• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD playback and nvidia super resolution with an adapter..

Lostname71

Hi,

Was wondering if this would work. I have an MSI Z270M Mortar 7600K build and a Pioneer UHD player. Not sure if my HDMI or DP ports are HDCP 2.2 certified so was wondering with an DP to HDMI 2.0 adapter could I route the output to a 2560x1400 res display and even better enable Nvidia super-resolution to upscale the resolution to playback the content??

Thanks

I'm sorry about the double post. My bad.

Anyhow didn't catch or understand "mandate the onboard you ports for secure environment" means?

Thanks

What it means is that for UHD playback on a PC. Intel SGX implementation is required for the playback software. In it's turn, SGX requires a fully secure path from the optical device to the display device. The only way for that currently to happen is to have the monitor used for UHD playback hooked up to one of the motherboards display ports (hdmi, displayport,...) and use the CPU's video component to render the playback. Anything else like a discrete graphics card (like the nvidia GTX 10xx series) is NOT supported for UHD playback. You can still use it, but the video will be downscaled to 1080p

Well my system supports SGX but the only point of contention is wether or not the Z270M has a lspcon chip and the right kind of hdmi and or DisplayPort port builtin on the motherboard that can handle the bandwidth. Thanks.

that you'll have to ask MSI as stated in the other topic. IF it does, then if you hook up an adapter to either such port it SHOULD work provided the adapter then also meets UHD bandwith / resolution requirements.

Back