• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Update to v6.8.5.12 beta or newer] Is THOR unrippable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.8.5.8)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7190S 1.71 2007/10/08 13:11
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1 

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2011824 sectors (3929 MBytes)
Total size: 3933040 sectors (7681 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THOR
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Please create and post the ZIP file containing the logs:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

It should be noted that Slysoft Support has received a number of contacts regarding problems with Thor. The problem has been resolved for some of the people by returning the DVD and getting a replacement. It would appear that there may have been a large-scale bad pressing of this movie release. Nonetheless, I would like to see log files from someone who was able to copy this DVD without running into a problem.

thor

unable to decrypt thor log file attached

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.0_Info_D_THOR.zip
    647.7 KB · Views: 12
I don't think it is a problem with the dvd's.It's a problem with new protection or a twist in an old one.I've seen that before and slysoft team will resolve the problem.
Those that say they ripped the dvd ,i just don't believe them

problems w thor v6.8.5.8

:bang:
error w thor....

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.8_Info_H_THOR.zip
    316.7 KB · Views: 13
Still betting on the disc....

Several reports have reached us that this disc is (as suspected) very likely a bad production release.

If one "no-go" exchanges the disc and has success then AnyDVD is out of the loop.

This is not the first DVD that came out with a batch totally hosed. Shades of Christmas Carol 2010, and others.

There are reasons to believe that this may be a pre-release issue.

Last edited:
Mixed feedback...

Reports are coming back that this is indeed a bad pressing.

I got a PM from a customer with exactly this scenario and he came dancing home with an exchange and it worked. He's happy. So are we.

6.8.5.9 beta log file

THOR R1 USA ISBN 1-4157-5978-2

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.9_Info_F_THOR.zip
    331.4 KB · Views: 5
It's circumstances

I don't think it is a problem with the dvd's.It's a problem with new protection or a twist in an old one.I've seen that before and slysoft team will resolve the problem.
Those that say they ripped the dvd ,i just don't believe them

See above: post #12

I don't think he typed that all in by hand and seeing is believing.

BTW: this is not the first to tell us it was a bad disc and the exchange worked.

It's circumstances

6.8.5.9 beta log file

THOR R1 USA ISBN 1-4157-5978-2

See above: post #12

I don't think he typed that all in by hand and seeing is believing.

BTW: this is not the first to tell us it was a bad disc and the exchange worked.

Note that all the failures show 17 bad sector protections.
The DVD that worked only showed 2.

Actually the anydvd screen is real.It take time for anydvd to read the dvd because a lot of dummi vts sectors .I've got the same one, but when you open clonedvd it shows o lot of vts with the movie ,totalling 36 gb when the dvd is ripped.
To back it up i should choose the working vts(with the real movie)(73),and i had to back it up whitout menus.This is a new protection ,and you will realize that when you get the dvd.
If you choose a wrong one you will get wrong dvd structure ,meaning credits in the middle of the movie and so on.
Thanks a lot

Actually the anydvd screen is real.It take time for anydvd to read the dvd because a lot of dummi vts sectors .I've got the same one, but when you open clonedvd it shows o lot of vts with the movie ,totalling 36 gb when the dvd is ripped.
To back it up i should choose the working vts(with the real movie)(73),and i had to back it up whitout menus.This is a new protection ,and you will realize that when you get the dvd.
If you choose a wrong one you will get wrong dvd structure ,meaning credits in the middle of the movie and so on.
Thanks a lot

Where's your logfile? ;)

Could the two rogue files in the VIDEO_TS have anything to do with it?

(They are hidden files with names consisting of a bunch of special characters.)

I have the American (region 1, right?) disc, and haven't had any luck. There are two hidden files within the VIDEO_TS folder which have special character filenames. I would reproduce them here, but I'm having trouble with it. Can anyone else post a screen grab, or am I mistaken in thinking these files might be causing the trouble?

Not likely a mystery file

am I mistaken in thinking these files might be causing the trouble?

The log file? where is it?

First, left click the AnyDVD tray icon.

Is the number of "bad sectors" shown > 17?

If so then make sure your DVD drive region is NOT "0" and set it to "1".

Then try that again. The typical bad sector count for this defective DVD is 17.
The bad sector count for a good DVD is 2.

This is a likely a production problem as numerous reports indicate that numerous exchanges were required.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=49496&page=2

Just in: reviewing other sites doing DVD processing: There are other products reporting this very same thing, by the way: badly produced discs / some even have discolorations under the surface, etc.

Last edited:
Not likely a mystery file

Could the two rogue files in the VIDEO_TS have anything to do with it?

(They are hidden files with names consisting of a bunch of special characters.)

Entering the same thing in two threads is not helpful and how many times can I repeat this information...

This is a likely a production problem as numerous reports indicate that numerous exchanges were required.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=49496&page=2

Just in: reviewing other sites doing DVD processing: There are other products reporting this very same thing, by the way: badly produced discs / some even have discolorations under the surface, etc.

And I won't mention where I found this information but we are not the only onese reporting this as a production error.

when i tried to copy the movie is mixed up

the 2 first chapter repeats twice.. in the begining and in the middle of the movie
im using clone dvd is showing me 8 titles with the whole movie ???
idont know what to do

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.8.5.9)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S243N SB00 0915
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2011824 sectors (3929 MBytes)
Total size: 3933040 sectors (7681 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THOR
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 17 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Here you go. Mine stops at 3% after "Repairing defective DVD structure" and give me an error of: PS 10 VOBU 4 133878 16 Clone 6

BTW your attachments button is probably the best kept secret of your forum. Spent a long time trying to figure out where it was.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.5.9_Info_E_THOR.zip
    319.2 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back