• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Update to v6.8.8.10 or newer] The Help

honest1

Anyone tried The Help yet? Same issue with The Hangover Part II, loads and reads, but blacked out screen on CloneDVD.

Any assistance and rectifications would be appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.8.9_Info_E_TH1-0N-NW1.1_DES.zip
    163 KB · Views: 17
Anyone tried The Help yet? Same issue with The Hangover Part II, loads and reads, but blacked out screen on CloneDVD.

Any assistance and rectifications would be appreciated.

Looks pretty good, but you can try to "always enable" the AI scanner for this disc.

I had no problems with this disk.

-W

Super

Thanks for that news. This is why I'm beginning to think it's his machine.

Thanks for that news. This is why I'm beginning to think it's his machine.

It's not the user's machine. I have the rental version of The Help from Redbox. Regardless of the A.I. Scanner being set to Automatic or Always Enabled the main movie title is listed and the length is given but it won't play a preview. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean the disc cannot be ripped. I'm just saying that the description of the problem is accurate.

This is with v6.8.8.9 beta and CloneDVD 2.9.3.0.

OK, then it's different

If that's so then I stand corrected and it is different from the version used by the successful poster above and in the other thread. hmmmm :confused:

It's not the user's machine. I have the rental version of The Help from Redbox. Regardless of the A.I. Scanner being set to Automatic or Always Enabled the main movie title is listed and the length is given but it won't play a preview. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean the disc cannot be ripped. I'm just saying that the description of the problem is accurate.

OK this is strange.
I also have The Help from Redbox - I could process it directly with DVDShrink with AnyDVD in the background. No rip needed.

So it might be a CloneDVD issue.

Drinky - Try Shrink and report back what you got?

-W

PS: In both full disk and re-author mode - the Main Movie plays in the preview pane in Shrink. (No structural protection found either)

Last edited:

Thanks a lot for corroborating my issues, that's exactly what's happening to today's hot releases, the title is listed, but no preview! That's odd as hell.

I wonder if I'll have issues backing up a copy without a preview being played on screen?

Thanks for anymore input y'all.

I wonder if I'll have issues backing up a copy without a preview being played on screen?

TRY it?

Full disk or Main Movie only?

All those titles from the same studio?

-W

and again...

1. Does this disc P L A Y on your PC?

and

2. If you "rip video..." does this content P L A Y from the hard drive?

And if it pixels, etc. can you please tell us 1 or 2 or for both.

OK this is strange.
I also have The Help from Redbox - I could process it directly with DVDShrink with AnyDVD in the background. No rip needed.

So it might be a CloneDVD issue.
Drinky - Try Shrink and report back what you got?

-W

You aren't duplicating the situation, Clams. Notice what the user is actually reporting. There is no preview in CloneDVD. You aren't using CloneDVD, are you?

You aren't duplicating the situation, Clams. Notice what the user is actually reporting. There is no preview in CloneDVD. You aren't using CloneDVD, are you?

True. Do you have any of his other 3 titles to test?

-W

Here it goes gentlemen, I'll try to back up these titles without Preview screen being active.

The problem is anydvd6889. works okay with 6887, picture is pixilated with power dvd and does not preview with clonedvd2930. I tried to post logfile but windows 7 will not let me copy and paste to forum.

1. Does this disc P L A Y on your PC?

No. TMT5 and PowerDVD 11 both fail to play from the DVD drive with AnyDVD running regardless of the A.I. Scanner setting. TMT5 freezes and PowerDVD 11 displays black, bright green, and then some scrambled video at some point.

2. If you "rip video..." does this content P L A Y from the hard drive?

No, it won't play. It can be copied to the HDD without any errors occurring but it isn't playable.

And if it pixels, etc. can you please tell us 1 or 2 or for both.

attachment.php

PS: This isn't a codec issue on my system.

Attachments

• The Help.jpg
    The Help.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 31
PS: The Preview screen in DVD Shrink is all green. No viewable video when the disc is analyzed.

Back