• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Bought AnyStream Plus license and now Disney+ doesn't work!

Erendira

While downloading Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2, I purchased the AnyStream Plus license because I wanted to download some The Big Bang Theory episodes. When Guardians finished downloading, I double clicked on the license file. AnyStream shut down. I restarted it and now had a Max tab as well. When I tried to download the first episode of TBBT, I got a message to the effect "Could not retrieve playlist, you may have to pay for this title." I tried several other titles on MAX as well with the same result. I shut down AnyStream and restarted, no difference. Rebooted machine, no difference. I saw on this forum that there were still issues with AnyStream working with MAX so I thought that I'd wait until the next release of AnyStream came out. Went back to Disney+ to download Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 3 and got the same message about not being able to retrieve the playlist! All titles on Disney+ that I tried, same message. If there is no fix for this yet for AnyStream Plus, is there a way that I can go back to the original AnyStream?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.5.0.astlog
    62.5 KB · Views: 3
It should have nothing to do with Plus, as that only unlocks the additional providers. And Max has nothing to do with D+.
Good that you left a log, but update to the latest version first and try again. Then report back.

While downloading Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2, I purchased the AnyStream Plus license because I wanted to download some The Big Bang Theory episodes. When Guardians finished downloading, I double clicked on the license file. AnyStream shut down. I restarted it and now had a Max tab as well. When I tried to download the first episode of TBBT, I got a message to the effect "Could not retrieve playlist, you may have to pay for this title." I tried several other titles on MAX as well with the same result. I shut down AnyStream and restarted, no difference. Rebooted machine, no difference. I saw on this forum that there were still issues with AnyStream working with MAX so I thought that I'd wait until the next release of AnyStream came out. Went back to Disney+ to download Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 3 and got the same message about not being able to retrieve the playlist! All titles on Disney+ that I tried, same message. If there is no fix for this yet for AnyStream Plus, is there a way that I can go back to the original AnyStream?
Hello Erendira
It seems you need to upgrade your Disney subscription to a no ads subscription.

Log out of all your services in AS. Close AS. Restart AS. Log in again with your username / password.

It would also be prudent to turn off your VPN. They are blocking the VPN IP.

TBBT on Max works fine if you disable your VPN.

TBBT.jpg

Thanks everyone once again for all of the quick suggestions! I first turned off my VPN which didn't help (and it was running when I downloaded Guardians Vol. 2). I downloaded 1.5.5.2 which I hadn't been notified of and now I can download from MAX! Disney+ (which is a paid for ad-free version) still giving the playlist error. Have several other things that I have to tend to for now, so I'll have to put off additional troubleshooting until later.

Erendira, please tell us if it works now so we can put the status to "Resolved".

I am pretty sure it’s probably resolved. We made some server-side changes but yes, it would be nice to know.

Thanks everyone once again for all of the quick suggestions! I first turned off my VPN which didn't help (and it was running when I downloaded Guardians Vol. 2). I downloaded 1.5.5.2 which I hadn't been notified of and now I can download from MAX! Disney+ (which is a paid for ad-free version) still giving the playlist error. Have several other things that I have to tend to for now, so I'll have to put off additional troubleshooting until later.
In any case - try this without VPN again using the latest version and post another log file from that. From your original log file, it really looks like your VPN got rejected.

Yes! Resolved! As of this morning, MAX, Amazon Prime and Disney+ all working well! Thanks again!

Back