• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tutorial for removing Cinivia doesn't cover making a MKV rip

CountryBumkin

A little off-topic, but which player did you use? AFAIK PowerDVD will not check for Cinavia, if you play a file from harddisk. TMT (may it rest in peace) does. Or did you play the .mkv from an optical disc (DVD, Blu-ray)?
But it is always good to have AnyDVD installed on a playback PC... ;)

I rip all my movies to MKV on my HTPC (and store on its internal HDs) that is running ANY DVD HD and JRiver Media Center 22. The computer I rip with is in my home office. Then I play back the movies on my HTPCs in family room or bedroom.

Both family room and bedroom HTPCs are running JRiver Media Center but do not have AnyDVD HD on them. Can I use the same ANY DVD HD license on all my home computers (I don't want to buy three copies)? All my home computers are running JRiver software and hard-wired through 100MB-1GB home network.

I doubt this is my first Cinavia title that I've ripped, - but this is the first time I've seen the Cinavia message. I've never down converted the Audio before - that much I'm sure of. The JRiver program is "unlicensed software". The last change on this HTPC was the Win10 Creator update.

Last edited:
Post split and moved. License questions such as yours do not belong in a cinavia removal topic. The 2 are unrelated. You can install it yes, but only 1 can have AnyDVD active at any given time. Though in the end SlySoft had always (and so does RedFox) condoned an extra install eg on PC and laptop. Though 3 might be pushing it.

As to the jriver thing, it's unaffected by cinavia as it's not a licensed player.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

I rip all my movies to MKV on my HTPC (and store on its internal HDs) that is running ANY DVD HD and JRiver Media Center 22. The computer I rip with is in my home office. Then I play back the movies on my HTPCs in family room or bedroom.

Both family room and bedroom HTPCs are running JRiver Media Center but do not have AnyDVD HD on them. Can I use the same ANY DVD HD license on all my home computers (I don't want to buy three copies)? All my home computers are running JRiver software and hard-wired through 100MB-1GB home network.

I doubt this is my first Cinavia title that I've ripped, - but this is the first time I've seen the Cinavia message. I've never down converted the Audio before - that much I'm sure of. The JRiver program is "unlicensed software". The last change on this HTPC was the Win10 Creator update.
I am not familiar with JRiver (@SamuriHL might chime in), but if this software cannot play original Blu-ray discs (I don't think, it can), it will not detect Cinavia.
Cinavia is only an issue on devices capable to play original Blu-ray discs. In other words, a Blu-ray player or commercial Blu-ray software for PCs (PowerDVD, WinDVD).
Kodi & Co. don't care about Cinavia.

Pure 'luck' I guess.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

I am not familiar with JRiver (@SamuriHL might chime in), but if this software cannot play original Blu-ray discs (I don't think, it can), it will not detect Cinavia.
Cinavia is only an issue on devices capable to play original Blu-ray discs. In other words, a Blu-ray player or commercial Blu-ray software for PCs (PowerDVD, WinDVD).
Kodi & Co. don't care about Cinavia.

Correct. JRiver is not a licensed AACS-LA player. It requires an unprotected source and therefore has no cinavia detection at all.

Back