• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trying to backup Trojan War dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

odd_function

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.5)
BENQ DVD DC DQ60 MREC
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 1918496 sectors (3747 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD VR
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I tried to copy using AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2.9.0.9 version and it simply game me this error message: I also attached the ifo files as well :)

Attachments

• Trojan War_DVD.zip
    37.1 KB · Views: 8
  • clone2.jpg
    clone2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 18
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1

Take a look at the bottom of the disc. Does it look silver?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. No it does not.

You have a pirated disc.

Someone used a standalone dvd video recorder, burned it onto a dvd-r, and sold it to you.
Take the disc back and complain.

You do not have an original pressed disc.

Anydvd and Clonedvd are intended for use with original pressed commercial dvds (or at least something that attempts to comply with a dvd-video standard) and not dvd-vr (video recording format).

Last edited:
Hey Web, Remember what i told you about standalone burner?
They totally disable ANYDVD every time you insert a disc that been burned with this funtion.

Like i said before it's really serious that AnyDVD fixes this problem before the DVD motion picture industry pick up on this & uses this for their advantage.

So if James has any FREE time to look at this problem, that would be great.
Get ANY DVD burner back-up movie that came from a stand alone DVD player/burner & run them with ANYDVD Enable.

By the way my Standalone Burner is a Panasonic DVD recorder Model No. DMR-ES40V

Better yet Yo' james contact me.
I'm tired of talking through middle men.

Ugly

Hi :)
Uglyinthemornin', an apt name is it? ;)
Anyway I'm sure you're aware of , not only the effort that Webslinger puts in to this forum. But the fact he must have the memory of an elephant to remember all the links etc.
So I'm sure he remembers your post re standalone burners.
I'm also aware that James is ever looking at posts that report possible/actual problems relating to AnyDVD.
If he hasn't responded then that's because he has nothing to say at present.
The last line in your post is also a bit unecessary "I'm tired of talking through middle men."
Without these 'middle men' James & co would have even less time on their hands to develope/enhance Slysofts stable.
So a little more consideration for the 'middle men' in future please.
TIA

Hi :)
odd_function are you using CloneDVD2 to rip/compress etc the disc?
If so try using AnyDVD to rip to HD & then CloneDVD2 to take files from HD etc.
Or drag & drop contents of DVD to HD.
I've no experience of standalone writers. But maybe one of these methods will help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-VR

"The DVD-VR standard defines a logical format for video recording on DVD-R, DVD-RW, and DVD-RAM style media, including the dual layer versions of these media. As opposed to media recorded with the DVD+VR recording standard, the resulting media are not DVD Video compliant, and will not play back in any DVD Video player. Most DVD video recorders in the market that support DVD-R, DVD-RW, or DVD-RAM media will allow recording to these media in DVD-VR mode, as well as in a DVD Video compliant mode.

also http://www.ulead.com/learning/general/video_04_1.htm

"Limitations of the DVD VR format

There are some limitations with the DVD VR format. Firstly there are two different DVD VR formats today: DVD-VR and DVD+VR. Each of these flavors of DVD VR has its own set of limitations in terms of editing and playback compatibility. For example when you delete a video from a disc using the DVD+VR format, you will not necessarily be able to immediately re-use that space, while with DVD-VR you will be able to. On the other hand a DVD-VR formatted disc will only playback on a DVD-VR aware device such as a home DVD Recorder that supports DVD-RW or DVD-RAM. A DVD+VR formatted disc will play on most DVD players. Also DVD-VR uses playlists instead of the navigation menus you are used to seeing on a DVD, while DVD+VR uses regular menus (with a 30MB space limitation for menus, menu video and menu music). Finally, each format is compatible with certain types of DVD media. In general, DVD-VR format is used with DVD-RW and DVD-RAM discs, while DVD+VR should be used with DVD+RW discs."

So, in summary, dvd-vr is not dvd-video compliant, and the discs do not play in all dvd players.

Anydvd and Clonedvd do not handle this format.

James may or may not respond, but if he does it won't be because anyone demands it.

I sincerely doubt supporting dvd-vr with Anydvd is a top priority for Slysoft (and I am skeptical that it should be).

Last edited:
Come on Web now demands it!! where am i demanding anything pleaze.
maybe look in to it when he has some FREE TIME TO SPARE.
I'm sure WEB a couple more words like demands in your next couple of posts should keep him from helping me thanks!

With all do respect I do have consideration for the middle men, past & present and future BUT I am trying to get more of an input & maybe James could shed more light on the subject. on the other hand Web is A good man if your anydvd freeze up or crashes with other program & promoting Verbatim media disc :clap::clap: But I am trying to get a not so simple answer that links on how to do it won't cut it at this junction in time.

Now if Web worked on the ANYDVD progam as James actually does I would want to pick both of their brains, but James at the moments puts out the updates... daily, weekly, monthly & yearly so then James would be that guy i would need to relate the question too.

Web by the way good wiki & unlead report.

BUT it does not really explain why does ANYDVD when enable crashes Everytime when a standalone burned DVD is inserts. VR or Not
I could see if anydvd NEVER work before but like i said before in an older post. When AnyDVD/HD blueray was introduced that when the AnyDVD crashes begain not before. so if they once work why are they not working now. What was change.

I always thought a bad sector was a bad sector and when anydvd was enable it would fix these sort of problems with ease but these certain sectors has AnyDVD crashing without even a fight 1-2-3 crash 1-2-3 crash is this what my money bought? a great program like AD that can crack hard copyright DVDs but can't crack a simple bogus sector on a back up standalone.

also how come Nero can read them?? is NERO a better program then AnyDVD??
and why is that standalone burn DVDs play great on the computer when ANYDVD IS DISABLE???

James Crack this 4 Me & I'll sent you a donation & Web your still the best too
your info/input & posts has been very helpful & insightful at times.:):)

I'm Just so darn... UGLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back