• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

trying to disable downmixing of DTS-HD on analog 5.1

spiroth10

I dont have digital speakers, and I'm trying to bypass this darn protected media path thing thats absolutely ruining video content I HAVE LEGALLY PURCHASED. which brought me here (I vowed to create software to bypass it myself if nobody else has already) -- and im sure many others came in the same pursuit.

I'm not sure if its working, since DTS-HD is still showing up as 48KHZ in powerDVD (although installing anydvd brought it up to 24bit)
it should be 96Khz no?

I can't tell if its really working or not, since I dont know how to obtain the info from reclock -- not powerdvd. in the settings I tried setting it to 96, 24 bit, but in powerdvd it STILL says 48 -- so Im thinking it isnt working.

is it because I dont have a bitstreaming capable device and I'm playing analog?

I'm also trying out arcsoft totalmedia theatre -- as I've heard arcsoft have an alternate decoder for DTS that may help me output to my analog speakers and sub.

this is really PISSING me off, since I legally bought this stuff, I dont deserve to be treated like a thief. all they are doing is encouraging me to seek alternative, pirate methods to get things working.

and believe me, if there is no way, NO threats of prison will scare me out of devising AND releasing a way for people to get this working myself. it is inherently wrong, and Id pay any price to fight the man. they have no idea who they are dealing with here. I feel its gods mission for me to stand up and die in the name of privacy, freedom, and individuality - and DRM is on the hitlist.

Hi spiroth10!

PowerDVD can only deliver the audio quality given by the movie. Even with DTS-HD common choices are 48 kHz with 24 bit or 96 kHz with 16 bit. So first check if the movie even has higher audio quality. If not, your're already fine!
However make sure you turn off effects like TrueTheater Sound (enabled by default in PowerDVD 15) or Dolby Headphone. They actually downgrade to 16 bit.
ReClock has nothing to do with this matter. It will only output whatever PowerDVD delivers.

I dont have digital speakers, and I'm trying to bypass this darn protected media path thing thats absolutely ruining video content I HAVE LEGALLY PURCHASED. which brought me here (I vowed to create software to bypass it myself if nobody else has already) -- and im sure many others came in the same pursuit.

I'm not sure if its working, since DTS-HD is still showing up as 48KHZ in powerDVD (although installing anydvd brought it up to 24bit)
it should be 96Khz no?

If the audio track isn't 96kHz, no. My guess is 99.9% of all discs are 48kHz. If you see 24bit, it is working (software players have to downsample to 48kHz/16bit, if the audio path isn't "secure").

The recent versions of LAV Filters include a new open source DTS decoder that fully supports the HD variants, so if you want to be sure of the real sample rate and bit depth of your audio track you can install it, play the main M2TS file from your Blu-ray with MPC-HC while using the external LAV decoder, and check the format in the decoder properties:

lav_dts-ma_96-24.png

unfortunately as great as this software is, I dont think it does what I was intending to do --

I am trying to do something that apparantly anydvd can't do --

which is STOP protected audio path from working.

I've read multitudes of posts on here claiming that anydvd cannot crack PAP -- and that something called slyplayer was supposed to do that, but apparantly still has yet to see the light of day.

I'm not trying to bit&* about slyplayer -- I already assumed it to be long abandoned -- just trying to make my goal more understandable. I think, while anydvd HD definitely lifts some requirements from the BD player, it cannot truly crack PAP -- which is why some downsampling still happens.

arguably, with the bit depth enhanced to 24 it MAY not be an audible difference, but downsampling bit rate still has negative effects on audio, and probably limits the bandwidth too, im not really sure how it works.

im almost about to give up hope on using my audio card and cave into these bastards who want more money for absolutely no reason and buy a AVR receiver and hook it up to my graphics card...

but I'd really enjoy NOT having to spend another thousand dollars on a 5.1 system when I ALREADY OWN one and a decent sound card (analogue, no protected audio path :( )

unfortunately as great as this software is, I dont think it does what I was intending to do --

I am trying to do something that apparantly anydvd can't do --

which is STOP protected audio path from working.

Why shouldn't it work? 48kHz/24bit indicates, that it *does*.

Back