• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Unable to find file name" with KMPlayer

Godless

I have this issue with Reclock in KMPlayer. It says "unable to find file name(in KMPlayer)" and gives no audio output. It affects both video and audio files (mkv, avi, mp3 etc)

I tried versions 1.8.5.5 and the latest version of reclock, versions 1433 and 1435 of KMPlayer. I have to point out that reinstalling Reclock 1.8.4.8 after these newer versions doesn't fix the problem. I had to use system restore to get it to work again.
I tried the defaults in reclock, tried different renderers (VMR9, Haali, Overlay mixer, EVR),splitters (Haali) and decoders (CoreAVC, DIVX H.264).
No problems with MPCHC, though.

Any help appreciated.

I'm on XPSp3.

Last edited:
you may wanna post some Reclock logs.

what if you uncheck "use directshow" and check "use built-in estimator" in the "video settings" panel of Reclock's config?

Ok, just tried your suggestion, didn't help.
How do I go about posting the log? It's not so small.. Do i just c/p? It's apparently too big to attach. (43KB)

Well I got it sorted.

Upon installing 1.8.6.3, the issue remained, but: when I changed the audio renderer in KMPlayer properties from Reclock to Realtek, Reclock miraculously started doing it's thing:clap:.

Back to Reclock, again no dice. Then I checked the config and found an entry (advanced) that says "Force Reclock to be loaded instead of default renderers (recommended)".
Apparently this is what mixed things up for KMPlayer, for once I unchecked that entry, everything went back to business. (woo-hoo!!)

That solved, I've got another issue with Reclock and certain mp3 files, that leave KMPlayer hanging, while they are normally executed w/o Reclock. Then I have to force KMPlayer to close, and remove Reclockhelper.dll from the process window in Task manager, otherwise a new instance of KMPlayer cannot be started.

I cropped some of the mp3 in question and reencoded it (at 160kbps from 320 original) and voila!, the thing plays happily with Reclock enabled. I hope you can enlighten this mistery for me.

I've attached a log that contains the first part when KMPlayer hangs (00.14s "Helper process created" and never finished), and further down, the part when the cropped file played with no problems (0014s - "Helper process created", but this time followed by 00.36s - "Helper process finished result=-2.000000").

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 0
double lossy is no good :disagree:

disable the A/V transform filter in KMP's config, install the latest ffdshow, delete all the DLL's in the KMP folder except for KIconLib.dll & PProcDLL.DLL, and you'll be fine....most of the stock KMP DLL's are outdated or buggy ;)

double lossy is no good :disagree:

Translation, please..

disable the A/V transform filter in KMP's config, install the latest ffdshow, delete all the DLL's in the KMP folder except for KIconLib.dll & PProcDLL.DLL, and you'll be fine....most of the stock KMP DLL's are outdated or buggy ;)

I'm on Superspeed, hence transform filter disabled. I can't see how deleting those dll's links with my problem. I can play those files w/o Reclock with no problems whatsoever.

making a lossy encode of a lossy file will give trash sound quality.

most of the stock KMP DLL's are outdated or buggy, I'm sure ffdshow will work fine if you delete all those obsolete DLL's.

making a lossy encode of a lossy file will give trash sound quality.

Ah, ok, well I made that for testing purpose only, and it sure opened, trashy as it may be. The original wont. That's what doesn't make sense.

most of the stock KMP DLL's are outdated or buggy, I'm sure ffdshow will work fine if you delete all those obsolete DLL's.

Well, I tried ffdshow for audio encoder in KMP and that didn't help. I have to add that MPCHC shares this behaviour. Freezes on opening.

------------------------------

Update: I deleted all KMP dll's as instructed. Didn't work. Can I try anything else?

Update 2: I found out that when the player hangs, if I manually end the Reclockhelper.dll process in task manager, the file starts playing normally. (?)

Last edited:
you could try enabling the "debug filter connection" feature of KMP in the "troubleshootings" section.

you could try enabling the "debug filter connection" feature of KMP in the "troubleshootings" section.

It just shows the ffdshow audio filter properties, and when you continue, hangs with no other info from the debugger.

if it also occurs w/ MPC, there's prolly a blocking DS filter getting in the way.

go to the KMP "custom filter manager", and unregister any filter that's in red..it means that they are registered but that the DLL is not there.

also try CCleaner, and as a last resort make me screenshots of your registered filters ;)

Well there's not much to be gained for me to go play with things unknown and I really dont trust those entries; I installed Madshi's renderer prior to KMP installation 2 days ago and can use the renderer normally in KMP and MPC. Yet, the Custom filter manager has it in red for some reason.
I put just a fraction more trust in those automated cleaners.

Thus, thanks for your input, I appreciate it. My main problem has been dealt with, and those few files that misbehave I can easily ignore.

np! it sounds like your files have invalid tags/headers or were produced w/ a funky non-compliant encoder ;)

besides there's several mp3 decoders to choose from in ffdshow.

Last edited:
Back