• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Update to v6.8.5.12 beta or newer] Is THOR unrippable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can i check with my nero?

i wanna check the disc but dont really know what im doing , i have nero 10 and it has some tools on it , cam anybody help

Can't help with that, I won't have that bloatware on my systems, but the VSO software is easy to use

Using Nero CD-DVD Speed, Nero DiscSpeed, and/or VSO Inspector is a waste of time with regard to any disc that makes use of structural protections. The people who reported having no problems backing up Thor haven't provided a full set of log files but we have seen the status window (refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=321440&postcount=13) and it clearly indicates that stuctural protections were present. Therefore using any of these programs to verify the disc is completely useless. Without AnyDVD running, yes, there will be read errors because of the structural protection. With AnyDVD running, yes, there will be read errors if the disc is bad. There could also be read errors if AnyDVD didn't properly handle a disc or it's possible that there wouldn't be read errors if AnyDVD didn't handle a disc perfectly. See why doing the test is meaningless? With older DVDs that didn't make use of structural protections it was a simple yes or no situation. It doesn't work like that anymore.

Last edited:
thank you. why do some people have to be so standoffish? it will be cracked and all will be well again with the world. I have never seen a deffective brand new disc and I suspect I never will.

I thought structural protection was to do with the file system and not the physical surface of the disc which the VSO software can apparently check.

And I've seen loads of defective new discs and expect to continue seeing them when they're farmed out to the lowest bidder

after reading other posts in the anydvd forums, I see they are having the same problem with region 1 and region 2 discs, so if all around the world the disc can't be backed up, do you still say it's a bad disc? are all the thor discs in the world bad?

thank you. why do some people have to be so standoffish? it will be cracked and all will be well again with the world.

Or if the problem is a bad disc then Slysoft has nothing to fix.

I have never seen a deffective brand new disc

Consider yourself lucky. I have on more than one occassion. In one case I had to return the same DVD release to the store 10 times before I received a copy that wasn't defective.

and I suspect I never will.

Statistically speaking you'll wind up with one sooner or later. Just because you don't believe bad discs are manufactured and sold doesn't mean you are right. You aren't.

I have to agree

With frankk on this one , they could all be bad but whats the odds? And where do i find this software to check this disc? And why is it bloatware , willing to learn here.lol

As they are most likely all made in the same factory, then yes it's quite probable that they could be defective

after reading other posts in the anydvd forums, I see they are having the same problem with region 1 and region 2 discs, so if all around the world the disc can't be backed up, do you still say it's a bad disc? are all the thor discs in the world bad?

If there was a flaw in the master or a serious screw-up in pressing the disc during manufacturing it's conceivable that the amount of bad discs could be enormous.

As for all the discs in the world being bad. No. We have already gone through the fact that some people are reporting no issue at all. That would mean that not all the discs are bad.

Compare the status window from a disc that could be copied:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.8.5.8)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7190S 1.71 2007/10/08 13:11
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2011824 sectors (3929 MBytes)
Total size: 3933040 sectors (7681 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THOR
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

To one that a person is having a problem with:

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.8.5.8)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7190A 1.72 2007/09/03 17:43
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2011824 sectors (3929 MBytes)
Total size: 3933040 sectors (7681 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THOR
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 17 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

The same regions, same size and sectors of sectors for both layer one and layer two of the disc, same total size, and both using the same version of AnyDVD. These are, IMO, the same disc.

Last edited:
With frankk on this one , they could all be bad but whats the odds? And where do i find this software to check this disc? And why is it bloatware , willing to learn here.lol

All of the people here who "don't believe in bad batches of disks" have under 50 post count - as a general rule.

Hang around here a while and you'll see it.

-W

Problem With Thor (R1) 6.8.5.9 (Beta)

I have included the log file for review....

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.9_Info_E_THOR.zip
    316.9 KB · Views: 0
These are, IMO, the same disc.

Then why does the one that worked have 2 bad sector protections, and the one that failed have 17?

Log files from discs that worked need to be posted so they can be compared to ones that don't work. If people aren't willing to provide log files from the working discs, then confusion reigns.

I have included the log file for review....

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.9_Info_E_THOR.zip
    316.9 KB · Views: 22
Found & removed 17 potential bad sector protections!

As determined by other topics (if you had read them), that much bad sectors indicates a defective disc. Exchange it

I did indeed read them....I've been doing this long enough to try several discs before posting a new thread. This is disc #5 and I'm getting the same error on all of my computers (8) which usually indicates a new copyright protection.

Now, considering discs are created in various factories....is it possible that some discs may have gotten the new protection whereas others didn't? Not necessarily a bad batch of discs but discs from the same source? This particular source produced the discs with the new protection? I'm merely saying this because the last time I posted a file it was at first believed that there were a bad batch of discs....then it was corrected on some discs...but there were two different protections for the same disc.....

first of all, the number of posts means nothing. second, I'm not saying that a bad disc is not possible, beacuase of course it is. what's annoying is that everytime a disc comes out that isn't cracked, you guys cry bad disc production, and everytime you're wrong. slysoft cracks it a day or 2 later. and to say that all discs are deffective is just kinda lazy. there is a new protection and just because it isn't cracked yet doesn't mean all the discs are deffective.
it's the boy who cried wolf all over again, and it's getting lame.

when New Moon came out, you guys were crying bad disc....next day slysoft fixed it
same with Transformers 2
same with Precious...and so on

all were protections, as we will surely find out that this one is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back