• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD Blu-Rays with Ryzen 3900X & Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080

evitaler

[English]:
Hello everyone, I'm happy to come across AnyDVD again after almost 10 years :)
Therefore I have built a new PC with Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080, and bought a UHD / 4k Blu-Ray Writer "Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD" and cannot play my original 4K Blu-Rays because I miss "SGX", this is Intel exclusive .. I wanted to try AnyDVD, I still have the 21 day trial version, I would also like to buy it if I knew I could watch my 4K Blu-rays with it .. but also with AnyDVD I get an error, here is the status of my AnyDVD:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.4.8.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-XS07U 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 28952896 sectors (56548 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THEY_LIVE
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 61
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR while editing the Blu-ray Disc!

Am I completely lost with Ryzen in the UHD world for PC's? The CPU itself is currently superior to almost all consumer Intel CPUs and will use them for at least another 10 years, so switching to Intel is not possible with me.

[German]:
Hallo an alle, freut mich nach fast 10 Jahren wieder auf AnyDVD zu stoßen :)
Daher ich mir ein neues PC mit Ryzen 3900X, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 zusammengebaut habe, und mir extra ein UHD/4k Blu-Ray Writer "Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD" gekauft habe und meine oroginal 4K Blu-Rays nicht abspielen kann weil mir "SGX" fehlt, das ist Intel exklusiv.. wollte ich es mit AnyDVD versuchen, ich habe noch die 21 Tage Testversion, ich würde es mir auch gerne kaufen wenn ich wüsste, dass ich damit meine 4K Blu-rays anschauen könnte.. doch auch mit AnyDVD bekomme ich ein Fehler, hier das Status meines AnyDVD:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.4.8.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-XS07U 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 28952896 sectors (56548 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THEY_LIVE
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 61
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
FEHLER bei der Bearbeitung der Blu-ray Disc!

Bin ich mit Ryzen komplett verloren in der UHD Welt für PC's? Die CPU an sich ist momentan an fast alle Consumer Intel CPU's überlegen und werde diese auch mindestens weitere 10 Jahre einsetzen, deshalb ist ein Wechsel zu Intel bei mir ausgeschlossen..

The issue is with your pioneer drive. Anydvd requires a uhd friendly drive, not an official drive. There are currently no programs that will work with that drive for uhd.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Indeed? Normal Full HD Blu-rays and DVD are recognized by AnyDVD, only UHD Blu-rays not, which portable writer would be suitable for this?

A lot of people end up getting either an LG or asus uhd friendly drive, flashing it with an mk firmware, and if you need it portable, sticking it into something like a Vantec USB case. I'm on my phone right now else is go search for the link but if you look in the hardware part of the forum here you'll find recommendations on specific drive models, how to flash them, and what to avoid.

Ok, thank you very much, I will look at this, I hope I can come up with a good solution by next week

You can't play UHD Blu-rays using AnyDVD with a non-SGX-capable CPU. I recently built a Ryzen 9 3950x system and ran into this exact issue. Using an LG WH16NS40 drive I can go hook up to my i9 9900k machine and play UHD Blu-rays using PowerDVD 18.

Hello @techguy2k5 i have solved my problem with a flashed LGBH16NS55 & AnyDVD HD an i can run my 4K-BR Movies on my Ryzen System with PowerDVD20, https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/portables-uhd-blu-ray-laufwerk-mit-ryzen-prozessor.78673/

According to PowerDVD you need an SGX-capable processor and SGX must be enabled in the BIOS. My own experience corroborates this, the Blu-ray drive I use is UHD-compatible as it plays UHD discs on an Intel system with SGX enabled, but not on my new Ryzen system. The only other variable here is the PowerDVD version in use. I use version 18, because I refuse to keep paying for feature updates to this product as I only use it to verify playlists so I know which playlists to transcode.

I can only confirm on my own that I can play my original UHD blu-rays with the flashed LG-Writer without there being a SGX check. It looked different with my Pioneer drive

That's not how it works. That's a PowerDVD thing. They changed it in PowerDVD 19 and formalized it in PowerDVD 20.

For official, protected content, that is still true. For unprotected content (ISO, folder, whatever) it is not.

They did? I must have missed that. I never got PowerDVD 19 to play UHD with Nvidia graphics.
Yeah it worked for the last 2 or 3 versions of powerdvd 19 but they never officially acknowledged that.

Yeah it worked for the last 2 or 3 versions of powerdvd 19 but they never officially acknowledged that.

Hi,

This has turned into an interesting topic.

I have been trying to search for this information on the web but I can't find any discussion concerning sgx no longer being required for Powerdvd 20. I did find that sgx is required for UHD disc playback and that powerdvd supports AMD gpu and CPUs. So that is confusing but, the one caveat that SamuriHL states is that PowerDVD 20 allows you to play UHD files. Is that how it works in these two situations? Can you play a UHD ISO file on VCD and not have sgx requirements prevent playback?

Thanks,

Jamie

I will clear this up once and for all to avoid further confusion.

If the disc is protected with AACS, SGX *IS* required in ALL versions of PowerDVD. Period.

If the protection has been removed (unprotected ISO, folder rip, AnyDVD real time decryption of an actual disc) the SGX requirement is not enforced and you can then play that UHD content on any hardware that supports it (nVidia, AMD, Intel, etc). But only in later versions of PowerDVD 19 and in all versions of PowerDVD 20. Any prior version of PowerDVD will NOT allow this to work.

I will clear this up once and for all to avoid further confusion.

If the disc is protected with AACS, SGX *IS* required in ALL versions of PowerDVD. Period.

If the protection has been removed (unprotected ISO, folder rip, AnyDVD real time decryption of an actual disc) the SGX requirement is not enforced and you can then play that UHD content on any hardware that supports it (nVidia, AMD, Intel, etc). But only in later versions of PowerDVD 19 and in all versions of PowerDVD 20. Any prior version of PowerDVD will NOT allow this to work.

Thank's that clears it up.

Back