Unable to rip Starship Troopers DVD

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by MatthewT, Oct 17, 2015.

1. MatthewT

MatthewT New Member

So I've digitised almost all of my 900+ films I own at home but for some reason I am unable to rip Starship Troopers from dvd. So many newer movies have been ripped with no problems but this one just wont work. The error I get after 10 minutes of the drive trying to read the disk is:

FileIO 3 VIDEO_TS.VOB 258048 98304

Is there a version of AnyDVD I can download which will work for this film?

It was all up to date until a few weeks ago when my paid for length of updates expired. But given how old this film is I wouldn't have though it would need the most recent updates.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Anydvd logfile please

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

3. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

It's a bad disk to for sure. No doubt. (File IO3 is a read error)
    -W

4. MatthewT

MatthewT New Member

Hi Clams, I played the disc in my PS4 and it worked fine. But just to be sure I went out and bought a cheap preowned copy and that has the same problem. Strange if that is what the error means, though now whenever I try it just spends ages trying to read the disc, gives up and says the D: isn't ready.

Thanks for replying though.

5. MatthewT

MatthewT New Member

Hi Ch3vr0n, Unfotunately whenever I try now it just spends ages trying to read the disc and then gives up. When I click on Copy it says the D: drive isn't ready. I've checked the disc is ok and it plays in my PS4, even bought a preowned copy to try but still wont copy.

I understand there's not much you can do without an error report or log file. It is only 1 movie out of hundreds so i'll just keep it on my shelf.

Thanks for replying though.

6. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Mildly damaged or defective disks always play "just fine" - they won't however rip "bit for bit" with CRC error checking.
    Your case is unusual to you - but very common here. At least 95% of the problems are caused by the disk - not protections.
    -W