• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD drives

thedatman

Quick question do I need a UHD drive or a UHD friendly drive?

Depends what it is you want to do

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I want to make rips and if and when it's possible movie only backups.
If you want to do it with AnyDVD or any other tool for that matter, then you need a friendly drive. Real uhd drives cannot be used i think, until a valid aacs 2.0 certificate is available. I don't have deuhd, real uhd drive or any uhd disc to test if real uhd drives work with the leaked keys.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I cancelled my LG wh16ns60. Is a wh16ns40 a friendly drive? Or the Asus BW-16D1HT?

Looks like I can get both.

Last edited:
I have a WH16NS40 in the computer now with an old firmware 1.0. I updated it to 1.02 and it still will not read a UHD disc.

The one I plan to order is a BH16NS40 is that a friendly drive?

Ok I think I'm starting to figure this out. It may be more than I'm ready for.
If I want to build up a new computer and watch UHD movies off pdvd17 I can get a uhd drive. I won't be able to make rips or backups for some time.

If I want to make backups now I need a UHD friendly drive but I have to find the keys for each movie. So all of this is based off of the leaked keys. How does one find the keys?

I saw that the new beta v 8.2.1.4 has a folder for UHD keys. Do I copy the keys to the folder?

I have a a few UHD movies. All the Bourne movies, ID4, The Martian and Serenity. If please PM the keys or even a key so I can test my wh16ns40. If it is a friendly drive then I'll go ahead and get a UHD drive like the 16ns60.

I ordered the Asus BW-16D1HT? Seems to be the best option. At this point my WH16NS40 will not read the couple uhd movies I tried. Found the list of keys but don't know how to import them. I plan to try makemkv and clonebd this weekend.

Back