• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Update to NVIDIA Forceware 190.62] AnyDvd Autostart box

bigbadj

I am having difficulty in keeping the Autostart box checked. It will remain checked and allow the tray icon to appear. Upon a reboot, the tray icon will not appear and I find the Autostart box unchecked. However, if I click on the desktop icon the program will operate and the tray icon will reappear. If I go to reboot, the tray icon will once again disappear and the Autostart box will showto be unchecked.

To alleviate the problem, I have inserted a shortcut in the start up folder. I would prefer to get the program to operate as intended. This problem started with installation of version AnyDvd 6.5.7.1. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall with no success. I have also tried to go down to lower versions. The problem now happens with any version I use. Does anyone have any suggestions other than using the start up folder?
Thank you!

Wow, I have no clue about this. I can't reproduce it.

If you run msconfig (start-->run-->msconfig), and click the "startup" tab, is Anydvd listed? If so, is it checked?

Are you running any sort of registry monitoring programs?

What OS are you using? 64 bit? Service pack?

AnyDvd Autostart box

I am running Widows XP Pro with service pack 3 and all updates. I have run msconfig and it shows the box checked for Startup program. In other words the box checked is in Startup Not AnyDvd If I remove the shortcut from the start up program and reboot NO LINE for AnyDvd shows. If I start the program by clicking on the desktop icon.......the tray icon appears.If I now run msconfig, the AnyDvd line appears and is checked. If I reboot, no tray icon and no line in the msconfig start up programs. Go figure!
I am not running any registry preservation program. Thanks for any help!

I am running Widows XP Pro with service pack 3 and all updates. I have run msconfig and it shows the box checked for Startup program.

That's normal--and that's the way things should be. The other stuff you mentioned is pretty weird.

If you have Zonealarm on your system, ensure Anydvd is being given permission to access the trusted zone. Similarly if you have a firewall, antivirus or spyware program--ensure it's not blocking Anydvd from running.

If you have System Mechanic, System Mechanic Pro, or any kind of registry monitoring program, please ensure
these programs are allowing Anydvd's installation program to modify your registry--as those programs can block
Anydvd from installing properly.

linx05 says Teatimer enabled on Spybot can cause problems during installation: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=36804&postcount=5

1. Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

I am having the exact same problem with the last release also under Win XP Pro SP3 and this is new. Did not happen with previous releases and do not have a registry monitoring software. So I would think that is a bug in this release and hopefully will be corrected in the next one. I have been using AnyDVD since 2003 and this also seems an XP specific problem as it does not happen with Vista.

Last edited:
I am having the exact same problem with the last release also under Win XP Pro SP3 and this is new. Did not happen with previous releases and do not have a registry monitoring software. So I would think that is a bug in this release and hopefully will be corrected in the next one. I have been using AnyDVD since 2003 and this also seems an XP specific problem as it does not happen with Vista.

I just tried to reproduce this on three separate computers (I dual boot XP 32 bit Pro SP3), and I can't. Works fine for me under XP.

What antivirus program and you using, and what spyware removal software are you using? What security software are you using?

Do you have Spybot's teatimer installed?

The thing is that if this were a universal bug for everyone using XP, there would be a lot more than two people complaining about it (and a few regulars would have sent me PMs by now).

In fact, I'm typing in XP right now. I installed Anydvd 6.5.7.1. Worked fine. I rebooted. Still works fine.

I use Norton Internet Security 2008 (also on the Vista machine) no other spyware removal or security program. No spybot teatimer (whatever that is...). And as said is strange. I have been using AnyDVD since 2003. This is the first update I see this.

Please let me know if I can provide you with any additional information.

Hmmm . . .

Try giving this a shot:

1. Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

c) Reboot
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
k) Disable your antivirus/security again
l) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
m) Now reboot again. Any problems with Anydvd loading?
n) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs (if they aren't running or aren't enabled). Reboot again. Any problems? Anything different this time?

James, the main developer of Anydvd, suspects the problem may be related to security software.

But I can't reproduce this problem at all in XP; I'm not sure what's going on.

Thank you but well that is too much trouble for something I can fix by putting a shortcut in the startup folder and wait for next update... I was basically curious... and thanks for your help and time!

Thank you but well that is too much trouble for something I can fix by putting a shortcut in the startup folder and wait for next update... I was basically curious... and thanks for your help and time!

I and many others are using XP Pro SP3 and had no trouble with 6.5.7.1. It almost sounds like you have Advanced WindowsCare or some registry program (Registry Defense, RegCure, etc) that allows you to control start-up programs. I do not know if that functionality is built into Norton.

nope do not have Advanced WindowsCare or any of those you list. And Nope Norton does not have that functionality. It is not that it does not start.

I cannot set autostart and make it stick. Either by right click on the icon or in the setup.

nope do not have Advanced WindowsCare or any of those you list. And Nope Norton does not have that functionality. It is not that it does not start.

I cannot set autostart and make it stick. Either by right click on the icon or in the setup.

Then all I can say is something on your system is causing the problem as it works fine for everyone except you and one other person that we know of. It is not an AnyDVD problem. Those programs mentioned earlier and CCleaner, End-it-All (and many others) all have options that allow you to control what programs can auto-start.

Webslinger,
I have found the problem with MY system. I use a Nvidia video card. Prior to updating to driver version 190.38 I was using driver version 186.18. Until I updated the Nvidia driver my system was operating fine. No problems with AnyDvd holding its settings.

When I updated to Nvidia drivers 190.38 AnyDvd would not allow me to check the Autostart box. I returned my system back, prior to loading the new Nvidia driver, using Norton Ghost; the system operated correctly and I was able to manipulate AnyDvd check boxes however I wanted too.

It appears to me the "new" Nvidia driver (190.38) is conflicting with the memory space AnyDVD driver wishes to occupy.

Anyway, the problem is fixed for me. I will just use the older Nvidia driver (186.18).

Thank you!

It appears to me the "new" Nvidia driver (190.38) is conflicting with the memory space AnyDVD driver wishes to occupy.

Unhhh, I'll have to check my girlfriend's system. She uses a Nvidia card and has Vista 64 bit Ultimate SP2 and XP 32 bit Pro SP3 installed. I'll check her system out in about an hour.

No. I just tested. And I rebooted her system three times. Anydvd works fine with that Nvidia driver version under XP SP3.

The common demonitor here for you two experiencing this problem is Norton software.

HA HA I also updated about the same time to the Nvidia driver 190.38. Sooo that could be the culprit. OK will revert and see what happens.

HA HA I also updated about the same to the Nvidia driver 190.38. Sooo that could be the culprit.

If it were, I would have been able to reproduce the issue. Someone else just tested for me as well on two systems. No issues with that Nvidia driver and Anydvd under XP SP3 on three different computers

This would be a far more useful test:

c) Reboot
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
k) Disable your antivirus/security again
l) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
m) Now reboot again. Any problems with Anydvd loading?
n) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs (if they aren't running or aren't enabled). Reboot again. Any problems? Anything different this time?

I strongly suspect the problem is related to Norton.

Last edited:
I returned my system back, prior to loading the new Nvidia driver, using Norton Ghost; the system operated correctly and I was able to manipulate AnyDvd check boxes however I wanted too.

If you reverted, then possibly your virus definitions and other security software modules reverted as well. This seems a far more likely scenario for looking at the root cause.

nope nope bigbadj (hat off to you) is right I did not as he did revert the whole system. I only rolled back the nvidia driver to version 178.24 and guess what? It works! So.. there is your problem there.

nope nope bigbadj (hat off to you) is right I did not as he did revert the whole system. I only rolled back the nvidia driver to version 178.24 and guess what? It works! So.. there is your problem there.

Again, if that were the problem everyone would be able to reproduce the issue. I can't reproduce the problem, and no one I know can. The Nvidia driver, in of itself, isn't causing problems with Anydvd for me.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_190.38_whql.html works for me.

Last edited:
Back