updates

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by showchef, Sep 7, 2007.

1. showchef

showchef Member

Question:

why does it show on updates for anydvd as 6.1.7.0, yes someone linked me an update for 6.1.7.1...why am i not seeing updates as they do??

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

The latest version is 6.1.7.2

It's not on Slysoft's website yet, officially. It has been released as a beta version. Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7502

3. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

More proof as to why I do not like how Slysoft releases betas. They need to be mentioned on the website.

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Well-Known Member

I agree.:agree: It seems logical to me that if it were posted on their official website as a beta, those "daring" souls that wanted to aid in the testing of the "improvements and additions" could do so more easily. Then some of us would no longer need to periodically remind "others" that the "beta" is not the latest offical release....:D

5. DetroitBaseball

Exactly. Because most people cannot find beta releases since only a handful of AnyDVD users regularly come on this forum.

6. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Maybe a friendly email to those registered users informing them of a beta if they choose to try it?

7. DetroitBaseball

At the very least.

8. Charlie

I would think if they email on updates it wouldn't be hard to do the same on betas but it's not my call either. Just a suggestion.

9. DetroitBaseball

Yeah, they could do it.

10. Webslinger

*sigh* :D

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=49439&postcount=7

11. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

While I respect your opinion I must disagree. As I've said before Slysoft has very stable beta releases but they are betas nonetheless. Releasing them to people who do read the forums results in better feedback to Slysoft. It also means less updating to the webpage. Honestly, while it seems so simple to update a webpage look how slow many companies are when it actually comes to doing it. Even though the betas end up showing up on sites like BetaNews the forums are the best place and all I can say about people not reading the forums is shame on them.

12. DetroitBaseball

When the beta updates contain very important fixes like for a big release like Blades of Glory, more people need access to it than just people on this forum.

13. Charlie

14. Webslinger

I was just posting that to remind people what happened.

15. DetroitBaseball

But they will have that fixed right so they can start sending the emails out?

16. Charlie

I done forgot again....:doh::D OK I had my fun I'll quit while I'm ahead.

17. bilbo65

I don't ever remember getting an email notification of a "beta" AnyDVD release...:confused:

I take it that 6.1.7.1 was not originally intended to be a beta, but....

18. DetroitBaseball

I don't either.

19. Charlie

Yes it was a quick fix for those hounding for an update to be able to copy Blades of Glory. :D

20. bilbo65

Yes, that was much ado about very little....