• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Two sided to DVD-5

RichMc

I've been trying to back up Michel Collins, this is an old flipper and I want to put it on a single side DVD-5. The problem is this, the first side rips fine with AnyDVD (both DVD & ISO). The second side rips with all the features but the VTS for the last part of the film comes up with 968,490Kb but if flagged with a length of 00:01:43. If I do a stright CloneDVD of each side they run fine, if I try to splice them with DVD Shrink I loose the second side compleatly, If I try Nero recode it tells me I've run out of space.
Is there a way to change the length of the VTS (I think this must be an attempt at copy protection) or otherwise getting the two sides together?

Try DVD2One. It has a flipper feature. Might help.

The origional reason the source disk was make into a DVD-10 (dual sided single layer) is because the sum of both sides WON'T FIT on a DVD-5 single sided single layer max 4.7gb.

If you want to put both sides of a DVD-10 then you are going to need a bigger disk like a DVD-9 single sided dual layer max 8.5gb.

Rip both folders or ISO images to the hard drive with protections removed and load both folders or ISO images into Imgburn and burn to a DVD-9 with NO COMPRESSION.
:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he doesn't mind compressing it to fit on a SL DVD-r but wants both sides on 1 disc

Rip both folders or ISO images to the hard drive with protections removed and load both folders or ISO images into Imgburn and burn to a DVD-9 with NO COMPRESSION.
:agree:
Didn't knew you could add two ISO files and have them burned to the same DL disc in ImgBurn. :confused:

It's not about adding ISO's.

He outta be able to rip both sides (to folders) with AnyDVD and then suck the 2 parts he wants out of the rips with Shrink.. and combine them to one disks worth.

-W

Adbear has got it! I want a single sided DVD-5, the whole film is around 5.5gig so not too much loss there if I can join it and then clone it down. Shrink ought to do it (DVD2one is way too expensive free would be nice!) but everyone is missing the point. On the second side the last part of the film is near 1gig long but the file atributes say its about 1min 40sec long, the original disc plays but all the S/W I've tried can't handle the false file length. thanks guys any more ideas please.:confused:

false file lengths

I don't Reburn copies, but I use CDM's vob passtrough feature and have false file lengths on 50% of my extracts. I use VideoReDo's quickstream fix tool to fix the video frame timestamps? and get correct file lengths. This tool seems to be a high speed copy operation that inputs a vob or mpg file and outputs an mpg file. You may be able to rename the file extension back to vob and use a tool to reauthor the iso file. videoredo has a trial period if you want to check it out.

I've been trying to back up Michel Collins, this is an old flipper and I want to put it on a single side DVD-5. The problem is this, the first side rips fine with AnyDVD (both DVD & ISO). The second side rips with all the features but the VTS for the last part of the film comes up with 968,490Kb but if flagged with a length of 00:01:43. If I do a straight CloneDVD of each side they run fine, if I try to splice them with DVD Shrink I loose the second side completely, If I try Nero recode it tells me I've run out of space.
Is there a way to change the length of the VTS (I think this must be an attempt at copy protection) or otherwise getting the two sides together?

Out of curiosity ... I tried this title ...

I was unable to duplicate any trouble ...

I backed up Each side - to a HDD Folder using CloneDVD2
I then used 'Reauthor" mode with DVDShrink - to Compile the Movie to one Disc

You do realize that when using DVDShrink in 'Compilation"
You lose All Menu functions ?

Take only the Movie Title-set - from each Side a/b Disc
... and ... I used DVDShrink's 'Start/End frame edit"
- to remove the short 'blackout' between the two Volumes

The Compression needed to fit on a DVD5 was minimal

I guess you could add the "Special Feature" Title-set on to the End of the Movie
- but I didn't myself
I guess the Special Feature" Title would just play - after the Movie
( No Menus )

My Compilation Back-up plays fine - and in it's entirety
If you didn't know it
- You really wouldn't know it had been 'spliced'
It plays pretty much seamless

I've only Compiled a few of these 'flipper' Discs
- So I doubt I did anything too overly Complicated (?)

I would start over again from scratch ... from the Original Disc
DVD Shrink Compilation Guide

:)

Last edited:
Done it!

Thanks Shannon, I've just tried shrink again and the time error seems to have been corrected. The way I joined it up was using Nero to import the two sets of VTS and opt for merge files, then create chapters, and used a stock title and chapter set and burnt to DVD-5. I havn't watched in the big screen but on the PC it looks ok (despite being Nero'ed). Thanks to all for your input, sometimes you cant let go when you want to get a DVD your way.:rock:

Back