• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unexpected detection of Cinavia

antipodes

I was playing the "Equaliser vengeance edition" original Blu-ray disc when after about 30 miutes the sound was muted and the traditional cinavia message was displayed. I was using PVD16 and AnyDVD was enabled but with the cinavia boxes unticked. I then unticked the start AnyDVD box, that resulted in the program reverting to the PowerDVD screen and the message that no disc could be detected and AnyDVD gave me the same message. I had to restart the computer to resume playing the disc.
What I would like to know is why would an original disc trigger cinavia detection; if it was a copy I would understand. By the way I could not find any indication on the packaging to indicate that the disc contained cinavia.
Happy to provided a log file if required.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.3_Info_F_The Equalizer.ziplog
    306.8 KB · Views: 0
It doesn't matter if it's an original. The only thing that matters if the inserted discs is protected. You insert the original with anydvd running: anydvd removes the protection > as far as cinavia is concerned, it's no longer an original disc so it kicks in.

I was playing the "Equaliser vengeance edition" original Blu-ray disc when after about 30 miutes the sound was muted and the traditional cinavia message was displayed. I was using PVD16 and AnyDVD was enabled but with the cinavia boxes unticked. I then unticked the start AnyDVD box, that resulted in the program reverting to the PowerDVD screen and the message that no disc could be detected and AnyDVD gave me the same message. I had to restart the computer to resume playing the disc.
What I would like to know is why would an original disc trigger cinavia detection; if it was a copy I would understand. By the way I could not find any indication on the packaging to indicate that the disc contained cinavia.
Happy to provided a log file if required.
To watch a original disc with PDVD10 up and have AnyDVDHD active you need to have the "prevent player software from detecting cinivia" ticked or it will activate the trigger if it contains cinivia. Because AACS is removed and appears as a copy.
The only thing that doesn't work with is on PDVD16 and disc's having only AC3 as main audio . And that is known by the devs and is being looked at.

The other box is only for use with cloneBD and down-converting audio output.

To watch a original disc with PDVD10 up and have AnyDVDHD active you need to have the "prevent player software from detecting cinivia" ticked or it will activate the trigger if it contains cinivia. Because AACS is removed and appears as a copy.
The only thing that doesn't work with is on PDVD16 and disc's having only AC3 as main audio . And that is known by the devs and is being looked at.

The other box is only for use with cloneBD and down-converting audio output.
Thanks Nebostrangla. If I understand you correctly having AnyDVD running makes the original look like a copy?

Yes that is correct. As it removes AACS and BD+/region restrictions on-the-fly. And also adding speedmenu if you have that selected. All without ever having to rip. And that's the beauty of AnyDVDHD .

Lolz, No worries ;-) nothing to be sorry for.

Back