• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Two Feature Requests For CloneDVD

Anthony1uk

Given Redfox has risen from the ashes. I figured now would possibly be the best time to ask for two features to be added to CloneDVD and also explaining my reason for wanting this to explain why I feel its something worth adding.

Is there anyway you can offer

1. A frame start and end cutting feature. Similar to what DVDshrink had all of those years back.

2. The ability to seamlessly join two DVD items together similar to what DVD2One had all those years back.

My reason for asking this is what I like to do is to make two parter TV episodes into one long one and then convert them with handbrake to x264 to keep on my HTPC.

So to do this I want to cut out the end credits on the first episode. Then the "next week on" segment explaining what will happen in part two. And then cut the starting credits off the second episode and also cut out the "last time on..." repeat segment rehashing the previous episode.

To do this needs frame cutting

Then I want to seamlessly join them together so it runs as if it was one long movie with no pauses.

To do what should be a simple task at the moment, is a very laborious process usually taking about an hour to just set this up using multiple software.

I would love it if there was a simple way to do this as an all in one and all with CloneDVD.

Given Redfox has risen from the ashes. I figured now would possibly be the best time to ask for two features to be added to CloneDVD
It's been mentioned previously that the developers of CloneDVD - Elaborate Bytes - do frequent the forum from time to time.
Making suggestions to them directly might get you a (quicker) response: http://www.elby.ch/contact.html

Yeah I emailed them to ask, and they replied and said wont be happening.

To be honest any other DVD remastering software providers reading this. If you added this, I would buy it. As it seems no software offers this pretty reasonable to expect task.

Yeah I emailed them to ask, and they replied and said wont be happening.

To be honest any other DVD remastering software providers reading this. If you added this, I would buy it. As it seems no software offers this pretty reasonable to expect task.
Probably because there are plenty of other software out there that do this already -that is alot of programming it's not as simple as you think. CloneDVD is not a remastering DVD program.

Probably because there are plenty of other software out there that do this already

.......Such as?

If Slysoft or Elby do not offer this, have no intentions of offering this. Then I personally think they wont mind you mentioning the software that will do this on the forums.

.......Such as?

If Slysoft or Elby do not offer this, have no intentions of offering this. Then I personally think they wont mind you mentioning the software that will do this on the forums.
There are some out there but since you didn't google and find them-seemingly not wanting to find them since they aren't elby or RedFox product no mention of those will be made here. RedFox is for elby and RedFox software they are not here to advertise other software if you want those then go and find those and use them.

There are some out there but since you didn't google and find them-seemingly not wanting to find them since they aren't elby or RedFox product no mention of those will be made here. RedFox is for elby and RedFox software they are not here to advertise other software if you want those then go and find those and use them.

I have googled extensively and not found anything. But then again, what terms would you search for as a load of hits give you files on how to join the likes of AVI files, or the like but not DVD Vobs.

I do own VideoReDo TVSuite v5. I even upgraded to v5 from the v4 that I owned just on the hope it did this. It doesn't. Or not very easily. Its a pain in the backside unless I am not doing it right.

You need to open one episode. Rip out the parts. Convert it to MKV and extract it. Then open up the disk again and do it all again for the second episode. And extract that as a MKV. And then open up the app again and join the two MKVs where you get a joined MKV at the end.

No way to do it all in one. And no way to output it as a DVD. Unless I am totally not doing it right (there are no instructions on how to do this as DVD editing is new to just v5.

People have PMed me a couple of suggestions of apps but they don't do it either.

So its not as simple to find as you suggest.

When you load the DVD are all episodes displayed on the timeline? If so, edit out the undesired parts of episode one. Use the save as button, the use trim unselect button. This will trim out episode one and allow editing on the remaining file. Repeat this process for all episodes. Then use the joiner tools to merge the individual files.

Side note: VRD doesn't do DVD subtitles, can't remember the name of another editor that claims it can, maybe another member can chime in.

Back