ;)?

Have never ripped any DVD, HD-DVD or Bluray in my entire life. I simply like originals, not copies or rental rips.

Fair enough. With as cheap as HDCP video cards are, though, assuming you had/have an HDCP compatible TV, kind of silly to use AnyDVD in lieu of "just watching it" IMHO. Each to their own, though.

The useful of AnyDVD is not strictky reserved to "just watch" or "ripping". It does some other useful services. For example it can patch the bluray zone, remove the macrovision from dvd, suppress the advertising when starting the discs. It help me to use a wide range of old VGA monitors...
Securly I will pay for a better AnyDVD.

Back