• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

updated software

Onk sorry for not resonding but I must have screwed something up as,my computer crashed hard and I had to reinstall xp.here is the current filter check as I am afraud to do anythig as I might srew up again.Be gentle I am just above N00B staus here.

----------------------------------------------------
Filter Driver Load Order http://www.bustrace.com

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Device Object: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D
Lower Class Filter: AFS2K
Lower Class Filter: ANYDVD
Lower Class Filter: ELBYDELAY
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Driver Name: redbook.sys
File Location: c:\windows\system32\drivers
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) [5.1.2600.2180]
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180 [5.1.2600.2180]
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation

Driver Name: afs2k.sys
File Description: Audio File System
File Version: 3.1.21.1103 [3.1.21.0]
Product Name: AFS
Product Version: 3.1.21.2(1103) [3.1.21.0]
Company Name: Oak Technology Inc.

Driver Name: anydvd.sys
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
File Version: 6.1.5.5 [6.1.5.5]
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.1.5.5 [6.1.5.5]
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.

Driver Name: elbydelay.sys
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG

Driver Name: imapi.sys
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
File Version: 5.1.2600.2714 (xpsp.050705-1524) [5.1.2600.2714]
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2714 [5.1.2600.2714]
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation

Onk sorry for not resonding but I must have screwed something up as,my computer crashed hard and I had to reinstall xp.here is the current filter check as I am afraud to do anythig as I might srew up again.Be gentle I am just above N00B staus here.

Filter Driver Load Order http://www.bustrace.com

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Device Object: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D
Lower Class Filter: AFS2K
Lower Class Filter: ANYDVD
Lower Class Filter: ELBYDELAY
Lower Device Filter: imapi

<snip>

Alright, your filters look fine now. Now try burning a DVD. Does the problem still exist?

And ugh @ the crash and re-install but as much of a pain as it may be it did a far better job of removing Roxio related software than an uninstall. At least now you are starting with a clean slate. Not fun, I know, but it can make a huge difference. :)

Yes It still caused the error.

1. Use Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore) and not the phillips junk you are using, especially if you're not going to answer question 6 properly. And the Phillips stuff you are using is, in all likelihood, pure junk (unless you, by luck, managed to get MKM 001).

Ensure you're changing to the booktype to "dvd-rom".

2. use a 4x write speed

3. One of the first things to die on burners is the capacity to write to DL properly. Test your burner in another system.

4. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine.

5. Try this method instead

Last edited:
This burner is 3 months old.I noticed that there is a anydvd update.I will install that and try again.

answers to question 6
Philips dvd+r duel layer
region 1 Canada
info from inner hub CPDR85F-CDEWIPFOA1216

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R-DL:CMC MAG-D04-000]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R DL] - [DVD+R DL]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [D04]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [4,173,824 Sectors = 8.55 GB (7.96 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x , 3.3x-8x]
[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

The other media I have is this one memorex dvd+r dl made in taiwan

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R-DL:RITEK-D01-001]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R DL] - [DVD+R DL]
Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [RITEK]
Media Type ID : [D01]
Product Revision : [001]
Blank Disc Capacity : [4,173,824 Sectors = 8.55 GB (7.96 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x]
[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------That is the best I could do.I hope this is what you were asking for.

is the best I could do.I hope this is what you were asking for.

Yes. Unfortunately, the blank media you're using is vastly inferior to Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore), especially that Memorex (Ritek) junk.

Bad quality blank media can vary in results from disc to disc, even within the same spindle. With good blank media you can play "find the bad blank" game. With inferior quality blank media you get to play "find the blank that works" game. And even when inferior blank media does work, you can play the "will my backups still play after 6 months (or even after two years)" game.

Hmm, I just read that you might be located in Canada. If so, my sources tell me Futureshop in Canada has a decent sale on Verbatim +R DL right now. Perhaps you should go visit a local chain.

Last edited:
Pioneer dvd-rw dvr-11d, setupclone dvd 2908 slysoft,+R DL,Phillips DVD +R
Double Layer 12x write speed
. I check on the forum and I flashed my drive
from version 1.23 to1.29 and reinstalled both clone dvd version 2908 and any dvd version 6155
I reduced the write speed from max to 12x .Running windows xp sp2 ,any movie region 1 Canada/i have tried dejavu,catch and release,,last King of Scotland all fails write dvd 10 11 w2 and still no help the only thing I have not tried yet is the media.I do not beleive this is it as have burned many
movies with this media and no problems.

I have checked and you seem to have the latest firmware for a Pioneer 111D. It is a good burner. Your media however is not. And are you really trying to write a +R DL at 12x? I wouldn't even want to write a Verbatim at 12x. At best for a Phillips or Memorex +R DL would be 4x write. There is still no guarantee that your standalone player will like it and it probably won't be able to be played in 6 months.

As Weblinger has said, get some Verbatim +R DL and burn at 4x and try it.

Ok I will get the verbatium.But what i don't understand is that I have burned over 30 movies with the phillips dvd over the past months and no problem all of a sudden I am making coasters like crazy seems like something else might be wrong .I will get the other disks and try.

Ok I will get the verbatium.But what i don't understand is that I have burned over 30 movies with the phillips dvd over the past months and no problem all of a sudden I am making coasters like crazy seems like something else might be wrong .I will get the other disks and try.

You could be right. On the other hand, I would expect issues with the blank media you have been using.

Why not try this method while you're at it?

At best for a Phillips...would be 4x write. There is still no guarantee that your standalone player will like it and it probably won't be able to be played in 6 months.
the very first dvd+r's i got were philips own brand and that was over 3 years ago-and they play as good now as they did when i recorded them.i bought 20 cos they were cheap and on offer (20 was the limit per household cos of the price).
i've moved onto,if you like,better brands such as verbatim and datawrite.
(i'm not sure what you lot think of datawrite but i haven't had a single coaster from them).

I have always used the latest anydvd.I load anydvd.Then I put in dvd I want to burn .Then I open clonedvd2 latest version,choose clone dvd.find dvdfrom drop down,next audio subtitle next,then go.When movie is finnished writing to HD it tells me to insert media ,I insert blank dvd and write to the blank .dvd finnishes.Out pops my movie.Is there something I am doing wrong because I am sure I have done 100 movies with this technique.

the very first dvd+r's i got were philips own brand and that was over 3 years ago-and they play as good now as they did when i recorded them.i bought 20 cos they were cheap and on offer (20 was the limit per household cos of the price).
i've moved onto,if you like,better brands such as verbatim and datawrite.
(i'm not sure what you lot think of datawrite but i haven't had a single coaster from them).

But I believe I was talking about a +R DL which is what the OP said they were using. I can't say good or bad about a Phillips +/- R single layer, I have no personal knowledge of them. I wouldn't want to use anything but Verbatim +R DL and generally no more than 4-6x, not 12x that the OP said they were trying.

I have always used the latest anydvd.I load anydvd.Then I put in dvd I want to burn .Then I open clonedvd2 latest version,choose clone dvd.find dvdfrom drop down,next audio subtitle next,then go.When movie is finnished writing to HD it tells me to insert media ,I insert blank dvd and write to the blank .dvd finnishes.Out pops my movie.Is there something I am doing wrong because I am sure I have done 100 movies with this technique.

The 100 movies you have done in the past, were they single layer +/- R discs or double layer +R DL discs? Did you make a change from single layer to double layer media and now have been having a problem? You said in a prior post you were writing at 12x, which would indicate a single layer disc. There are different strategies in making a back-up of a single layer than a double layer and the settings in CloneDVD are different as well. You wouldn't need to remove any audio or subtitles with a double layer. I am a little confused by the references to +R DL but seem to be using single layer media.

I started using single layer found I could not get good quality from the single then switched to duel and burned many movies(50 at least) with the duel layer I am exclusive to duel layer now,as I get 100% while writing.

I finnaly got the verbatim dvd and guess what it worked .I also reduced the speed of writing to 2-4x .Thanks for the help .

Back