• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unintentional Linux support?

X86_64

Seems like the redfox team accidentally implemented Linux support via Wine
But I certainly don't mind! Thank you redfox (y)

KGze57L.png

Last edited:
The team doesnt do something like that by accident. Glad you are enjoying it.
If intentional, that's awesome!
I've had a license for a while now but rarely used it since I only really run linux but this is amazing! You should add it to the changelog so more people become aware of the linux support!

The team doesnt do something like that by accident. Glad you are enjoying it.
I'll need to look at getting this running under Pop! OS. Still very much a Linux noob!

Last edited:
I'll need to look at getting this running under Pop OS. Still very much a Linux noob!
Wine Stable release gave issues with libcef (Chromium Embedded Framework) but using Wine Staging resolved that issue (see the wine version in the screenshot). Other that that it was plug and play!

Wine Stable release gave issues with libcef (Chromium Embedded Framework) but using Wine Staging resolved that issue (see the wine version in the screenshot). Other that that it was plug and play!
I was teasing you, I think they either forgot to put it in the release notes or they did make some adjustments that allowed this to happen. Either way, I am happy for you.

Seems like the redfox team accidentally implemented Linux support via Wine
But I certainly don't mind! Thank you redfox (y)

View attachment 62507
This is great news. I'll be sure to run this in one of my Linux VM's instead of a dedicated Windows VM. It's a much smaller footprint with storage.
I'll test this in ubuntu or fedora when I get a chance. (y)

Code:
https://www.winehq.org

Last edited:
Well there is this old thread, where people already said that it is working now. But it has never been mentioned by a dev. So either it is not intentional or it is some sort of beta-support.

Well there is this old thread, where people already said that it is working now. But it has never been mentioned by a dev. So either it is not intentional or it is some sort of beta-support.
It has been common in the software industry for decades to have 'undocumented' features. I assure you that something this comprehensive is no accident. I've done it numerous times in published software applications where we didn't want to formally support a feature, but wanted to enable power users.

This is great news. I'll be sure to run this in one of my Linux VM's instead of a dedicated Windows VM. It's a much smaller footprint with storage.
I'll test this in ubuntu or fedora when I get a chance. (y)
I just had to chuckle ... do you really care about the storage footprint of a Windows vs Linux VM?
While using AnyStream? :ROFLMAO:
If you'd said Memory, I'd fully agree :D

I never ran a true Linux OS except, I use Linux bootable programs like Parted Magic and Tails via USB bootable sticks. But that far from using Wine. I would really like to know how the program is running in Wine and other Linux Os systems.

Hello, could you explain how to run app with linux ?
Do you have a spcial config ou wine is running natively ?
I am really interested to install AnyStream on VM on my unriad.

I’ve been running AS successfully on Crossover for Mac 21.1 which incorporated Wine 6.x (the first Wine release to run AS due to a bunch of graphic improvements, I believe).

Yeah but this runs on native wine without the use of a third-party proprietary program

Hello, could you explain how to run app with linux ?
Do you have a spcial config ou wine is running natively ?
I am really interested to install AnyStream on VM on my unriad.

Use wine staging instead of wine stable and that's it.

Yeah but this runs on native wine without the use of a third-party proprietary program

It’s my understanding that Wine (by itself) doesn’t run on MacOS 12 Monterey and so something like Crossover is needed.

It’s my understanding that Wine (by itself) doesn’t run on MacOS 12 Monterey and so something like Crossover is needed.
Mac is Unix and not Linux. I wouldn't know if it works on Mac.
It works with native wine on linux without the use of third party software, which is what the thread is about. The thread was not made in reference to other commercial programs or any other OS outside of linux

Mac is Unix and not Linux. I wouldn't know if it works on Mac.
It works with native wine on linux without the use of third party software, which is what the thread is about. The thread was not made in reference to other commercial programs or any other OS outside of linux
It will only work on a Mac via Paralells.

Back