• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD/HDR Menu Problems with VLC/MakeMKV

dougiefresh578

I know this might not be the correct forum to post this issue to, but I tried the VLC forum and got no responses.

I was able to get Ultra HD Blu-Ray Discs working using VLC/MakeMKV and I even downloaded Java so the Menus can show up, and everything seems to be working fine, except one problem. If I turn on HDR in my Windows Settings, the Menu Options (Play/Scenes/Set Up/Extras) will still work like normal but they will not be visible or incredibly dark. If I play those same UHD BD Discs with HDR turned off, then the menu options will look normal. Everything else (Home Entertainment logo, Warning Screens, Movie, Menu Audio) will play normally in both HDR and SDR, the problem is with the actual Menu options themselves. I am wondering how I can get the Menus to show up normally when I have HDR turned on. Maybe I don't have a certain Codec that would fix this or its maybe something in settings I couldn't find.

What it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/1n0WYRN

Sounds like a VLC issue. I know you said you tried on the VLC forum, but, that's the right place to address this particular issue.

Back