• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

.ts mpeg files to DVD

newgen2005

Does anyone know of any encoders which will allow you to re-encode demuxed .ts mpeg (BR) files to DVD. I have tried Ulead Video Studio, Pinnacle, Adode Prem but they don't allow you to import these files!!! The only one that works is Nero but the movie has a slight judder when encoded. Is there a program which will convert them to a different format which keeps the HD quality that the above programs will accept?

Last edited:
Why do people make the assumption that a .ts is always mpeg? It's a container, not a codec. In fact, MOST BD's are AVC with a few being VC1 and the older ones being MPEG2. As you probably have now guessed, it's not a simple matter of making a DVD out of the .ts file. The video stream must be converted to an actual MPEG2 stream. Nero Vision should do this, but, as you've noted, it's not perfect. The first thing to do is figure out what kind of video stream you're dealing with and then find an appropriate encoder to handle converting it to MPEG2. Definitely not a straightforward process at all.

Nonetheless, if you want the "easy" solution, buy yourself a copy of ConvertXToDVD by VSO software. It will take the .ts file and transcode it to a full DVD structure.

Uh, "trying" a 500 dollar encoder doesn't seem like the best of ideas, but, maybe that's just me. :)

Well it was just a suggestion as it normally takes anything I throw at it, especially if it's a demuxed stream

It's not a bad suggestion necessarily, just an expensive one. :) I've read good things about it.

Well in theory if he's purchased the other bits of software he's already spent over $900 on those. I get mine free as I work for a company that sells video editing systems so I need to know how to use them

Then you're one lucky SOB! :D I'd give my left 2 lugnuts for a gig like that. :) I do a LOT of video work on a daily basis. Generally it's recording video off our cable system, editing commercials, converting it to divx, and bringing them in for people at work to watch on their lunch break. I find Video ReDo and Show Analyzer to be invaluable for this job. I also wrote a script that I can pass arguments to that can control my WinPVR 250 card through command line(and run show analyzer while it's recording) and also kick off the mencoder process to reencode the video to divx after I've massaged the cut points that show analyzer gives me in video redo. Truly a wonderful process!

Thanks for the replies guys. I have just tried Super Convertor, encoded around 2 minutes, seems the best yet :)

Will let you know how I get on. Will also try ConvertXToDVD.

Update:

ConvertXToDVD handles the files and encoding quality is great but the end result is out of sync audio :(

Back