• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trying to open ISO files and nothing happens!

tss98

Virtual CloneDrive worked great in the past! Now all of the sudden, when I try to open an ISO file... nothing happens! The ISO files all seem to be showing the sheep icon so it is recognizing that fact that the ISO files can be opened by Virtual CloneDrive. However, when I click to Mount the files... Nothing happens! And when I try do anything else with that ISO file (like move it to another folder); it states that the file is IN USE! I am using a work computer so I am wondering if possible something has changed with the McAfee that is installed and maybe is blocking it in some way. Would a virus scan software setting somehow block the Virtual CloneDrive process?

Virtual CloneDrive failing for me as well

Virtual CloneDrive worked great in the past! Now all of the sudden, when I try to open an ISO file... nothing happens! The ISO files all seem to be showing the sheep icon so it is recognizing that fact that the ISO files can be opened by Virtual CloneDrive. However, when I click to Mount the files... Nothing happens! And when I try do anything else with that ISO file (like move it to another folder); it states that the file is IN USE! I am using a work computer so I am wondering if possible something has changed with the McAfee that is installed and maybe is blocking it in some way. Would a virus scan software setting somehow block the Virtual CloneDrive process?

I have seen sort of the same behavior on Win7 on an Acer netbook which never had a physical CD/DVD Drive.
The latest version of VCD 5.4.7.0 seems to install correctly and I am able to "Close" at end of install. However for me the Shell Extension never gets installed. Like you I see the Virtual Sheep icon/logo on *.ISO files however when I right-click I expect to see the "Mount with" but that never appears. As you say nothing ever happens and I am unable to use VCD although it sure looks like its running... I'm not sure why this is...

also in windows 10

Hi

please check your device manager if the drives are working well
If there is an exclamation mark before the virtual clonedrive there is something wrong with the installation

this topic is already under discussion under thread "Virtual Clone Drive Registry Issue"

Use VCD 5.4.6.0 and all is fine. I've had the same problem as well. However, an upgrade to Win10 fixed it.

Use VCD 5.4.6.0 and all is fine. I've had the same problem as well.

There is an easy workaround for this occasional problem under Windows 7:

1.) Copy the setup file (5.4.7.0 or later) to your computer, e.g. the desktop.
2.) Right-click the setup file.
3.) Select compatibility.
4.) Set compatibility to "Windows XP Service Pack 3"
5.) Click ok.

Now install VCD. All should be well.

Warning: If you update your OS now to Windows 8/8.1/10, VCD will misbehave and must be reinstalled (WITHOUT the compatibility trick!).
All should be well again.

Back