• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Two BR-rip questions

Nova Phoenix

Hi all. Now to business...

1) If I get a BR that comes on a 50GB disc, and then strip it of all content EXCEPT the main movie and the primary audio, is it possible that the end result might then fit onto a 25GB disc? Take "300" for example. This is a good movie for this question.

2) Say I encode a BR that was in MPEG2 video format into a H264 (AVC?) file. Assuming I turn on all the best quality options (assume I use Megui), will the resulting file look better than the original BR itself?

(and btw, if there is a better tool out there than megui, let me know. just be sure a quad-core, 8-gigs-ram, 64-bit vista machine can run it fast!)

I'm looking to burn a whole lot of DVDs and BRs in the near future. I'll burn them to disc at first. But if a PC reads from a HDD faster than an optical disc, then I might go for that...

...assuming I can store the files on X amount of TB HDDs. *foresees that a lot of them will be needed* Too bad that SSDs are too small in space and expensive atm!

Hi all. Now to business...

1) If I get a BR that comes on a 50GB disc, and then strip it of all content EXCEPT the main movie and the primary audio, is it possible that the end result might then fit onto a 25GB disc? Take "300" for example. This is a good movie for this question.

2) Say I encode a BR that was in MPEG2 video format into a H264 (AVC?) file. Assuming I turn on all the best quality options (assume I use Megui), will the resulting file look better than the original BR itself?

(and btw, if there is a better tool out there than megui, let me know. just be sure a quad-core, 8-gigs-ram, 64-bit vista machine can run it fast!)

I'm looking to burn a whole lot of DVDs and BRs in the near future. I'll burn them to disc at first. But if a PC reads from a HDD faster than an optical disc, then I might go for that...

...assuming I can store the files on X amount of TB HDDs. *foresees that a lot of them will be needed* Too bad that SSDs are too small in space and expensive atm!

1) yes, check the following threads:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11770&highlight=guide
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15582&highlight=25gb+blu-ray

2) no

Back