• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

United States Price

MCharlie

I have waited for over 2 years for you guys to come out with a good BD copier..and you finally have. KUDOS!

Seriously, not trying to be an ass here...but...$100.00 US (give or take) for the lifetime update version? What with streaming and lower than ever BD movie prices, (And no 3D copying yet) as well as fewer and fewer DVD rental sites, and when one does find them, the copies they have are sound stripped, etc., I question whether or not that $100.00 +-, is worthwhile?

Don't get me wrong..I *DO* know there are lots of costs in developing and beta testing software, so I am *NOT* belittling SlyFox, et.al. for their price point.

So , please edumacate me as to the reasons why I should purchase Clone BD.

Respectfully...

MC

Uh, what does renting have to do with the price of CloneDB. Making a copy of a rental is against the law. I do not think this board is about pirating Blu-Ray discs. And as for the price of a lifetime license, it IS a lifetime license. How would you like for someone to pay you a one time fee of less than 100. dollars on January 1, 2015 and have them expect for you to work for them the rest of Your life?

Isn't that what we are talking about? They are going to continue developing this program for the UNFORESEEABLE future and you are quibbling on 100. dollars. Personally I think the price is FAIR. True it has problems now, but when its done.....It will be the best and I STILL will not be paying them any more money. Now, I am not trying to be a jerk, but lets put things in perspective here. Every one likes to eat, and purchase a new car every now and again its the same for Slysoft and Elby programmers I expect. We can either purchase the program or not, they are a for profit business and THANK GOODNESS for that or we would be forever looking at more of the same hodge podge cobbled together solutions the free market offers us now. Download this, go download that and when you are finished go over here and get this fee burner its pretty good and if something goes wrong it must be the free program you downloaded that does not work with our interface.

Sorry for the rant, but I am tired of folks expecting something for less. Its like a yard sale, it does not matter what price one has on the item, everyone EXPECTS it for less.

diverj

Uh, what does renting have to do with the price of CloneDB. Making a copy of a rental is against the law. I do not think this board is about pirating Blu-Ray discs.

I think this has been hashed enough that we need not make moral judgements here. I think the MODs would agree to disagree one should stay out of this unless they have the powers that be...and it is called "Fair Use"....

And as for the price of a lifetime license, it IS a lifetime license. How would you like for someone to pay you a one time fee of less than 100. dollars on January 1, 2015 and have them expect for you to work for them the rest of Your life?

The price is the price set and I see it as a fair price even though I already have the other programs before hand. This is called not all will buy LTL some will buy a subscription bases on their needs. So not everyone will get LTL.

Isn't that what we are talking about? They are going to continue developing this program for the UNFORESEEABLE future and you are quibbling on 100. dollars. Personally I think the price is FAIR. True it has problems now, but when its done.....It will be the best and I STILL will not be paying them any more money. Now, I am not trying to be a jerk, but lets put things in perspective here. Every one likes to eat, and purchase a new car every now and again its the same for Slysoft and Elby programmers I expect. We can either purchase the program or not, they are a for profit business and THANK GOODNESS for that or we would be forever looking at more of the same hodge podge cobbled together solutions the free market offers us now. Download this, go download that and when you are finished go over here and get this fee burner its pretty good and if something goes wrong it must be the free program you downloaded that does not work with our interface.

Sorry for the rant, but I am tired of folks expecting something for less. Its like a yard sale, it does not matter what price one has on the item, everyone EXPECTS it for less.

diverj

Yes, everyone expects it for less but that how everyone thinks but those that buy the LTL knows where they are getting - a superb program - to compliment their other Slysoft programs they have now. Everyone complains about price that is human nature. This is a open forum and everyone is free to express their concerns and rants in accordance with the Rules of this Forum as long as they do this everyone is entitled to their view points and opinion within the Forum Rules. As with anything you want a quality program you pay for it. Yes LTL does cost more but then again I can sacrifice for it and pain me but all my other Slysoft are LTL as well so I did spend a pretty penny for them along the way. But as anything on here. "IMO"

Gentle readers...

First, let's be honest here...ok, think reasonably...Why does someone need a BD copier? Remote reasons..1, I made a BD Disk with all my family pics on it and I want to make 20 copies to send to all my relatives. Excellent reason, however....If I have a BD R/W device in my computer, and I have 2000 or images on my computer, why do I need a copier, of any kind, to put thos images on a disk?
2. I want to rip a BD movie to put on my laptop so when I fly back to see Aunt Martha, I can watch my own movie on the airplane. Great reason...but, for 6 bucks, US, I can download the movie from Amazon and put it on my laptop, or tablet or smartphone.

3. The unmentionable...copying a rented movie..gawd forbid any of us do that..If we don't, why did we buy Clone DVD, and why do we see messages saying things like, I can't copy the movie "Joe does Slyfox", yadda yadda yadda. Gimme a break folks..number one reason for this program (And Clone DVD) is making copies of copyrighted material.

Gang...I buy all the movies i want to keep in my library. I stream nothing. When I bought Clone DVD, there were no means of buying a movie over the internet....I put a lot of movies on my laptop for when I travel or camp. Clone DVD allowed me to copy those movies ***I OWNED*** to the laptop.

Clone BD gives us the option of doing the exact same thing..

But...

When I buy a movie, it almost aways give me the tools or disks to make a digital copy, or I can download a digital copy of the Amazon movie I just purchased, to watch now, so I don't have to wait the 2 days for prime delivery of the movie.

So...I ask this again..not withstanding the developmental cost of the software, is $100.00 for the product with lifetime upgrades, a good investment, considering the availabilty of inexpensive copies of movies and TV shows?

(BTW, I am NOT, nor will I ever, advocate piracy. Heh..I would be cutting my own throat..I wrote one of the more successful Amiga games years ago...I still receive royalties from sales in Europe, where the Amiga still lives and breathes!)

MC

Price unrealistic

I have been using Slysoft products for many years and am a very happy customer. Recently I also tried out Colone-BD, and I must say it works well and is very easy to use … pretty much “idiot-proof”, I would say. Well done indeed. However, I do think the price might be a little steep and I wonder if you would perhaps consider dropping it by staying under the typical $49.99 mark for this class of programs.

My reason for this is because there are free programs out there that do exactly what Clone-BD does, and even better in some respect. The two programs I have in mind are Handbrake 0.10 from https://handbrake.fr/ and also the far less powerful Video Converter from http://www.freemake.com. Both programs work great for converting Blu-Ray video, which is what people mostly do, so they can play videos from a HDD that is hooked up to their TV.

Of course Handbrake is a little less user friendly and is pretty much in a class of its own because it is so versatile and powerful. But nevertheless, it is free. For me the bottom line is this: If the lifetime version of Clone-BD would go to USD 49.99 or lower, I would probably purchase the program – not because I need it, but simply because I like it. But above that threshold, I’d just stick with Handbrake or the other one I mentioned.

Read my post, then you will understand why the price is way too high. There are programs out there that are more powerful than Clone-BD and that are absolutely free! If Slysoft develops something new then they have to consider the competition in their pricing strategy. Of course they have the right to charge whatever they want. ... The could even charge $500, and I'm sure there are some idiots out there who would even pay that much. Are they entitled to be reimbursed for their labor? Of course they are, but if their product is not priced competitively then it will loose. The point is that your price has to be reasonable in comparison to what is already on the market.

Uh, what does renting have to do with the price of CloneDB. Making a copy of a rental is against the law. I do not think this board is about pirating Blu-Ray discs. And as for the price of a lifetime license, it IS a lifetime license. How would you like for someone to pay you a one time fee of less than 100. dollars on January 1, 2015 and have them expect for you to work for them the rest of Your life?

diverj

Too many $$

Hmm. my post is not appearing, so now I will try to attach it as a reply to this one ... see if that works.

I have been using SlySoft products for many years and am a very happy customer. Recently I also tried out yourColone-BD, and I must say it works well and is very easy to use … pretty much “idiot-proof”, I would say. Well done indeed. However, I do think the price might be a little steep and I wonder if you would perhaps consider dropping it by staying under the typical $49.99 mark for this class of programs.

My reason for this is because there are free programs out there that do exactly what Clone-BD does, and even better in some respect. The two programs I have in mind are Handbrake 0.10 from https://handbrake.fr/ and also the far less powerful Video Converter from http://www.freemake.com. Both programs work great for converting Blu-Ray video, which is what people mostly do, so they can play videos from a HDD that is hooked up to their TV.

Of course Handbrake is a little less user friendly and is pretty much in a class of its own because it is so versatile and powerful. But nevertheless, it is free. For me the bottom line is this: If the lifetime version of Clone-BD would go to USD 49.99 or lower, I would probably purchase the program – not because I need it, but simply because I like it. But above that threshold, I’d just stick with Handbrake or the other one I mentioned.

diverj

Price lol, well compare CloneBD lifetime license price vs dvdfab bluray copy lifetime license. Now who's expensive? Dvdcrap is charging $179 for that module, almost twice the CloneBD price.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Work in Progress and Early Adopters

This program has potential, but is really an early work in progress with incomplete functionality. Perhaps early adopters should be offered a 50% rather than 20% "discount". These adopters will spend lots of time experimenting and produce "coasters" for a while.

check out https://handbrake.fr/ ... it's free and 10x more powerful than CloneBD.
Price lol, well compare CloneBD lifetime license price vs dvdfab bluray copy lifetime license. Now who's expensive? Dvdcrap is charging $179 for that module, almost twice the CloneBD price.

Gentle Readers..

This the Clone BD group, and as such, the thread is not about other company's copying software. My original post here, before it was hijacked, was questioning the value of the software, or perhaps, I should have had the topic read, "What need, anymore, is there, for a Blu-Ray copying program.

Let's continue to address that, and not tout other company's copying software products.

Respectfully,

MC

Sorry, MC, but I disagree. The topic of this thread is "United States Price", so I think it is very fitting to discuss CloneBD's price in comparison to other products on the market. As many people use Blu-Ray copying software to put their collection on a HDD or media server in their home, I think it is prudent to compare CloneBD to that of others like Handbrake or FreeMake.com - especially in the area of pricing. You yourself started this thread off by questioning the cost of the software, and rightly so. But if you don't want to talk about cost then this thread should indeed not have been labeled "United States Price"

Gentle Readers..

This the Clone BD group, and as such, the thread is not about other company's copying software. My original post here, before it was hijacked, was questioning the value of the software, or perhaps, I should have had the topic read, "What need, anymore, is there, for a Blu-Ray copying program.

Let's continue to address that, and not tout other company's copying software products.

Respectfully,

MC

Last edited:
Read my post, then you will understand why the price is way too high. There are programs out there that are more powerful than Clone-BD and that are absolutely free! If Slysoft develops something new then they have to consider the competition in their pricing strategy.

This is a baseless comparison to make to start with. Put this way paid program will always receive more support then free...and they will update or upgrade it at their leisure not when the consumer reports problems.

Of course they have the right to charge whatever they want. ... The could even charge $500, and I'm sure there are some idiots out there who would even pay that much. Are they entitled to be reimbursed for their labor? Of course they are, but if their product is not priced competitively then it will loose. The point is that your price has to be reasonable in comparison to what is already on the market.

Really charge more then 500$ then I got land I can sell you in Siberia for 5,000,000 then any takers. There product for the most part is what other competitors tout they can compare to so where your getting your figure I am not sure. Remember Slysoft or Elybyte came out with CloneCD and that was way before anyone else can up with a program that could backup your DVD movies before DVD protection were part of the DVD movies. Their prices are expensive yes but you get a quality software and I paid to use it and if another doesn't like paying the reasonable price they set then don't buy it-I am not loosing sleep over it. I atleast have a software that will protect my DVD/BD investments for years to come and that make the price they charge worth it. But then again this is my opinion since using CloneCD when it came out.

I have to agree with this for the price we pay for it and the LTL license I bought most if not many of Slysoft software from CloneCD, CloneDVD, CloneDVDmobile, Anydvd HD and now CloneBD all LTL. That a big investment but I took the challenge and so far haven't looked back. You can figure all those software probably spent ~300$ for all of them might be more but don't recall right hand but for the money those software are worth it Anydvd HD by itself - most other competitor software needs it to work for their program. So that should tell one how valuable that software is DVDfab or makemkv or their likes couldn't do this without Anydvd HD so one should take a forethought to this if those programs are so powerful why does it need Anydvd HD to work??? Food for thought.....

Last edited:
. So that should tell one how valuable that software is DVDfab or makemkv or their likes couldn't do this without Anydvd HD so one should take a forethought to this if those programs are so powerful why does it need Anydvd HD to work??? Food for thought.....

DVDfab doesn't need anydvdHD. It decrypts dvd and bluray in its own

Not all versions do, especially the version that is still officially sold to the US and from what I can remember it never managed to decrypt newer BD+ discs properly

Not all versions do, especially the version that is still officially sold to the US and from what I can remember it never managed to decrypt newer BD+ discs properly

Well, then I am lucky to have the other version, even I am in US.

The only reason people are talking about DVDFab so much lately is because CloneBD is just released and having a lot of infant problems.

I thought DVDFab was banned from doing business in the US though (i.e. no 'official' US sales). Last I heard they relocated their server accounts to China to continue doing business.

One thing is for sure though, DVDFab cannot compete with the support that you will get with CloneBD and by the time it is working with all the bells and whistles, it will probably be 2 to 3 times the price it is now.

Last edited:
The only reason people are talking about DVDFab so much lately is because CloneBD is just released and having a lot of infant problems.

I thought DVDFab was banned from doing business in the US though (i.e. no 'official' US sales). Last I heard they relocated their server accounts to China to continue doing business.

One thing is for sure though, DVDFab cannot compete with the support that you will get with CloneBD and by the time it is working with all the bells and whistles, it will probably be 2 to 3 times the price it is now.

Put this way at least with all the Software provided by Slysoft works for what it does and keeping up to date and users updating helps keep the Slysoft name well known and recognized world wide and a disdain in the US studios. No software released are bug free...if that was the case Windows would perfect no updates or the like.... but we all still use Windows even though we talk disdain about it.... :bang:

Last edited:
Put this way at least with all the Software provided by Slysoft works for what it does and keeping up to date and users updating helps keep the Slysoft name well known and recognized world wide and a disdain in the US studios. No software released are bug free...if that was the case Windows would perfect no updates or the like.... but we all still use Windows even though we talk disdain about it.... :bang:

I wish I had bought some MSFT stock when it was still just doing MSDOS and firmware for Radio Shack back in the 80's ;)
BTW, MSFT was never a "penny stock" the split adjusted charts since the 80's just make it look like it was.

Last edited:
I wish I had bought some MSFT stock when it was still just doing MSDOS and firmware for Radio Shack back in the 80's ;)
BTW, MSFT was never a "penny stock" the split adjusted charts since the 80's just make it look like it was.

PFFTTT! I did...I drive a nice Corvette now, thanks to Mr. Gates! :rock::rock::rock:

MC

Back