• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

unable to rotate video files

khewa

I've created a profile with rotate=1 and even tried to set the mopts= -vf rotate=1. Both failed to rotate the video.
anyone has any luck with video rotation ? need to rotate 90 degrees clockwise.

anyone tried video rotation ? sent an email to support on this and so far no reply. Very disappointed.
Can't believe no one actually tried to do video rotation. VirtualDub can do video rotation and it's free.

video rotation (probably) isnt supported by clonedvdmobile so creating a profile wont work.
i've never (edited:00.09) needed to rotate a commercially/shop bought dvd ever.

i did once rotate a video clip someone had shot on their phone video camera cos of it being the 90 degrees the wrong way when viewed on a computer.

Last edited:
video rotation (probably) isnt supported by clonedvdmobile so creating a profile wont work.
i've need needed to rotate a commercially/shop bought dvd ever.

i did once rotate a video clip someone had shot on their phone video camera cos of it being the 90 degrees the wrong way when viewed on a computer.

well, if that is the case, I just wish Tech Support would just come up say it's not supported, rather than keep mum about it. My ticket is a week old already and it would be just a simple matter to say it's not supported rather than keep me waiting for a week. They don't have to spend time to debug anything to say it's not a supported feature.

I'm surprised that it's not supported since I saw a profile created by a user that he says rotates the video. Also, CloneDVDMobile is just a front end to Mencoder which supports video rotation. Mopts settings should just be a passthrough of the command line parameters to Mencoder. I saw in the Mencoder documentation that there is a filter to rotate the video.

I just wish Tech Support would just come up say it's not supported, rather than keep mum about it.
what nonsense.just read the product features:

Features
Convert movie DVDs to play on mobile video equipment like the Sony PSP, Apple iPod Video, iAudio X5, Creative Labs ZEN Vision, etc
Convert movie DVDs to other file formats like DivX, XviD, AVI, MP4, etc.
Utilises a high quality picture conversion engine
Supports multi-angle movie DVDs
Video Preview shows an overview of all selectable DVD titles
Target size freely adjustable
Supports chapter trimming
Very easy to use: Our unique Filmstrip assistant will guide you step-by-step through all settings - easy for beginners
Picture snapshots while converting
Logging window available
Stable, fast and does not require an ASPI driver

source: http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd-mobile.html

maybe you're wanting to see this feature,no?:
New: Video rotation not supported

as slysoft products (anydvd,clonedvd2,clonedvdmobile) are made for use with genuine commercially bought dvd's,i dont see why anyone would wish to rotate it the video on the dvd.

Last edited:
what nonsense.just read the product features:

Features
Convert movie DVDs to play on mobile video equipment like the Sony PSP, Apple iPod Video, iAudio X5, Creative Labs ZEN Vision, etc
Convert movie DVDs to other file formats like DivX, XviD, AVI, MP4, etc.
Utilises a high quality picture conversion engine
Supports multi-angle movie DVDs
Video Preview shows an overview of all selectable DVD titles
Target size freely adjustable
Supports chapter trimming
Very easy to use: Our unique Filmstrip assistant will guide you step-by-step through all settings - easy for beginners
Picture snapshots while converting
Logging window available
Stable, fast and does not require an ASPI driver

source: http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd-mobile.html

maybe you're wanting to see this feature,no?:
New: Video rotation not supported

as slysoft products (anydvd,clonedvd2,clonedvdmobile) are made for use with genuine commercially bought dvd's,i dont see why anyone would wish to rotate it the video on the dvd.

like I said, since Mencoder supports video rotation, and CloneDVD mobile just passes the command line parameters to it, video rotation should be possible.

as for why I need it, the Meziu M6, MP4 player does require video to be rotated before it can work. http://www.meizume.com/

just because you don't need it doesn't mean that there is no need for it. And please do not assume that it is for illegal purposes.

Isn't CloneDVD Mobile developed specifically for use on MP4 class players ?
if you check out the web, you will notice that Meizu M6 is gaining popularity as a good MP4 player that gives you good quality audio and video at a very affordable price point and with a very good form factor (about the size of a credit card). Unrotated videos just does not work on the Meizu M6.
Have tried to store CloneDVD Mobile unrotated videos on my Meizu M6 and it just hangs up.

btw, I'm still waiting for tech support to tell me rotation is not a supported feature.

Isn't CloneDVD Mobile developed specifically for use on MP4 class players ?
if you check out the web, you will notice that Meizu M6 is gaining popularity as a good MP4 player that gives you good quality audio and video at a very affordable price point and with a very good form factor (about the size of a credit card). Unrotated videos just does not work on the Meizu M6.
Have tried to store CloneDVD Mobile unrotated videos on my Meizu M6 and it just hangs up.

btw, I'm still waiting for tech support to tell me rotation is not a supported feature.

Sorry, that you didn't yet get a response, I'll try to find out what's going wrong there.

About rotation: sure, mencoder supports rotation, but it will not work by adding it in the mopts line, because the -vf filtering is already being used for rescaling and cropping, so your addition is overwridden.

I'll think about a way to do this. This is the first device ever to require rotation - and if you want to hear my opinion: a device that requires videos to be rotated to play them doesn't deserve to be as popular as you're saying.

Sorry, that you didn't yet get a response, I'll try to find out what's going wrong there.

About rotation: sure, mencoder supports rotation, but it will not work by adding it in the mopts line, because the -vf filtering is already being used for rescaling and cropping, so your addition is overwridden.

I'll think about a way to do this. This is the first device ever to require rotation - and if you want to hear my opinion: a device that requires videos to be rotated to play them doesn't deserve to be as popular as you're saying.

thanks for the clarification. At least, now I know why the rotation option does not work.

I don't judge a MP4 player by the rotation requirement, cost, size and supported formats and usability are my main criteria. Based on that, Meizu M6 came up tops. The rotation thingy is not a big deal as I can get around it by using the many freeware products out there to rotate the video, however, it is a 2 step process, step 1, CloneDVDMobile to convert vob to AVI format with scaling. Step 2, freeware product to rotate video.

I would rather have CloneDVDMobile do it in one step, since I paid good money for the product. I bought CloneDVDMobile specifically for ease of use of downloading video content to my PMPs.

Last edited:
Back