• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to Backup movie "Open Season"

johneva

I have been unable to backup the movie "Open Season" and was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with this title.

No Problem with Open Season

No Problem with Open Season using AnyDVD ver. 6.1.1.4 + CloneDVD 2,ver. 2.9.0.3. Backed up Movie only in about 20 mins. Playback is Excellent! This is a Columbia Pictures Movie. 72 bad sector protections and Arccoss & Puppetlock. AnyDVD took care of it! :bowdown:

I had the same problem using DVD shrink. Downloaded CloneDVD2 and had no problem with either movie. I am also using AnyDVD 6.1.1.4

I just used 1 Click Pro and AnyDVD (latest versions) on this movie and had no problems. Great copy.

Also backed entire disc up!

I also backed up the entire disc!
No Problem with Open Season using AnyDVD ver. 6.1.1.4 + CloneDVD 2,ver. 2.9.0.3. Backed up Movie only in about 20 mins. Playback is Excellent! This is a Columbia Pictures Movie. 72 bad sector protections and Arccoss & Puppetlock. AnyDVD took care of it! :bowdown:
Sorry Mods, it won't let me edit.:doh:

I also backed up the entire disc!Sorry Mods, it won't let me edit.:doh:

I'm actually learning the features of this board (it's my second day as a mod here, and this is the first time I've ever used this ubb program as a mod), and I had no idea you couldn't edit posts. What's the restriction? Is it time limited?

Can you believe I have stupidly edited 3 posts other people wrote, thinking that I was editing my own post? *sigh* Oh yeah, and one of those posts was James'.
:eek:

So anyway, I don't think there's anything to be ashamed of. I've done stupider things here already.

i used the following tools:
anydvd 6.1.1.4
dvd decrypter 3.5.4.0
clonedvd 2.8.9.9

1. i used dvd decrypter to rip the entire dvd into my hdd
2. load the ripped dvd into clonedvd and remove unwanted extras
3. burn
4. watched the new backed up movie w/ menus =)

mod[e];3404 said:
i used the following tools:
anydvd 6.1.1.4
dvd decrypter 3.5.4.0
clonedvd 2.8.9.9

1. i used dvd decrypter to rip the entire dvd into my hdd
2. load the ripped dvd into clonedvd and remove unwanted extras
3. burn
4. watched the new backed up movie w/ menus =)

You can eliminate step 1 if you wish.

With Anydvd running on your toolbar, you can just load the original disc in Clonedvd 2.

What's the restriction? Is it time limited?

You probably already know this but, yeah, it is time limited which to me appears to be the same as CD Freaks.

No worries, Webslinger. Everyone makes mistakes here and there.

Thank you for the info!

Sorry. Apparently, I have to take back what I said. I just went and looked at the New Protections thread that I posted to in the area of 24 hrs ago and it still would allow me to edit it. So, it seems, things are definitely different but I don't recall seeing the ability to edit for so long before. Maybe they changed it. I honestly don't know. Maybe I'm just crazy... Shhhhhh! :rolleyes:

CD Freaks have a time limit on their post edits so it doesn't cause arguments about somebody saying something, then editing/deleting their posts if their wrong

Strangely, I was able to use AnyDVD ripper 6.1.1.4 to rip the entire disc of Open Season to my HD, then use Shrink 3.2 to shrink the image. I burned a disc and tried it and it seemed to work...I watch the first few minutes of the movie to be reasonably sure. Has no-one else tried this method? (edit)I backed-up the 'movie only' nothing else.

Previously I opened AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 and Shrink and got the typical empty/blank files and folders that made this disc unrippable in Shrink.

(edit2)I wonder if it might be because of this, where FixVTS is used in the AnyDVD ripping engine, since FixVTS is used in other successful ripping methods between AnyDVD and Shrink

Last edited:
please said:
I wonder if it might be because of this, where FixVTS is used in the AnyDVD ripping engine, since FixVTS is used in other successful ripping methods between AnyDVD and Shrink

Quite possibly . . .

I could not copy the whole disk (Open Season). Told me that VTS 17 0.VOB was missing. I'm using anyDVD v. 6114 and Nero Recode 2. I was able to back up the whole disk onto the hd though, but when it went to burn, I'd get the error missing file. So I just copied the movie and some extras so no shrinking was needed. I had the same problem with Saw 3.

I could not copy the whole disk (Open Season). Told me that VTS 17 0.VOB was missing. I'm using anyDVD v. 6114 and Nero Recode 2. I was able to back up the whole disk onto the hd though, but when it went to burn, I'd get the error missing file. So I just copied the movie and some extras so no shrinking was needed. I had the same problem with Saw 3.

The latest version of Recode is 2.4.5.0

I've had several confirmations of people having success with Recode and 6.1.1.4 on both of those titles with full discs. It's possible you came across bad originals, or possibly, there's an issue with your drive.

Back