• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Update to v6.8.5.12 beta or newer] Is THOR unrippable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
THOR error report

my condition is same as badmojorayman,mine Region 3

Error1:
=stops at 3% after "Repairing defective DVD structure" and give me an error of: PS 10 VOBU 4 133878 16 Clone 6=

Error2: (when i used CloneDVD2)
VTS_17_0.IFO can not read it,please confirm it is exist.

Last edited:
So what option are you using to rip?

As Frank has already stated this appears to be most likely a production defect, So best thing to do is to return it and get it replaced as others have already done this and ended up with working discs.

Last edited:
and again and again .....

How often can we make this information public? :bang:

Here are some quotes from a forum for a product that also processes DVDs:

There is a batch of bad pressed disc. You can check with nero speed cd or VSO inspector

Also if you have one of the many bad pressing that have been released then all bets are off.

It seems that there is a bad production run of this movie.
Some are so bad you can see ripples in the disc.

And here in our Forum there are posts from successful READs and others reporting success after exchanging. One shop reported 16 bad copies before finding that worked. And other users have also reported visual defects on the DVD.

There are reports reaching us that a little manual work can get a copy off this one.

Using CloneDVD one can select only the "main movie", discard all cells w/ 0:00 and it should produce a backup only without menus.
Further, be sure to do this w/o menu and only Title 09. At least this is the feedback I've seen so far showing a workaround.

Another pilgrim to Support reports success this way: "I got it to work with new beta and only copy title selecting 01 and 03."

Last edited:
Thor .....headache even with 6.8.5.9 download

Sad to say I am another of many with the same problem re; THOR.
I get nothing but "try again " messages after a long scanning time.

Thor what is he good for......?

same deal here , i have gotten to point i need to know which of the many movie files is the real one on here , and i have exchanged everyone in store and have the same problem

Is this shoot first, then ask questions?

I realize this one is difficult but is anyone READING the thread before adding yet another "no go" post?

Please take a look at #20 on the previous page. ;)

got it almost all the way thru , everything but last five minutes

broke it down to the titles and tried a couple of different ones and closiest one was title 2 , got all but last 5 minutes of movie, i think it is a protection thingbecause it one has different parts but cant find the one that is whole?

I also don't buy the bad disc excuse, there have been many dvds that have gone to 99% then failed, they were all protections. here's my log file, I can't even open the disc with clone.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.9_Info_E_THOR.zip
    326.1 KB · Views: 1
You don't have to buy it, but as some people have reported getting their discs exchanged and it then working for them it would appear that that is the case.
Did you try the suggestions that Frank quoted and check the disc using nero speed cd or vso inspector?

I can't try copying title 9 as I can't even open the disc, as for the other tests suggested, I don't have those programs. But I am willing to bet that it is a protection, and will be solved by slysoft

Not if they don't consider it to be anything other than bad pressings as there's nothing to fix.
BTW VSO inspector is free to download

so far I've been at this for a few years and everytime someone claims it's a bad pressing the crack comes out the next day. I'm just not buying the bad pressing anymore

Well that's your choice, but it would be very easy just to download the VSO software and get it to check your media, but I suppose it's easier just to sit there and keep ignoring others experience that they've had success with replacement discs.

oh it'll be figured out

it might be just that , these guys have helped too many times to not find out a way to get past this , and i have used franks suggestion and got all but the last five so i know its possible

But if it's a physical defect on the disc there's nothing they can do to fix that. Easiest thing would be to run the VSO software and if it detects faults get the disc replaced until you get a copy that is defect free

I havn't seen enough LOGFILES to determine for sure if there is not two versions of this title.

-W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back