• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD 'couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!'

clarence007a

Hello, I'm new to this: I'm trying to rip 'Michael Schenker's Temple of Rock: On a Mission' UHD (https://amzn.to/2JGq0gd). AnyDVD's error message reads: 'couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!' Also the label is quoted as 'null', which probably is correct. My drive is a 'techPulse120 UltraHD 4k' (https://amzn.to/2zmi53M), internally it should be a BU40N 1.02.

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD HD 8.3.0.0, BDPHash.bin 18-10-04)
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 32585728 sectors (63644 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: null
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.0.0_Info_H_null.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
Hello, I'm new to this: I'm trying to rip 'Michael Schenker's Temple of Rock: On a Mission' UHD (https://amzn.to/2JGq0gd). AnyDVD's error message reads: 'couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!' Also the label is quoted as 'null', which probably is correct. My drive is a 'techPulse120 UltraHD 4k' (https://amzn.to/2zmi53M), internally it should be a BU40N 1.02.

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD HD 8.3.0.0, BDPHash.bin 18-10-04)
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 32585728 sectors (63644 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: null
Media is AACS protected!
This drive is not supported for reading UHD discs.

Hi,

Thought I'd reuse this thread.

I have an LG WH16NS60 with firmware version 1.0 (I had to downgrade it). Testing DVD FAB I can read (most) discs using that. I already have AnyDVD HD and would rather use it. I cannot get AnyDVD to work, though, and I keep getting an error when I put UHD discs in the drive. Maybe I'm getting my drives mixed up, but does it not work with AnyDVD HD for UHD discs?

Here is what I get when I throw in Arrow's Tremors UHD (and it's similar to every other UHD disc I throw in, even ones that open with DVDFab):

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.1.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS60 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Media is a Blu-ray disc.
Total size: 46773824 sectors (91355 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: TREMORS UHD
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 72
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Thank you!

That's an official drive. Anydvd doesn't work with official uhd drive firmware. If you want to use that drive you'll need to crossflash it with a uhd friendly firmware.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

that's the drive I have. how does one crossflash with uhd friendly firmware ? having to re rip my entire movie library. ugh.

If you're not burning discs, the desktop firmware world is wide open as to what you choose to flash in terms of friendly firmware. If you're hoping to burn discs, then it gets a bit more tricky. Something like the NS40 firmware will work fine. Cross flashing should be done with one of the available tools. Personally, I recommend MakeMKV's flash tool with SDFFlash.

I ran into this problem yet the drive claims to be able to play UHD, Cyperlink PowerDVD never worked in any format with any blu-rays I didn't have 4k UHD disc back then just plain Blu-ra but potplayer using Anydvd did, so I ran into OP problem when I finally got myself some 4k UHD movies and wanted to try them today with the new software I found that I hoped would work

Here is the details I get in AnyDVD:
Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.6.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-UD04 1.11
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

What I bought was this drive: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Q65WJXC
archgon Star UHD External 4K-Ultra HD BD Player, Blu-ray BDXL Burner for PC USB 3.0 USB-C, M-Disc, Tray Load Disc Drive, Protection Box, Aluminum Black
Model: MD-8102P-U3YC-UHDB-K

Any help would be appreciated

Disc I tried:
Total size: 31513440 sectors (61549 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: WILLY_WONKA_CHOCOLATE_FACTORY
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 76

Total size: 32129984 sectors (62753 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: DEADPOOL 2
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 65

Yea let me just stop you right here. That drive isn't going to work for UHD. Pioneer isn't supported.

But according to everything I can find archgon is LG not Pioneer and I found searching UHD friendly a list where Archgon MD-8107S-U3-UHD, UHD Official, External Slim 9.5mm USB 3.0-Marty is on as a LG drive rebranded. My DVD drive is a Pioneer I am wondering if thats why my PC think it's pioneer.

I really hope so the list I found is here: https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634

Thats why I was hoping it just is my PC being a morron and seeing it as Pioneer or maybe the firmware archgon put on is Pioneers but again I aren't the best on stuff like this

Post a log from one of those failed discs please. The archgon drive is indeed an LG, but it's a bu40n which is an official drive that AnyDVD doesn't work with. And it can't be flashed with friendly drive firmware. Nonetheless, toss me a log so I can have a look please.

Post a log from one of those failed discs please. The archgon drive is indeed an LG, but it's a bu40n which is an official drive that AnyDVD doesn't work with. And it can't be flashed with friendly drive firmware. Nonetheless, toss me a log so I can have a look please.

How do I get a log for you?

Insert a disc, give AnyDVD a moment to do its initial read, then right click on the AnyDVD icon and select create logfile...

Then just attach it this thread.

Here is the log you asked for

And thank you so much for helping me, I hope the log says something that means I don't have to look for a new External Blu-Ray player

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.6.0_Info_H_WILLY_WONKA_CHOCOLATE_FACTORY.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
That took some digging and you're going to be pissed. You didn't get the bu40n drive like I have. You got this:

(13) Confirmation needed: Archgon MD-8102P-U3YC-UHD = BU40N drive - www.makemkv.com

which is *NOT* an LG drive, it's a Pioneer. Notice from your AnyDVD log:

PIONEER BD-RWBDR-UD04 1.11

Which matches what's posted in the thread I just linked to. You can confirm this by running MakeMKV and getting the drive info for the drive but I'm quite sure that's a Pioneer drive in that Archgon you got which is completely useless unfortunately. :( Sorry to be the bearer of annoying news!

For the record, here's the info on my Archgon bu40n drive:

Drive Information
OS device name: G:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: 1.00
Serial number: XXXXXXXXX
Firmware date: 2116-12-20 15:28
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 76

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.00
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted

Very different from what your drive is unfortunately. And my bu40n is not AnyDVD compatible. I typically rip to protected ISO and mount those for use with AnyDVD.

Thank you for your help I guess I either go and look for a new drive or hope there come a Pioneer firmware I guess.

Not sure why they moved from LG to Pioneer but that's life I guess.

It's only certain models. My guess is they source drives from whoever and just stick them in the cases they make. Yea that really sucks. Mike was rumored to be working on Pioneer support for LibreDrive but that was a year ago and I've not seen anything further on it. I'd not hold my breath. And even if it did get a LibreDrive firmware by some miracle, it'd still not work with AnyDVD, unfortunately.

you can do what i did. I imported this one from the US to BE.
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Archgon-Premium-Aluminum-External-Apple-MacBook/dp/B07BC9F98J
It was the BU40N which can be made compatible with MakeMKV to enable libredrive, to create an iso with IMGBurn, which then in turn can be fed into AnyDVD. But it will NOT work with AnyDVD by itself. You need a friendly model like the BU30N (if you can still find it) for that.

Back