• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trying to purchase, but please forgive my stupidity,

little_mike

I hope I'm doing this right.

I'm trying to purchase a license for Anystream+, and I've made it as far as trying to send the payment over via PayPal, but it keeps telling me the address is not valid. Even scanning the QR code is getting me nowhere. Quite truthfully, I'm just at my wits end and I can't even think anymore.

Can anyone please help me complete this purchase?

I can see your 3 orders attempts, each one's BTC address is 100% valid, so it's PayPal who is wrong.
One reason could be that you try to pay in another crypto currency than Bitcoin (BTC), If not, you have to ask PayPal why they refuse the address (especially the last order's address, as this is the currently active one, but you still can use the other 2 as well).

Thank you for the speedy reply. I did cancel the first two attempts because of issues on my end, and I had thought for sure that the old saying 'third times the charm' would be the case here with my latest try. Thing is, I'm right at the end of what seems to be the proper handshake, but PayPal is still telling me to make sure I have the correct address, then it fails to complete the transaction.

I'm in the US, so I'll give them a call tomorrow and get to the bottom of it. Everything else however is just as it should be, and I am using Bitcoin. Matter of fact, I followed the PayPal instructions listed on your site down to the letter, and something is still amiss.

It's almost bedtime over here, but if you would please, can you keep the current order open until I can find a resolution?

In the meantime, I'd like to apologize for the unexpected hassle. I'm so sorry for this.

**Edit**

Just wanted to add, shown below is the exact problem I'm having when finalizing the order. I'm not sure though if anyone else has encountered this same error.

error.png

Last edited:
You're right, but it's actually the tail end of the link from the QR code when using the QR scanner through PayPal. I'm willing to bet though it's probably something quirky with the translation. It's just so frustrating.

It's after midnight though, so I figure on starting fresh tomorrow with a much clearer head.

Thank you my friend.

You just need the random looking string of numbers and letters. The QR code is most probably meant to be opened in a new tab and not inserted into that field. But I have never used it, so I cannot say if it did that automatically.

Here's what I learned from calling PayPal and trying to get to the bottom of this...

If anyone in the US has the same idea that I did of just transferring money from PayPal to Bitcoin and trying to purchase the software, or any purchase for that matter, PayPal places a mandatory 48hr hold on the funds to prevent fraud or any other issues. Makes sense I guess, but I wish they would mention that on their website. It would have avoided a ton of worrying and issues like the one I mentioned above.

Thank you Mike for your feedback, this is very helpful. I'll update my guide and add the 48hr hold.

Regarding the screenshot "Send BTC":
Looks like you scanned our QR code (official standard QR code for crypto) , which consists of subject, amount, crypto currency, and wallet address.
Instead of interpreting the QR code correctly, it seems that PayPal expects the address only - so you might have to enter (copy/paste) the BTC address only.

Instead of interpreting the QR code correctly, it seems that PayPal expects the address only - so you might have to enter (copy/paste) the BTC address only.

That's something else I learned the hard way. I'm supposed to be to use the camera within PayPal to scan the QR, and everything should be ready to go. That wasn't the case at all, or at least I don't believe so. I'll know for sure when my 48hrs is up. I can tell you that using the full link with the amount, order number and etc... PayPal seemed to spit right back out again. It didn't like it at all.

However, when I tried just entering the BTC address, I was able to get a whole lot further, yet still hitting the roadblock/popup of being 'unable to complete the transaction at this time'. I'm sure either way, as soon as the holds are lifted, it'll more than likely be a different experience, albeit a positive one this time around.

I just want to clarify one more thing. I've been with PayPal for over 20yrs, and it's been a good relationship. In that time, I've just now dipped my toes in, so to speak, of doing this crypto thing. It's quite possible the 48hr hold is simply because I'm somewhat new in that area, (meaning that if somebody who has already established a few transactions via BTC might have not had the same experience or restrictions). The representative wasn't very detailed on the reasons for the hold other than for security measures and looking out the member's best interest, etc etc... I didn't questions her intentions though, everything seemed legit, and probably just the current standard procedure.

Here's what I learned from calling PayPal and trying to get to the bottom of this...

If anyone in the US has the same idea that I did of just transferring money from PayPal to Bitcoin and trying to purchase the software, or any purchase for that matter, PayPal places a mandatory 48hr hold on the funds to prevent fraud or any other issues. Makes sense I guess, but I wish they would mention that on their website. It would have avoided a ton of worrying and issues like the one I mentioned above.
This is where I’m at. I did LTC instead of BTC just to be different. I bought a couple of dollars extra to try and cover changes in value. Instead of 48 hours, I got a pop up message from PayPal that said 3 to 5 business days. Bummer there but I’ll try Friday afternoon and hope for the 48 hours. Otherwise it’ll be the middle of next week before I’m up and running.

I totally understand. Timing is exactly what I'm thinking about right now. I'm still on the trial but I regret not doing all of this sooner. Reason being, I would have already had all of the payment delays behind me and I wouldn't be rushed about trying to grab a few more things before the month ends. I pretty much fell in love with the program immediately, so why I didn't just pull the trigger after the first batch still has me shaking my head. On the plus side, I do notice that once something leaves one streaming service, it just appears on another... sometimes.

This is where I’m at. I did LTC instead of BTC just to be different. I bought a couple of dollars extra to try and cover changes in value. Instead of 48 hours, I got a pop up message from PayPal that said 3 to 5 business days. Bummer there but I’ll try Friday afternoon and hope for the 48 hours. Otherwise it’ll be the middle of next week before I’m up and running.
Darn…..over 48 hours and my LTC is still not available. I guess when they said “3 to 5 business days” they meant 3 to 5 business days. So it’s back to “hurry up and wait” for me.

I won't even begin to guess why the change in waiting times from BTC to LTC, perhaps different restrictions, could be anything really. If you're in the US like I am, sometimes a transaction processed after 2pm is automatically considered next business day. So in a sense, that first day doesn't even count. It won't be much longer though. (y)

I'll admit, my frustration levels were pretty high from this being my first time dealing with crypto, but in the end, I'd have no worries doing it again.

Last edited:
For security reasons, crypto transactions to external wallets might be manually reviewed by a PayPal employee - which is good because once transactions is done, there is no way to get back your money. They just want to make sure that it's really you and nothing is fishy. Depending on the workload and the employee's mood, they might take more or less time.

Yay my PayPal LTC was released from hold and I now have my license. For any future potential customers reading this thread, my initial attempt to send payment resulted in a pop up window from PayPal saying it will take 3 to 5 business days for the LTC to be reviewed. It ended up taking 4 business days as I purchased the LTC on a Wed. late afternoon and was able to send it Tuesday evening. I never noticed anything different on my PayPal account indicating the release. I just kept trying to send it each evening and eventually it went through.

I did receive an email from RedFox after 3 days saying the order could not be processed because payment wasn’t received in time. This would have been worrisome if I hadn’t been reading other people’s sagas on the forum. All I had to do was send a PM to Ivan letting him know the situation. He responded that when my LTC was released to either send the original amount and let him know so they could look for the payment and reactivate the order or I could do a new order if the LTC valuation would require a smaller amount of LTC. I chose the first option because I didn’t want to bother filling out the order form again.

The whole process turned out to be easier than I thought it would be. The hardest part was waiting on PayPal to release the hold on the LTC.

Back