• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unplayable file after copy completes, with auto-creation of cbdlog files

Joseph Meler

Dear Sirs:

I have had no problems with CloneBD output until today. (Using version 1.2.2.0). I was attempting to copy Stargate - 15th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray disc, but the two attempts I have made have both resulted in 27GB unplayable files. Please note that there were no error notifications while the copying was ongoing. Furthermore, there are CBDLog files that appear after the copying completes. I have not seen this behavior before (auto-creation of the log files}, so I assume they are indications that the copying process had severe problems.

I would like to look into the files to see what the issue(s) are, but have no idea how to do so. Would you please post instructions on how I can open these log files?

I will upload the two files created, but I would like to know what went wrong with the copy process. Thank you for your assistance.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.2.0.STARGATE.cbdlog
    628.6 KB · Views: 4
  • CloneBD.1.2.2.0.Stargate - 15th Anniversary Edition.cbdlog
    602.4 KB · Views: 0
Dear Sirs:

I have had no problems with CloneBD output until today. (Using version 1.2.2.0). I was attempting to copy Stargate - 15th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray disc, but the two attempts I have made have both resulted in 27GB unplayable files. Please note that there were no error notifications while the copying was ongoing. Furthermore, there are CBDLog files that appear after the copying completes. I have not seen this behavior before (auto-creation of the log files}, so I assume they are indications that the copying process had severe problems.

I would like to look into the files to see what the issue(s) are, but have no idea how to do so. Would you please post instructions on how I can open these log files?

I will upload the two files created, but I would like to know what went wrong with the copy process. Thank you for your assistance.

Hello, you can extract / open the log files with 7z.
Since a certsin version log files are created automatically for all tasks.
There is a CloneBD 1.2.2.1 available in the forum in case you want to try that verdion.
The log file indicates that you copied the videos uncompressed into MKV.
How do you play them?
Maybe @Reto from Elby can have a look at the log files.

Dear tectpro:

First, thank you very much for looking at my post, and for your reply. Here is an update:

(1) I use VLC to play the .mkv files created by CloneBD.
(2) I have looked at the program update logs, and now understand that creation of the log files is automatic (unless it is turned off). Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
(3) I rolled the program back to version 1.1.9.0, and attempted to copy the same disc again. This time, the .mkv file is playable by VLC immediately. (This is the version of the installation files I had prior to ver 1.2.2.0).
(4) I had saved the two "non-working" .mkv files created by the 1.2.2.0, so I loaded them into VLC, but this time attempted to play the last 2 minutes of the files. They played at this point. I 'scrubbed' backwards, and was then able to play the files from the beginning. However, when I load these files into VLC anf hit 'play,' the files open, the VLC timeline shows the media is 'progressing,' but the screen is blank.

My feeling is the new version of the CloneBD may be doing something slightly different at the start of the .mkv file, for which my version of VLC [ver 2.1.5 Rincewind] has problems. I am still using that VLC version because it has some audio features that were removed in later version. I do not know yet whether this effect is limited to just that Blu-Ray disc [Stargate 15th Anniversary Edition], or whether it is more pervasive. In any case, I _CAN_ play the files created, but I need to 'help' VLC by having it start playing the file somewhere other than the beginning. If I uncover other anomalous behavior with other Blu-Ray titles, I will update this post.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Back