• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Update to AnyDVD 6.6.9.1 beta or newer] Iron man 2 DVD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the log file, i hope i did this right

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.9.1_Info_E_IRON_MAN_2_D1.zip
    367.8 KB · Views: 2
doesn't work for me ... Heres my log

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.9.1_Info_E_IRON_MAN_2_D1.zip
    367.8 KB · Views: 1
I have 2 computers, I tried with 2 versions of AnyDVD to copy Iron man II, first it took a very long time to scan disc and this is what the status said
media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1815088 sectors (3545 MBytes)
Total size: 3629456 sectors (7088 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: IRON_MAN_2_D1
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 15 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
then I used 1click pro to rip and burn, which it did with no error messages, I tried to play the disc and it went through 1 1/2 previews then returned to first one again, no menu was available, then I tried the anydvd vip to disc and it went to 99% then it started over to arrange the files in the proper order, but it never completed and gave an error message. I tried the same procedures on 2nd computer and until I updated to 6.6.9.0 it just kept scanning (a little over 30 minutes) but I still ended up with the same results as the other computer. I tried the movie only choice and it went through ok but when played it had no sound, so I went back and tried to use custom choice and added all the audio tracks and I still got a disc with no sound . . . I made 7 attempts with no luck, but today I watched the movie and gave it to a friend to watch... this was worse coping than any of the SAW movies

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.9.0_Info_E_IRON_MAN_2_D1.zip
    529.4 KB · Views: 3
then I used 1click pro to rip and burn, which it did with no error messages, I tried to play the disc and it went through 1 1/2 previews then returned to first one again, no menu was available, then I tried the anydvd vip to disc and it went to 99% then it started over to arrange the files in the proper order, but it never completed and gave an error message. I tried the same procedures on 2nd computer and until I updated to 6.6.9.0 it just kept scanning (a little over 30 minutes) but I still ended up with the same results as the other computer. I tried the movie only choice and it went through ok but when played it had no sound, so I went back and tried to use custom choice and added all the audio tracks and I still got a disc with no sound . . . I made 7 attempts with no luck, but today I watched the movie and gave it to a friend to watch... this was worse coping than any of the SAW movies

Your logs are from v6.6.9.0. Did you try v6.6.9.1 beta? Based upon this post the problem is resolved.

Last edited:
Possible fix to Iron Man II

I have 2 computers, I tried with 2 versions of AnyDVD to copy Iron man II, first it took a very long time to scan disc and this is what the status said
media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1815088 sectors (3545 MBytes)
Total size: 3629456 sectors (7088 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: IRON_MAN_2_D1
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 15 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
Heya, think I had a similar issue... DVD Shrink gave an I/O error, wouldn't analyse it at all. Tried AnyDVD's rip to hard drive feature, it gets 99% then gives errors... SOOO, I tried creating an image file, then mounted the said ISO file with virtual clone drive and then DVD shrink was able to do its thing!! Hope this helps!!

Heya, think I had a similar issue... DVD Shrink gave an I/O error, wouldn't analyse it at all. Tried AnyDVD's rip to hard drive feature, it gets 99% then gives errors... SOOO, I tried creating an image file, then mounted the said ISO file with virtual clone drive and then DVD shrink was able to do its thing!! Hope this helps!!

Right but v6.6.9.1 beta has the fix for Iron Man 2 and Dee_ni_al was using v6.6.9.0 so the process was doomed to fail from the beginning. With that being said, when dealing with discs containing heavy structural protection such as Iron Man 2 the AnyDVD ripper should be used first and then DVD Shrink. There should be no issues using DVD Shrink after you've first ripped Iron Man 2 to your HDD using the AnyDVD ripper that is part of AnyDVD 6.6.9.1 beta.

I have now merged all the threads concerning Iron Man 2 into one single large thread. All reported issues were when people used AnyDVD 6.6.9.0 or an earlier release. AnyDVD 6.6.9.1 beta should resolve the issues with this disc and at least one person has confirmed that it does.

Everyone should update to AnyDVD 6.6.9.1 beta if they are having issues with this disc and absolutely no one should still be reporting issues with older versions of AnyDVD. I am closing this thread. People experiencing issues using AnyDVD 6.6.9.1 beta can then deal with those problems in a new thread to troubleshoot it as per normal forum procedure.

Refer here for AnyDVD 6.6.9.1 beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=43370.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back