• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to open VIDEO_TS.IFO file using PowerDVD 17

nitewulf69

I upgraded PowerDVD 14 to the new 17 Ultra last night. I noticed PowerDVD 14 was left intact after the installation so I have both. I have a number of movies (regular DVDs) ripped to harddrive using AnyDVD.
I can still open the IFO file to start the movie playback using 14, but if I try to open them using 17 they do not open. No error message. I'm thinking it's maybe some sort of a conflict because the upgrade left both versions? Yes, I will ask this on the Cyberlink forum, but my experience there is that replies can take days if you are lucky enough to get the right answer at all. PowerDVD 17 works fine if an actual DVD/BD is inserted for playback. Any ideas?

Works fine here. Got 14 & 16 installed, as well. Launched freshly installed 17, drug over a DVD root folder (that contained the VIDEO_TS folder), playback started immediately

Works fine here. Got 14 & 16 installed, as well. Launched freshly installed 17, drug over a DVD root folder (that contained the VIDEO_TS folder), playback started immediately

Thanks for the reply, Ch3vr0n. I figured it out (sort of). Instead of clicking on the .IFO file like I'm used to with PowerDVD 14, if I open PowerDVD 17 and drag the entire VIDEO_TS folder into the application it begins playback fine. That will work.

that's what i've always done. Even for blu-ray, i just drag the whole folder and playback starts. Going back go PDVD10

Back