• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UAC support

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnerHEAD

I tried Burnerhead's solution using the SDB file, it did not seem to have any effect, still get UAC prompt launching GJ from kids account. I am competent with PC administration. I follow instructions carefully.

Well, I have a solution with Version 3.1.2.2 and with 3.2.0.0 that works well and bypasses the UAC. Newer versions don't work anymore, which I'm complaining about all the time. I don't know why but probably my registry tricks won't work anymore.
My .sdb file only seems to work for me, that's strange.

Download this:
Code:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=24da89e9-b581-47b0-b45e-492dd6da2971&displaylang=en

Use this to create a database and apply it.
If the RunAsInvoker thing doesn't work, also click on "run as highest" and if that doesn't work click on "runasadmin"
Code:
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=635

In the attachment there's my registry fix, that can solve some issues.

Please don't tell me to disable UAC. Anybody suggesting that does not manage a PC for kids.
Well, I never will if you read the discussion in the other thread. And well I know now 5 people having the exact same issue.

I tried Matthew's solution using task manager. Did not launch GJ when logging into kids account.
Well, it starts at least something, when you store the admin pass in the config, but actually doesn't start the systray app on my machine.

I am running GJ 3.1.2.2 with Vista Home Basic SP1.
In another thread I reported a fix, that only works with Vista Business and Enterprise and Ultimate. You write a bat file with the /savecred option.

The most final solution to this problem will be if someone writes a seperate .exe file that stores the admin pass and launches gamejackal.
I thought about doing it, but hey why should I spent many hours for that when Slysoft can do that more easily. anyway in the next holidays I think I'll code it. shouldn't be that hard.

When trying to use profiles created under windows 7, I get access violation errors. In addition, my profiles created before moving to windows 7 no longer work.
That is a known issue for me, as Win7 doesn't give full admin rights to GameJackal if you have UAC settings on default. If you want to use GameJackal you need to manually start it by clicking "Run as Administrator" on the context menu. Read about that in the beta thread. I posted there.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

BIG THANKS to Burnerhead for helping to flag this issue and working to fix it. He seems to be the only person doing anything about it - even though he doesn't work for slysoft.
Thank you, I have the same issues here and got so annoyed that I spent days on testing and researching that issue. We can work together if you want. Do you have experience in programming? I have some plans...

But I can tell you, I sent over 10 PMs to matthew with all that stuff I researched and slysoft should be able to fix that so that it works for everyone, not only for IT-professionals.
So you maybe just want to fly over to antigua kick some ass and take home a fix. No offense.

Attachments

• gamejackal.zip
    385 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:
But I can tell you, I sent over 10 PMs to matthew with all that stuff I researched and slysoft should be able to fix that so that it works for everyone, not only for IT-professionals.

And we have look at these options and thank you for your efforts. However we are still looking at a range of long term fixes. FYI - To date we have had no success with the app compatibility method... Although it does remove the UAC prompt, there appears to be issues with how processes are created and the security token they are created with.

So you maybe just want to fly over to antigua kick some ass and take home a fix. No offense.
Hmmm... well I do find that offensive as it is implying that we not doing our job. Bottom line here is that we focus on issues that have the highest impact on our users. This (along with other "features") is in the "to do" list... If you are not happy with the order of this list as determined by SlySoft, you are free to stop using the product!

I've warned you before. Apparently that warning wasn't enough.

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

You have been banned for a week. :policeman:

The next time you repeat this behaviour, you will find your account banned permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back