• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Jerry62712

Not sure if this is a AnyDVD or a CloneDVD2 problem. The symptoms are when trying to backup the movie Uncut Gems, the "Video titles" doesn't show the movie. In fact, it shows there are 64 files, but only includes 13 on the list. One of the ones missing is #1 which I assume is the actual movie.

Not sure if this is a AnyDVD or a CloneDVD2 problem. The symptoms are when trying to backup the movie Uncut Gems, the "Video titles" doesn't show the movie. In fact, it shows there are 64 files, but only includes 13 on the list. One of the ones missing is #1 which I assume is the actual movie.
No way for anyone to tell what the issue might be without an AnyDVD log.

The problem happens every time. A search here produced no results on "uncut gems" and there is the question of it being an AnyDVD or a CloneDVD2 problem.

Annotation 2020-05-07 120821.png

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.8.0_Info_D_UNCUT_GEMS.ziplog
    954.2 KB · Views: 4
Try updating to the latest beta. If that doesn't work, new logfile WITH the beta

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The problem happens every time. A search here produced no results on "uncut gems" and there is the question of it being an AnyDVD or a CloneDVD2 problem.

View attachment 51334
I believe your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective. There is a read error in the middle of the main feature (Title 60, VTS 29 VTSTT 1). AnyDVD removes the complete title as this might be part of an evil protection scheme. Unfortunately it is not.

Ch3vr0n:
When I clicked on the beta (Ivan's post), I got the 8.4.8.0 version. Is this what you were talking about? Attached is the log from that.

James:
I did clean the disk, it was very clean to start with. I had backed up two other disks with no problems (one before and one after the attempt with Uncut Gems) so I doubt it is the physical device.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.8.0_Info_D_UNCUT_GEMS.ziplog
    952.7 KB · Views: 3
The beta sticky isn't by Ivan, it's by James (as almost always) and I just checked, it still links properly to 8482. Though that won't fix your defective disc.

I had backed up two other disks with no problems (one before and one after the attempt with Uncut Gems) so I doubt it is the physical device.
Just because you don't see any defects, doesn't mean there aren't any:
WARNING: Read errors on disc!
43.30s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:0
43.30s: tries 2 retry 2084515 to 2084516
50.80s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:0
50.80s: tries 1 retry 2084515 to 2084516
58.30s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:0
58.30s: tries 0 retry 2084515 to 2084516
58.30s: read error 2084515 to 2084516, max 4169920, io->read_error 0
58.30s: Reading sector 2084515 failed, final 4169920

Yeah but he said DEVICE not disk . Considering our was used fine to rip 2b other disks, the drive itself is most likely fine. That only leaves the disk to either be dirty or defective

Yeah but he said DEVICE not disk . Considering our was used fine to rip 2b other disks, the drive itself is most likely fine. That only leaves the disk to either be dirty or defective

I did get the beta now and here is the log. As you suggested, it didn't seem to make any difference.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.8.2_Info_D_UNCUT_GEMS.ziplog
    952.7 KB · Views: 0
Well according to James in post #6, your have a dirty or defective disc. There's currently read errors in there middle of the main title. If cleaning with some warm water and a microfiber cloth doesn't work, it's defective. In that case, exchange it.

I did get the beta now and here is the log. As you suggested, it didn't seem to make any difference.
You have to get around your read errors. Clean the disc again with soap and warm water. Wipe with a microfiber cloth. If not successful try another drive or some software that tries to read and read again until success. E.g. Isobuster. But that didn't work for me mostly. Cleaning did.

Same issue here with the drive unable to read the disc. Drive works with everything else and latest Beta 8.4.8.2. By the way...the disc is "spotless" clean. Can't create a log to send.

Just as a test, I tried to play it using VLC and it failed. I also tried playing it using my DVD player and it worked. I suspect we are looking at a new protection scheme.

Just as a test, I tried to play it using VLC and it failed. I also tried playing it using my DVD player and it worked. I suspect we are looking at a new protection scheme.
You suspect incorrectly, @James clearly states it's not. You said it yourself vlc failed and the other one didn't. What you have there is a borderline defective disc, return it.

If you think you know more about it than AnyDVD's developer, you should be able to fix it yourself then.
That was a pretty negative post without any redeeming quality. Is that your normal way to respond to people?

You suspect incorrectly, @James clearly states it's not. You said it yourself vlc failed and the other one didn't. What you have there is a borderline defective disc, return it.

You might be right, but I see others are having the problem as well. It is possible that every disk is "marginal" of course.

Discs are manufactured from a master. If that master has even a microscopic speck of dust then all the copies can be bad/marginal. It happens more often than most people think.

Back