• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD support is marvellous, only two unsupported discs out of 61!

Newbie here, but lifetime AnyDVD member, looking to jump into the UHD arena. I've been reading about the onerous requirements to just play an encrypted UHD disk in a PC - unbelievable. It made me wonder, I understand that all I need to rip a UHD is AnyDVDHD, a 'UHD-friendly' BD drive (got two), and an internet connection, but once I have the UHD ISO file will it just play using any BD-capable player, and without any of the other ridiculous requirements? I currently use PowerDVD 17 Ultra on my HTPC, although I also have VLC, DVDFab, Leawo available. How big is an ISO file produced from a UHD disk?

The size of the iso variates, have seen UHD down to arround 30-40 GB and up to arround 90 GB
If you can use PowerDVD i don't know, some say they can do and others can't, myself is using MPC-HC/BE with madVR

I've backed up four UHD discs so far with my Asus drive, but I cannot backup Interstellar. Fails every time right at 75%, reporting corrupt sectors. That seems like a layer change or something. Both 8.2.2.0 and 8.2.2.2 beta have the same issue.
I had the same issue with 10 Cloverfield Lane. I then tried Clone BD and set to MKV. Also, I ripped to only one language and no subtitles. It ripped with no errors for first time. It took less time to rip of course with reduced file size. I do see an issue with my LG BH16N55, SVC code 55, which does work even though it was reported it needed to be SVC code 50, and firmware 1.02, with error when the rip time is long. It seems clear that the time in this drive is a factor.

What’s the best way to make a MKV file from a UHD .iso file to play on an Oppo 203? I’ve read on other forums that Clone BD has some problems with black screen on video for MKV files on an Oppo 203. Would Make MKV or another program work better?

The UHD .iso file was ripped with AnyDVD HD.

What’s the best way to make a MKV file from a UHD .iso file to play on an Oppo 203? I’ve read on other forums that Clone BD has some problems with black screen on video for MKV files on an Oppo 203. Would Make MKV or another program work better?

The UHD .iso file was ripped with AnyDVD HD.
The only way to know if it works 'better' is to try them both and compare. We can't decide which is better for you. Only you can.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Well it's not going well converting to mkv so far. I tried CloneBD & it converted but I'm having the same problem that other people are having in the CloneBD thread where the MKV file will play in an Oppo 203 with audio but the video is a black screen.
Unfortunately I must have tried a trial version of Make MKV before so I would have to pay to try it because the trial ran out.
I'm trying DVDFab UHD MKV but it's taking about 2 hours for MKV pass through.
Can anyone here that uses the MKVs with an Oppo 203 let me know what works best for you. I would really appreciate any feedback.
I ripped a UHD .iso & trying to find a program that will convert the best & fastest to MKV to play with an Oppo 203.
I'm hoping that CloneBD will eventually get it fixed where I can use it which is what I want to do.
Also does any MKV software support Dolby Vision as well as HDR10?

Last edited:
Well I was able to make the MKV with DVDfab's MKV pass through for UHD but it's skipping on the OPPO 203 pretty often. Unfortunately my computer doesn't play UHDs so I can't see if it's the way the Oppo is handling it or not.
There are no chapter stops & you can't rewind. You can fast forward.
This isn't looking good to me so far. Any recommendations would be welcome from those of you that have been backing up your discs. I'm new to this.

Well I was able to make the MKV with DVDfab's MKV pass through for UHD but it's skipping on the OPPO 203 pretty often. Unfortunately my computer doesn't play UHDs so I can't see if it's the way the Oppo is handling it or not.
This isn't looking good to me so far. Any recommendations would be welcome from those of you that have been backing up your discs. I'm new to this.
Will the Oppo 203 play Jriver rips? If you don't have Jriver, use a trial and see if that works. Jriver rips the UHDs fine but playback isn't supported yet.

I use the same work flow and no issues at all. I suspect your "skipping" problem might be due to your storage device or network.
The same MKVs also play perfectly in a couple other media devices.

Back