• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Uablele to delete video files problems

ilive4harleys

When I try and burn a DVD using CloneDVD2, I can burn one. But then when I try to burn another different disc, I get the following message...

Error Message-unable to delete file: C:/CloneDVDTemp/Video_TS/Video_TS.VOB

When I click on the detail It reads

Detail-OSUtilO[WString].

When I re-start the computer, then I can burn one but then I get the same message when trying to burn another second disc. Why is this? What setting do I need to change to make this stop happening? The file is located in OS C: Folder CloneDVDTemp then subfolder Video_TS.

All of a sudden it is happening. It just started to happen. I did not have problems prior to this weekend. Any ideas anyone? I am using the latest 2.9.1.2 and even tried an earlier version and got the same message.:confused:

Thanx much!

When I try and burn a DVD using CloneDVD2, I can burn one. But then when I try to burn another different disc, I get the following message...

Error Message-unable to delete file: C:/CloneDVDTemp/Video_TS/Video_TS.VOB

When I click on the detail It reads

Detail-OSUtilO[WString].

When I re-start the computer, then I can burn one but then I get the same message when trying to burn another second disc. Why is this? What setting do I need to change to make this stop happening? The file is located in OS C: Folder CloneDVDTemp then subfolder Video_TS.

All of a sudden it is happening. It just started to happen. I did not have problems prior to this weekend. Any ideas anyone? I am using the latest 2.9.1.2 and even tried an earlier version and got the same message.:confused:

Thanx much!
You should have CloneDVD set to automatically delete temporary files after writing. You do this on the writing phase of CloneDVD.

You should have CloneDVD set to automatically delete temporary files after writing. You do this on the writing phase of CloneDVD.

I do have it set for that. I just tried it again and again, I have to re-start the computer for every DVD I want to burn. I cannot even do it manually. I read the instructions but it doesn't help. What now? btw this is a new Dell so I do not think it could be the hard drive. As I said, I used the app before but all of a sudden this weeekend, the problem started.

Thanx for your help!

IL4H

I do have it set for that. I just tried it again and again, I have to re-start the computer for every DVD I want to burn. I cannot even do it manually. I read the instructions but it doesn't help. What now? btw this is a new Dell so I do not think it could be the hard drive. As I said, I used the app before but all of a sudden this weeekend, the problem started.

Thanx for your help!

IL4H
Let me guess. You have Vista?

I also have CloneDVD set to delete files, but do so manually, but it will let me. It would be nice if it would delete them, maybe something about changing the default temp location (which I have done to use my larger HD).

I also have CloneDVD set to delete files, but do so manually, but it will let me. It would be nice if it would delete them, maybe something about changing the default temp location (which I have done to use my larger HD).
Are you using Vista?

I'd disable UAC and try it. Also, do you have administrative rights?

Dumb question..how do I disable UAC? And I run as administrator so I should. I am not technically inclined regarding computers. And this is a new one so I am lost especially with Vista.

Thanx for y'alls help!

IL4H

Dumb question..how do I disable UAC? And I run as administrator so I should. I am not technically inclined regarding computers. And this is a new one so I am lost especially with Vista.

Thanx for y'alls help!

IL4H

Launch MSCONFIG by from the Run menu.

Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find "Disable UAC". Click on that line.

Press the Launch button.

A CMD window will open. When the command is done, you can close the window.

Close MSCONFIG. You need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.

Note that you can re-enable UAC by selecting the "Enable UAC" line and then clicking on the Launch button.

I'd disable UAC and try it. Also, do you have administrative rights?

Still did not work. I will try to change the location for the temp folder. Question: how do I do that? Can I just add it to an external drive without any OS on it? If so, how? But then again, It will not even allow me to delete the folder or to remove any files from it? What the hell is happening? Is this G-D's way of screwing with me?

Thanx again!

Still did not work. I will try to change the location for the temp folder. Question: how do I do that? Can I just add it to an external drive without any OS on it? If so, how? But then again, It will not even allow me to delete the folder or to remove any files from it? What the hell is happening? Is this G-D's way of screwing with me?

Thanx again!
You can change the temp folder.

temp.png

Also, you could use an enternal HDD to store the files, but you shouldn't have to.

It worked...thanx much for your help!!!!!

:bowdown: Okay somehow or another, I got it to work. I changed the output folder to an external disc and bam I was able to copy multiple discs. I do not know why this has happened. I do not know what I did to make it work other than to change the folder output. In the past, I tried to make a new folder and got a message that the .vob files are not there or something like that. I don't know..I just tried the discs burnt and they seem to work. Of course, I have an old DVD player and when I move, I will be buying a new one. I have some DL DVD+R (Verbatim) but they are too expensive so I try to keep the compression to 60% or higher. If not, then I am going to try the splitting deal. I want the DL mostly for music but I have been told by some and seen posts that state the difference is negligible and unnoticeable except on a theater size screen. The price is expensive and HD is really ridiculous not to mention Blu-Ray.

But I digress. Thank you very much for your help with this. I will see what happens tomorrow when I try to burn other discs but at least, it worked today. Thanx for your patience and help. :bowdown:

:bowdown: Okay somehow or another, I got it to work. I changed the output folder to an external disc and bam I was able to copy multiple discs. I do not know why this has happened. I do not know what I did to make it work other than to change the folder output. In the past, I tried to make a new folder and got a message that the .vob files are not there or something like that. I don't know..I just tried the discs burnt and they seem to work. Of course, I have an old DVD player and when I move, I will be buying a new one. I have some DL DVD+R (Verbatim) but they are too expensive so I try to keep the compression to 60% or higher. If not, then I am going to try the splitting deal. I want the DL mostly for music but I have been told by some and seen posts that state the difference is negligible and unnoticeable except on a theater size screen. The price is expensive and HD is really ridiculous not to mention Blu-Ray.

But I digress. Thank you very much for your help with this. I will see what happens tomorrow when I try to burn other discs but at least, it worked today. Thanx for your patience and help. :bowdown:
Glad to hear you got it to work but the real problem still isn't solved.

Then I would try to change the temp folder location.
I have. I first, and now, have it going to a large storage drive (E) but had tried using the C:CloneDVDTemp folder, same results, no deletion.
One thing odd (among many) with XP is that folders seem to all have Read Only attrib, and cannot be removed. I've researched this on the net and there seems to be no answer other than Microsoft says it shouldn't effect file deletion/reading/writing, just has something to do with customized folders. Everything seems to work fine, other than I either manually delete the last files or allow CloneDVD to overwrite them. My worry there is that files may get written to disc that shouldn't be, if they don't get overwritten (more files last burn than current burn). So I just delete before a new project.

I have. I first, and now, have it going to a large storage drive (E) but had tried using the C:CloneDVDTemp folder, same results, no deletion.
One thing odd (among many) with XP is that folders seem to all have Read Only attrib, and cannot be removed. I've researched this on the net and there seems to be no answer other than Microsoft says it shouldn't effect file deletion/reading/writing, just has something to do with customized folders. Everything seems to work fine, other than I either manually delete the last files or allow CloneDVD to overwrite them. My worry there is that files may get written to disc that shouldn't be, if they don't get overwritten (more files last burn than current burn). So I just delete before a new project.
Do you have administrative rights?

Do you have administrative rights?
Yes, I am the administrator on this machine. I recently reinstalled CloneDVD (for the video fragments issue in another thread), and still the deletion of temp files isn't working, unless these are other than the ifo vob files.

Back