• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to rip these PBS DVDS

Manogos

I usually have trouble with some PBD DVDs. AnyDVD can rip some but then the folder size on the disc is larger than DL, something like 10 GB. I don't have any log files for this type of issue.

The other type of issue I have is AnyDVD starting to rip but then erroring on bad sectors halfway through. I have attached three log files for this type of behavior encountered yesterday and today. Two log files are for Season 2 of Sandition and the third is the first disc of Before We Die. I was able to rip the second disc.

I should note that DVDFab 10 is able to rip all the above discs (issues type 1 and type 2) without any problems.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.0.0_Info_I_Before We Die S1 Disc 1.ziplog
    336.5 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_8.6.0.0_Info_I_Sanditon S2 Disc 1.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.6.0.0_Info_T_Sanditon S2 Disc 2.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Not that it will likely matter, there is a new AnyDVD version available, AnyDVD 8.6.1.0. You could install the new version and try again.

If the new version works, all is good. If the discs still are having problems creating and posting new logs files wouldn't hurt.

Ultimately what is causing the rip failure is up to the devs, it could be a new protection. Or a faulty/dirty DVD or drive.

I usually have trouble with some PBD DVDs. AnyDVD can rip some but then the folder size on the disc is larger than DL, something like 10 GB.
Are you ripping the DVDs using AnyDVD's "Rip Videodisk to Harddrive" (files/folders) or "Rip to Image"?

If you are planning on burning ripped DVDs to blank recordable DVDs don't use rip to image, that is for Blu-ray discs.

I usually have trouble with some PBD DVDs. AnyDVD can rip some but then the folder size on the disc is larger than DL, something like 10 GB. I don't have any log files for this type of issue.

The other type of issue I have is AnyDVD starting to rip but then erroring on bad sectors halfway through. I have attached three log files for this type of behavior encountered yesterday and today. Two log files are for Season 2 of Sandition and the third is the first disc of Before We Die. I was able to rip the second disc.

I should note that DVDFab 10 is able to rip all the above discs (issues type 1 and type 2) without any problems.

Thanks in advance!
Please try AnyDVD 8.6.1.0. This should fix your problems. It is always a good idea to look for (beta) updates, if you have a problem with a disc.

Last edited:
I generally don't install beta versions of software, but AND is one I regularly do so for. Just to have the latest protections most likely taken care of should I encounter them.

Back