• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TubeDigger, While We Wait

zanetti

Here I'll share a small tut for downloading stuff off of PlutoTV, ABC, NBC, in fact any video thats not DRM protected (I tested it with abovementioned websites). I use it to add stuff to my library and preserving tokens in AS. Most of the stuff is 720p and AAC audio, but 1080p can be found (grabbed first 9 episodes of Blade Runner Black Lotus off of VRV in 1080p).

Dont expect higher bitrate audio tracks, usually they are AAC from 96kbps to 128kbps, stereo. Not good, but not bad either. So far Ive grabbed all 6 seasons of 'Becker' and 2 seasons (70 episodes each) of 'Deal Or No Deal' off of PlutoTV and two seasons of '8 Simple Rules' off of ABC (these were 720p with bitrate of cca 3500kbps, but audio was still just AAC 128kbps). A few months ago I also grabbed a season or two of 'Battlefield' off of NBC, if I remember correctly (these were 1080p).

1) get TubeDigger (20$ iirc)
2) install Link Gopher for Firefox
3) open PlutoTV/NBC/ABC
4) select a (free) show
5) goto season page
6) click on Link Gopher
7) select 'Extract All Links'
8) new tab opens with all the links, save it as .html
9) open TubeDigger
10) click on 'Bookmarks'
11) then 'Import'
12) import the .html file from step 8
13) select all non-essential links, leaving only episodes' links
14) MUST click on 'Remove' then 'OK' (if you remove & close 'Bookmarks' window changes wont be saved)
15) open 'Bookmarks' again
16) doubleclick first link/bookmark
17) TubeDigger will load the page in the upper screen
18) .srt and .ts file will appear in bottom screen
19) select them and click 'Download'

A few notes: Yes, there is no queue/batch. You have to click each and every episode link and let it load in upper portion of TubeDigger's window. When the link loads there may be some .mp4 files detected and sometimes .srt files will appear in dozes for a video thats loaded. Just delete them, and leave only .ts file that usually has the same title as the loaded .srt file.

Also, here are a few protips:

Open 'Convert' and select 'Convert to MP4 without transcoding' (its fast even on my anemic 200GE).

In 'Settings' select/check the following:
- convert automatically
- start next idle download after finished one
- use built-in name detection
- download accelerator (use what you wish, I tried everything, download speeds never exceed 3MB/s no matter the website)

I surely forgot something, but its a pretty simple program, youll figure it out.
Cheers!

EDIT: Just found out that all shows available on CW are 1080p with insane video bitrates of 10000kbps. Audio is crap at 128kbps, but still. I didnt find anything interesting, but its worth noting. Plex, Tubi, Popcornflix are a no go, sadly. Tubi spews out a DRM error (due to crappy engine of TubeDigger I presume), and Popcornflix doesnt even display links when clicking on stuff on their website (I didnt inspect further, you might have a solution for this and if you do, do share).

P.S. Mods, if this is an inappropriate topic, feel free to trash it. I apologize in that case.

Last edited:
You can also tap into some paid services if you have a subscription. I suggest that people who have Tubedigger give it a try. One service in particular is odd in that while I can download (yes - in DL mode) TV content, I cannot download movie content.

Is it not just less complex and less steps to use youtube_dl for this purpose?

I don't use zanetti's method. I have bookmarks to various sites. No more difficult than tabs in AS. However, it does not hold login information, so that's a bit of a drag. But that's it - navigate to what you want and presto - so long as DRM is limited or non existent.

It just seems like a lot of work to do just to watch a movie. But hey, different stokes for different folks I guess, just have fun doing it.;)

In general, yes. But yt-dl cannot download everything, as the other downloaders I use, especially if it is encrypted (DRM).
TubeDigger was the only way for me to got a video on Joyn, not even StreamFab was able to do it (yes, they have a Joyn module and that is working, but that sub-site of joyn seems to be a different layout, so SF keeps reloading this site and never showes anything. I reported it long (some month, 3 or so) ago, but it never got fixed).

In general, yes. But yt-dl cannot download everything, as the other downloaders I use, especially if it is encrypted (DRM).
TubeDigger was the only way for me to got a video on Joyn, not even StreamFab was able to do it (yes, they have a Joyn module and that is working, but that sub-site of joyn seems to be a different layout, so SF keeps reloading this site and never showes anything. I reported it long (some month, 3 or so) ago, but it never got fixed).
Is SF really worth it? I was going to try it before I got AS. March over a year ago when they offered all new modules for free. It seems like nothing works when I read about it. Is that true?

Last edited:
Is SF really worth it? I was going to try it before I got AS. March over a year ago when they offered all new modules for free. It seems like nothing works when I read about it. Is that true?
I cannot tell that. I only tried one provider they have a module for, for that it worked but the videos with another layout don't and it is still not fixed.
Aside that I only tried to download from some sites they don't have a module for, and it did not work. Apparently they only use yt-dl as well, since the error message included it... No idea why I should pay then.

Last edited:
That's what I thought. I have looked at their forum and it seems like some modules have never worked. They have new versions every couple days it seems like. I would just like to have Peacock and Apple TV but from what I have read they don't seem to work.

Yes, StreamFab works. I reluctantly bought a lifetime license for StreamFab after learning that AnyStream Plus will never support completely free streaming services such as Crackle, Tubi, Plex, Roku, and UKTV Play, which are often the only source for obscure old shows. Unfortunately, I couldn't find another program that can download from them. I use AnyStream Plus whenever possible and switch to StreamFab only for services which AnyStream doesn't support.

Last edited:
You know what I never understood about SF? They have their main website with the SF program and they charge hundreds of dollars. They also have many clones that literally cost $50 a year. Why do people give them so much money when there’s a cheaper option.

If the main program you like to use is AS, but you also want some options, I suggest getting one of the clones. It’s literally the same thing as the main program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest getting one of the clones. It’s literally the same thing as the main program.
So you say it doesn't matter if they are original or clone? Both of them are programs, downloaders? :whistle::p

If you don't understand this one, you have to watch the first Pokémon movie.

So you say it doesn't matter if they are original or clone? Both of them are programs, downloaders? :whistle::p

If you don't understand this one, you have to watch the first Pokémon movie.

Guess I’m going to have to watch it. I only saw the series.

But indeed SF and it’s clones are the same thing. If you go on some of the clone sites you’ll even see some of the SF mods commenting. They also share the same issues. And you may receive updates around the same time.

You know what I never understood about SF? They have their main website with the SF program and they charge hundreds of dollars. They also have many clones that literally cost $50 a year. Why do people give them so much money when there’s a cheaper option.

If the main program you like to use is AS, but you also want some options, I suggest getting one of the clones. It’s literally the same thing as the main program.

After six years, $50 a year becomes more than a lifetime subscription.

After six years, $50 a year becomes more than a lifetime subscription.

This is true, but I wasn’t recommending people continue to buy a one-year license for 6 years straight. I mainly talking about those who have a lifetime license with AS and just want to check out the other program. You’re forgetting this program is going to get better as it goes on.

Yes. Nothing works. Except for their payment provider.:p
That is true. They still haven't fixed HBO Max or Apple TV for over a year or the latest DRM update yet. Thanks for the excellent software and support!! Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!! :):):)(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
That is true. They still haven't fixed HBO Max for over a year or the latest DRM update yet. Thanks for the excellent software and support!! Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!!
Happy Holidays and a Great New Year also my friend.;)

Back