UHD playback and nvidia super resolution with an adapter..

Discussion in 'High Definition Hardware' started by Lostname71, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Lostname71

Lostname71 Member

Hi,

Was wondering if this would work. I have an MSI Z270M Mortar 7600K build and a Pioneer UHD player. Not sure if my HDMI or DP ports are HDCP 2.2 certified so was wondering with an DP to HDMI 2.0 adapter could I route the output to a 2560x1400 res display and even better enable Nvidia super-resolution to upscale the resolution to playback the content??

Thanks

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

3. Lostname71

Lostname71 Member

I'm sorry about the double post. My bad.

Anyhow didn't catch or understand "mandate the onboard you ports for secure environment" means?

Thanks

4. Ch3vr0n

What it means is that for UHD playback on a PC. Intel SGX implementation is required for the playback software. In it's turn, SGX requires a fully secure path from the optical device to the display device. The only way for that currently to happen is to have the monitor used for UHD playback hooked up to one of the motherboards display ports (hdmi, displayport,...) and use the CPU's video component to render the playback. Anything else like a discrete graphics card (like the nvidia GTX 10xx series) is NOT supported for UHD playback. You can still use it, but the video will be downscaled to 1080p

5. Lostname71

Lostname71 Member

Well my system supports SGX but the only point of contention is wether or not the Z270M has a lspcon chip and the right kind of hdmi and or DisplayPort port builtin on the motherboard that can handle the bandwidth. Thanks.

6. Ch3vr0n

that you'll have to ask MSI as stated in the other topic. IF it does, then if you hook up an adapter to either such port it SHOULD work provided the adapter then also meets UHD bandwith / resolution requirements.

7. Lostname71

Lostname71 Member

Guess it’s time to make a call.. thanks