• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unlucky SlySoft Purchasers (50% discount / free 1y license)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ivan @Jill Anderson can you look into this coupon issue. As far as your bank telling it would work, that's something beyond RedFox's control. Your bank is screwing up, not redfox. Yes mastercard has worked for a while, but at the moment there's technical difficulties with the mastercard system. That's why the MC logo isn't present on the form and your card is rejected. (you can't select visa as a method and use an MC card and expect it to work. 2 different card issuers, 2 different systems.)

@Ivan @Jill Anderson can you look into this coupon issue. As far as your bank telling it would work, that's something beyond RedFox's control. Your bank is screwing up, not redfox. Yes mastercard has worked for a while, but at the moment there's technical difficulties with the mastercard system. That's why the MC logo isn't present on the form and your card is rejected. (you can't select visa as a method and use an MC card and expect it to work. 2 different card issuers, 2 different systems.)
Thanks for your help on this. I know it's my bank's fault, but it's still extremely frustrating. I wish redfox could activate my coupon code until the purchase clears or unlimitedly for a week or something and I promise not to use it more than once. I just want to make a single purchase!

That's why i tagged Jill and Ivan ;) If anyone can look into this it's them. Or you could update your support ticket. Don't worry, the system will see if the coupon has actually been used in combination with a succesfull payment :)

That's why i tagged Jill and Ivan ;) If anyone can look into this it's them. Or you could update your support ticket. Don't worry, the system will see if the coupon has actually been used in combination with a succesfull payment :)
Thanks! I'd also be happy to send a check. Or a plate of cookies and a check. Whatever it takes.

Dear Guybrush, we have found your order attempts and your support ticket and we replied already. I personally would love the plate and cookies and come down your chimney with the license key, but I might not fit. Since you say "whatever it takes", we recommend you look into Bitcoin. It takes a bit, but you will get an extra 10% off as well. https://redfox.bz/bitcoin.html

Dear Guybrush, we have found your order attempts and your support ticket and we replied already. I personally would love the plate and cookies and come down your chimney with the license key, but I might not fit. Since you say "whatever it takes", we recommend you look into Bitcoin. It takes a bit, but you will get an extra 10% off as well. https://redfox.bz/bitcoin.html
Jill, thanks for handling this and resetting my coupon code so many times :) I'd be happy to bring cookies by next time I'm in Belize (although you're probably not physically based there, but still it's a great scuba destination - been there twice.)

I've not dealt in bitcoins before, but am willing to try. I went through the order process to step 3 just to see what info it would need from me to pay by bitcoin, and it didn't ask for a wallet number or anything. I haven't set up bitcoin yet, but I don't get how it works if it doesn't ask for my info. Can anyone else that has paid with bitcoin enlighten my noob understanding of this?

Jill, thanks for handling this and resetting my coupon code so many times :) I'd be happy to bring cookies by next time I'm in Belize (although you're probably not physically based there, but still it's a great scuba destination - been there twice.)

I've not dealt in bitcoins before, but am willing to try. I went through the order process to step 3 just to see what info it would need from me to pay by bitcoin, and it didn't ask for a wallet number or anything. I haven't set up bitcoin yet, but I don't get how it works if it doesn't ask for my info. Can anyone else that has paid with bitcoin enlighten my noob understanding of this?
If you need any help with Bitcoin, there are good guides right on here on the site, and once you realize how easy it is, you will be amazed. You can even buy the amount you need with Paypal on Coinbase. The whole thing takes 5 minutes https://www.coinbase.com/?locale=en

Success! Bitcoin worked. Thanks everyone for your help! But it did take a couple days because coinbase limits you to $40 of credit card purchases a day, which is pretty lame. Oh well, my HTPC is back in business!

Bitcoin is the best option. 5 minutes of your time and the license can be downloaded immediately.

It would have been nice for this to have been more widely advertised as it stands I'm unlikely to buy a copy as I got royally screwed by slysoft and I'm less than enthused by the prospect of paying again for something that I already paid for. And yes, I do realize that this is a different company, but getting less than one year out of a lifetime subscription without any reason to believe that the new company won't fold is asking a bit much.

But at 50% off, I might well have bought in on it.

You would have gotten a 50% discount, and it was on site for months. If you didn't visit the site, how could they have given more notice? So many members crawling out of the woodwork, so to speak.

It was very widely advertised. The discount lasted for months and was reported on the same multiple sites that wrote articles about the shutdown of slysoft and rise of redfox.

It was very widely advertised. The discount lasted for months and was reported on the same multiple sites that wrote articles about the shutdown of slysoft and rise of redfox.
No, it wasn't widely advertised, I received precisely zero emails about this and there's no point in me coming to the site at all as they discontinued providing any sort of updates to previous. The only reason I came here at all today was to see if there was some sort of a deal. Since there wasn't and isn't, I won't be giving them any of my money.

Regardless of whom the responsible party is here, I have no reason to trust a bunch of former Slysoft employees to do a better job of providing what they sold than slysoft did. $130 is a lot of money to spend on only 6 months worth of updates. Seeing that they offered so much to some of the people that got screwed over is downright offensive. Those folks could mostly go to their credit card issuers and receive chargebacks. Those of us that bought a bit earlier got royally screwed.

Slysoft ended, not redfox. 'these guys' HAVE issues proper discounts. Going from 20% off to 50% off or a free 1y license. It's not their fault you missed it. The offer was up for 2 months.

Why would anybody come to the site after they announced that updates were coming to an end? I paid $130 for about 6 months worth of updates, a complete lack of any discount is just an F-U to the customers. You know the customers that paid to develop the software that they're now selling.

I won't be buying a copy now or ever in the future from these guys because of the way they chose to handle it. The whole think stinks to high heaven and I"m not really interested in paying for something a second time without even the courtesy of being offered a proper discount. Yes, this is technically a different company, but the ties are tight and my money did go to fund development of the product that they're now selling.
If you want to complain on here, that is your right.

However, you didn't bother to check on the changeover (Google is your friend) that happened from the time the AACS and MPAA caused Slysoft to go out of business, and then the former workers had to pick up the pieces and start over. That also meant that the new RedFox Project does not have access to the old e-mail account/payment/money. The old Owner of Slysoft took all the money/hardware that Slysoft had accumulated, and ran with it.

Development costs money, for another thing. Do you think that the people keeping the software up to date is doing it for free?? You can't eat code, you can't pay bills with code. The former Owner of Slysoft signed over the rights to the software to the people that are currently keeping the software afloat.

You signed up for this site on February 25th, after the notice that Slysoft was shut down, and you have all of 13 posts. Since then, RedFox resurrected AnyDVD, and they had to create a system to keep the software current. Hence, the new licenses. If you don't want to purchase the new software, that is your right. But, with all the changes that were going on, it was up to you to keep up, not RedFox, because like I said earlier, the new RedFox Project doesn't have the e-mail delivery system that the old Slysoft had.

Your choice to not buy the new license, but to blame the people that brought the software back when it could've died back when you signed up for this Forum, is a bit much.

:confused:

@enziosilvio Please stop spamming every possible forum section with incorrect language and full caps messages. This is the english language section and only english language is accepted. If you have a problem, you're welcome to post it but in the correct language and the correct section. Thank you.

If you want to complain on here, that is your right.

However, you didn't bother to check on the changeover (Google is your friend) that happened from the time the AACS and MPAA caused Slysoft to go out of business, and then the former workers had to pick up the pieces and start over. That also meant that the new RedFox Project does not have access to the old e-mail account/payment/money. The old Owner of Slysoft took all the money/hardware that Slysoft had accumulated, and ran with it.

Development costs money, for another thing. Do you think that the people keeping the software up to date is doing it for free?? You can't eat code, you can't pay bills with code. The former Owner of Slysoft signed over the rights to the software to the people that are currently keeping the software afloat.

You signed up for this site on February 25th, after the notice that Slysoft was shut down, and you have all of 13 posts. Since then, RedFox resurrected AnyDVD, and they had to create a system to keep the software current. Hence, the new licenses. If you don't want to purchase the new software, that is your right. But, with all the changes that were going on, it was up to you to keep up, not RedFox, because like I said earlier, the new RedFox Project doesn't have the e-mail delivery system that the old Slysoft had.

Your choice to not buy the new license, but to blame the people that brought the software back when it could've died back when you signed up for this Forum, is a bit much.

:confused:

Why should I give them any money? I have absolutely no reason to believe that this is going to end any differently. If they had extended a proper offer, I might have considered it, but due to their greed, they get nothing.

I was one of the people that paid for the development of the product that they're now selling. I spent more on my copy than it was worth and I don't think that telling me to fuck off is really the right approach. I can't possibly be the only one that sees the risk here and the complete lack of professionalism in the handling of this and decided not to risk it. The software itself is on rather questionable ground to begin with and I'm not about to risk such a huge sum of money for people that clearly don't want my money. Especially after their coworkers treated me nicely the first time.

I don't think that's asking too much.

I'm out of here, I really don't much care what the mods do to the account, but I'm astonished by the arrogance of how they handled it.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, they have had what you call it "a proper offer". Depending on the situation there was 20%, 50% off or a 1 year free license. Secondly, if you want to complain, do it to the MPAA/AACS-LA they're the one that ultimately shut slysoft down and caused all this to happen. "Questionable ground", well ANY tool that operates in the sector that anydvd does is on "questionable grounds" as you call it. There's an inherit danger to this sector for any tool, they're all under constant risk. Lack of professionalism? How about the years of legal battle slysoft did to postpone the shutdown. It could have happened years ago. Don't want your money? Visa and bitcoin have worked since the start, MC is giving a little difficulty. "Co-workers fucked...", they didn't. The CEO of slysoft shut things down overnight and took all the cash with him, the developers or support staff arent the ones to blame here. Oh and watch the language please, "fucked" here, "fuck" there. We don't want that kind of language here. Unfounded accusations towards the staff... Please do the proper research before you go blame people that arent at fault.

As far as your account goes, aint nothing going to happen to it. Oh and how would you have us handle "it"? Whatever "IT" is, mods are unpaid volunteers. We do NOT work for redfox, nor do we get paid in any way for our time and assistance here on the forums. Now, if you're going to leave...don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Why should I give them any money? I have absolutely no reason to believe that this is going to end any differently. If they had extended a proper offer, I might have considered it, but due to their greed, they get nothing.

I was one of the people that paid for the development of the product that they're now selling. I spent more on my copy than it was worth and I don't think that telling me to fuck off is really the right approach. I can't possibly be the only one that sees the risk here and the complete lack of professionalism in the handling of this and decided not to risk it. The software itself is on rather questionable ground to begin with and I'm not about to risk such a huge sum of money for people that clearly don't want my money. Especially after their coworkers fucked me the first time.

I don't think that's asking too much.

I'm out of here, I really don't much care what the mods do to the account, but I'm astonished by the arrogance of how they handled it.
Since you didn't even bother to look up the evidence that has been out there, have a nice life.

:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back