• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TV Series

Killer Ecko

I am new to this process so I hope that someone can help me figure this out. I have been successful making copies of individual DVD movies like Back to the Future, Fight Club, & Joe Dirt. I am trying to make a digital copy of my DVD collection of The Office. I am not sure how to make the copies so that I can access them via a single menu and then select season and then select episode, much like how you would access a series on Netflix, Hulu, or other system. I am storing all of my movie collection on my private server and use Plex to stream them to watch. I appreciate any help.

You don't with CDVDM. CDVDm only converts DVD structures into single file (mp4 etc) video files. Plex uses it's own navigational structure and labels things based on filename.

Any suggestion for how to make this work with any other applications?

How to make what work? CDVDm (although it can be buggy) does exactly what it needs to do. Turn a title on a DVD into a single video file. That's it, that's its job. Anything beyond is not CDVDm's job. In this case that's Plex's job. If you organise the files properly according to the plex naming convention plex will do the work eg

\TV-Shows
>> The Office (Folder holding all seasons)
>>>>> Season 1 (folder holding all S1 episodes)
>>>>>>>>> The_Office-S01E01-<insert title>.mp4
>>>>>>>>> The_Office-S01E02-<insert title>.mp4
>>>>> Season 2 (folder holding all S2 episodes)

Plex will then make an entry for "The Office" in the TV-show library, showing each season, and when clicking on a season it'll list all episodes in that season

Again, that's Plex's job. Not CDVDm's.

Any suggestion for how to make this work with any other applications?

Ch3vr0n is telling you one of the best ways. The method he uses is what I do. I have some new boxed sets I bought I am doing this with now and I will tell you my "process".

1) I use handbrake to rip every episode into a general directory. I will just add each episode on the disc into the handbrake queue and then tell it to process the queue (which is the episodes on the disk)
2) Once I have done that with every disc I will go through and rename the episodes as per Ch3vr0n's method which is just what Plex requires to identify a series and episodes.
3) Copy the whole thing over to my Plex storage and let plex scan it and add it.
4) Play the series in Plex

One caveat to naming is Plex can handle all the episodes in 1 folder now so long as they are named properly but I find doing what Ch3vr0n suggests with 1 season per folder to be very handy.

Ch3vr0n, you are my hero! The process you outlined is working perfectly!
DQ, thank you for the additional info.
I have been double checking the title information on the episodes as they show up in Plex ad so far, the program is pulling that information accurately with each episode.

Back